• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
LOL @ ADAM. whatta genius

ITS A TAKEOVA
Is this in regards to...

Yes, I went a little far with the Nationality thing. I apologize. I guess it's just a coincidence.

On another note, Eric had one bad tournament. Winners can't be winners all the time. We have to remember that large national scale tournaments should count for more than anything else. The only tournaments being based on most peoples lists are local BC tournaments. This further construes the PR list to a more narrow view point. Nobody was there to see Eric **** people at GENESIS. He was 4 stocking people like Lovage and Tang, he took a match off M2K, he took 3 Shizwiz stocks only losing 2 of his own in crew battles, He placed 17th (respectively, considering the vast number of skilled players) losing only to M2K (given) and Lambchops (pretty much a given). Granted, Tony and Manuel did not attend GENESIS, for whatever reason. I cannot say I wouldn't expect a terribly different preformance (because they're all so close), but those accomplishments that Eric made don't seem to be coming into play at all in the decision making process here.

Also, overall he has probably THE best track record of any smasher in BC, ever.

Anyways, that's all I've got, I gotta run. paaaaayce!
???

If so, what's genius about it? (sarcasm?) :confused:

Either way, Eric, you're not allowed to do that. Sorry, lol

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
ok.
eric is the most consisent player. he ***** the hardest.
he went to genesis and repped bc hard.
eric for 1st.
imo its just between manuel and tony

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I just came here to say one thing

I might go to Pound 4.

I got a bunch of random time slots open from my music and work schedules so I might fly out there for that. Probably just as a spectator if I do since I love watching and surely it'll have some fine watchings like Genesis did

this thread doesn't move very fast...

pointless stuff *not worth reading lol*

i feel so loved.
I heard you are very sexy. I will love-at-first-sight you too.
By the sounds of things, you're like a mini adam with your Falcon. And just as hot as adam too. Good combo for smash as you surely know! :p

i probs do it a lot
Everyone does to some extent but it's really quite easy to control. Tricks of the mind and human nature are my ***** lol
Or you could simply not include yourself and throw that out the window...

whoa now, whats with everyone trying to hit on mah boy Will.
He's our BC Victra
Who can NOT hit on you/him?
no homo lol

you were playing like **** at Genesis doubles.
I count landing 23 dsmashes in a match and coming down to last stock you vs 1 as a victory. That's what I was trying, and I succeeded! lol
I wasn't really playing if you didn't realize that, I'm sure you notice.

have you guy ever noticed that tim look like falco?
lol yeah his super whistling makes so much sense! His pew pew irl and shield are pretty good too. Not to mention he actually looks like Falco too... Falco's sexy! no homo again

PR related semi-important stuff

Is this thing ever getting updated? I thought it would change after erics tourney.
This ^

Eric
Manuel
Dieslow
John
Ryan
Tiep
Sion
Tim
Evan
Myself

yaaaah gogogogogogogogogo
This and finally TIE the controversial ones if you're not gonna do what Manuel said about "last 3-4 tourneys decide" thing...
even isn't a bad thing

I put Tim above me as well, our top 6 is really strong at the moment.
This ^

Yah you're right, BC has gotten SOOO good
This ^

large national scale tournaments should count for more than anything else. Also, overall he has probably THE best track record of any smasher in BC, ever.
This ^

That shouldn't really apply to a PR like this one, as that's what results are for, and the 'panelist' concept. If someone beats good people under the right circumstances (no lag, both warmed up, TOURNAMENT setting) and they say they're good, they probably are. lol

who's going to Tourney Play 3 next weekend?
ERIC TONY MANLI DOOOOOO IIIIIIIIT

LOL @ Ryan and Adam
both said funny and/or stupid things since my last post

NOW GET THIS THING UPDATEEEEEEEDDDDDDDD

dieslow

Smash Ace
1. dieslow
1. bluntman
1. dikenose
4) Ryan
5) John
6) Tiep
7) Daltsy/Sion
8) Sion/Daltsy
9) Evan
10) Yakal

my name first though pls

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
You know how this thing never get's updated and is always a long, endless discussion?
I think it's a big reason BC has excelled this fast...

If it was updated twice a year EC style, there wouldn't be as much intention to improve QUICKLY because it wouldn't matter for 6 months...

If I didn't know better, I'd look at this and think - "This is the best bunch of smashers in a group, showing what the community is all about. Purposefully discussing and playing to improve and get better than each other, therefore improving as a group on a world scale..

Kudos guys!

Tony, go to more OOS tourneys (if you can) and win the next couple BC ones (or at least 1 of them) then #1 will sooo be yours.

At this point (with fast updates it could change in a month) and for the last few weeks, Eric has unquestionably held #1. There is nothing done or said that could possibly prove otherwise on paper or theoretically (unless partially unbacked up) that could faulter that at this point.

Also at this moment in time, Manuel won the most recent tourney, has been playing quite well (consistingly for this short time) and beat you in tournament. Barely, and it could've gone either way, but for this SEASON, Manuel rightfully deserves #2.

