• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Alright, sounds fair. I'll list what, 5 players? But then, considering the list I had earlier, I'd have to choose between:

John, Robbie, Troy, Gary, Nik, Troy again, David, Airo, Booshk, Sion, Howard FROM VICTORIA, BC Chris, Rusty, Herschel, Gerald, and GAMEPRO, etc.

If I may recall, Troy, Gary, Robbie, Nik, David, Airo, Booshk, and for a really short time, BC, were all part of the PR at one time. Am I missing anyone else for honourable mention?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
me, I'm not too far off. Except since I've actually played the game and practiced a little, I haven't played anyone but Tim. And nobody else has played Tim. :\

Nest tourney maybe, cause I'll have actually played the game within the 5 months coming up to it unlike last time lol

Tim should be mentioned too imo, but freakin Ktown is like on the other side of the world lol
Maybe Brown Town can discuss it after the 16th ;]

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Well, I mean, the people I listed are very good. Like I said, most have been ranked previously, but now are inactive.

Troy was like 5th at one time. Nik was 6th, I think? Gamepro, David, and Robbie were 8th. John was uh, 1st.

I guess I just haven't seen enough of the newer players.

AIDS

Smash Lord
it's called MK ban = Fox ban! ;]
Fox is good, but he is also the perfect charecter to get punished. I am sorry Dynamism, you can't compare melee to brawl, this thread is going to be anti brawl. =)

I find melee fox fun to play against, I don't even enjoy playing brawl, see the difference?

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Lol Kyuu, I thought you were dead. You still play much?

Rushan, you gotta calm down. You're so anti-anti-brawl. He just said he doesn't enjoy playing the game. And that this thread is to be melee-oriented, which it is. Read the bottom of the first post. Either way, unnecessary reaction, sir =P .

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Why does this thread have to be anti Brawl and no just pro melee?

I love fighting MKs, which is awesome cause there are so many, see, there's another reason why I like Brawl.

That was kind of harsh but none the less true lol

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Who actually has a capture card/ video editting software? Evan, are you off school right now? Cuz then if you were to get something that takes VHS and puts it on youtube, then we could actually have BC producing valuable matches for the melee community.

Also, PR.

Patooty

Smash Ace
screw this vhs recording shizz...

Anyone want to support me in buying a dvd recorder?
I'll pay the bulk of it.. but having 5 or 10 dollars or something come from a few people would be great.

I feel like... doing some video editing :)

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I was actually looking around at some laptop cards so I could split and record direct to my laptop. Kinda wish I didn't sell my GameBridge back when it was $20 - $30. No way in hell I'll pay $80 for that now...

http://www.gadgetell.com/tech/comment/leadtek-intros-the-winfast-exdtv2300-h-tv-capture-card/
That one looks so promising but I don't think it's out yet and dunno if anyone will carry it when it is =( Also will probably be super expensive.

Edit: I'd chip in $5 Tiep.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
That would be a good place to put that iron man MM I had with Adam, and the Falcon ditto MM I did with Matt. Sounds like a good idea. : )

I just have to get my videos from Nathan first. >_>
Yah, what's up with that Nathan guy, anyways? It's almost as if he doesn't care at all about a couple money match videos and a mountain of friendlies. Is that crazy, or is it just me.

Answer, it's just me, me being crazy Nathan. GET YOUR OWN CAPTURE CARD YOU LAZY RAGGAMUFFIN!!!

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
If you were to actually help get vids and stuff up efficiently, of course there would a few people to help you out with $5 here and there (myself included). How much does one cost altogether?

Patooty

Smash Ace
The one I'm looking at so far is 167.9888 after taxes.
I might be able to shop around and find an equally good one for cheaper, but that's the ballpark price.

Patooty

Smash Ace
I have the link to the thing at home, but basically it's a toshiba 1080p dvd recorder with UPCONVERTING POWERS and a good amount of playback formats.

thanks for all the support guysh!

AIDS

Smash Lord
lol oh ok, cool, yeah that sounds way mor efective, we could still use dazzle to upload but somewhere a long the lines of lending it out between tony, manuel, and john one of the 3 cd's is missing, and it is one that is required. So that kinda sucks.

Metà

Smash Master
Yah, what's up with that Nathan guy, anyways? It's almost as if he doesn't care at all about a couple money match videos and a mountain of friendlies. Is that crazy, or is it just me.

Answer, it's just me, me being crazy Nathan. GET YOUR OWN CAPTURE CARD YOU LAZY RAGGAMUFFIN!!!
Nathan, just put the money matches up. I don't care about the friendlies, you can just give the VHS's for those ones, and I dunno, I'll do something with them. All I ask is those two sets, and I think you know the ones I'm talking about.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
Nathan, just put the money matches up. I don't care about the friendlies, you can just give the VHS's for those ones, and I dunno, I'll do something with them. All I ask is those two sets, and I think you know the ones I'm talking about.
Yes I do. The three for all where we all taunted and you then tippered Matt and then that friendly match I had with Adam where I won. You're right, I should get those two matches up immediately.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Tiep did you buy the DVD recorder yet? If you did bring it to SFU this thursday smashfest if not I'll give you 10, we should record more since B.C has one of the better melee communitys out there.. and a lot of the amazing stuff never gets uploaded.

Patooty

Smash Ace
I bought it but it's on credit so I still have to pay it off, so any contributions are welcome! I think I have until August 20th to pay.

I will be bringing it this thursday. So for anyone who wants to come and record matches (and donate), come to SFU.

Top Bottom