This isn't something that someone needs experience in top level play, extremely observant or a math wiz to determine. That's just what the case is this SEASON

This will probably be updated faster than another 5 tourney/smashfests come so please don't delay this single update any more than needed.

**** eric and manuel even MORE next month, piece of cake!
right? :D

If you can't wait, then ties or something need to be done...

It's good to discuss, but it's silly to FINISH DISCUSSING AND HAVE COMPLICATIONS THAT CAN'T BE RESOLVED THROUGH DISCUSSION

Seriously, Yakals list or something

do it already and plan the next significant events lol

Patooty

Smash Ace
I think this is the first time we were actually this "stale-mated". The reason being that we declared updates would be seasonal. So now people actually don't want to update the list until the list swings towards THEIR opinion, otherwise they'll be discontent for the next ~3 months.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Isn't it the first time there's been long termish discussion too?

They go hand in hand, good things *thumbs up*

What would make it even better is if the discussion trailed into "what people could do to get better/do be higher on the next one"

hmmm???? ;D

Either way a decision has to be made... :\

Harrisburg

Smash Journeyman
i dont think we should do that.

lets just leave it up to who can message me first on msn. :)

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I don't know who we are kidding. We know Eric deserves first.

We might not think he's the best in our own minds in terms of potential (I speak for myself), but he deserves first. I don't consider "if I were playing my best" arguments.

Tiep, the seasonal thing is true, I think. But people should have thought of that before they got beat by dumb marths and falcons in tournaments.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
The problem is the 3 gurus of B.C are discussing who should be top 3. =_= and nothing really gets done. Since other opinions are invalid.

Diakonos

Smash Lord

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Instead of trying to make a PR based on way to much information to get anything done [ex. OOS, __ vs everyone in bc..etc]. How about instead, the top 3 all play each other in a PR set or PR+Money set and record performance.

Obviously this will happen each tournament for a few of them. Because someone could be having a bad day or something.

My 2¢

Or you can go back to having 6 month out dated PR's and flame wars lol.

Get hype matches ;) ;)

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
We're not going anywhere.
HEY
in that quote I point out that the result of this...
"he real question is whether we're willing to accept that the top 3 is really close, and that the most objective way of determining it is by recent tournament performance (maybe last 4 tournaments?). If we aren't willing to do that, we're not going anywhere"

Is this...

Eric
Manuel
Tony

Just update it manuel, the entire order has pretty much been decided, but it'll NEVER have EVERYONE's vote. This is as close to a finalization it'll come to for THIS SEASON

gg it already lol

Who votes that the list be updated with that one that was posted like 5/6 times on the last couple pages?

dieslow

Smash Ace
my list remains the same, quit ur biching and crying

how can u update it when panelists are split between the decision? this isnt a democracy where u can vote and think it means something lol @ dynamism

get that **** outta here tripple post bayum

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Again, we are asking ourselves for "one more tournament" before we update because we didn't like the outcome of the previous one. This last tournament should have quite a bit of say to clear these past things up.

Tony, I don't think you are the best. Even if I did, you haven't performed the best. Eric has, and after him, I have. You might not like that. Regarding "democracy", I haven't heard of a country where everyone needs to vote for one leader in order for him/her to be elected. I laughed at "triple post bayam" though.

I am not willing to just update it though. I want people to be mature enough to go with it, even if they disagree-- no one has disagreed with my proposition in bold up there.

dieslow

Smash Ace
I guess I'm immature then because I disagree.

So its a tie between eric and I for first. big deal. cry a river. tapsumbong.
this thread is pretty dead-locked.

The panelists have spoken.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I am not willing to accept that the top 3 is really close, and that the most objective way of determining it is by recent tournament performance (maybe last 4 tournaments?).
Is that what you're actually saying?

If you disagree with that method, then what method do you suggest? (aside from just making ties or not updating)

Harrisburg

Smash Journeyman
at that last tournament, tony performed better than eric did, eric did worse than usual imo.
i dnno if you were saying that eric did better than tony there manuel, just what i think.. o.o

and i think tony was just being a gay guy and didnt care enough about considering you to be an actual threat so it took longer for him to get serious, and then he just ruined it again by being homo sex.

even though he lost to you in that. to me it was clear enough that he is better. in my eyes atleast.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
what the heck when did you get here james?
I got here a couple pages ago to announce that I might attend Pound 4 after all.
Then I noticed that this PR thing was nearing an end (sort of) of the discussion and wanted to stay tuned to see the new update.

It's just taking longer than I'd hoped lol

and i think tony was just being a gay guy and didnt care enough about considering you to be an actual threat so it took longer for him to get serious, and then he just ruined it again by being homo sex.

even though he lost to you in that. to me it was clear enough that he is better. in my eyes atleast.
And that's perfectly fine.

You and several others see it that way, and that's reasonable.
Tony could've easily played under his own level and choked against a Falcon. Either way though, the people he lost too have no doubt had better days too. Surely you can understand that? :\

At the same time, you (and a few others) have been giving Eric's performance in that tourney a big 'no johns' thing as a reason why the other 2 are possibly better than him.

But giving him a benefit of a doubt, that he wasn't playing well/choked and his RECENT track record being so good, Eric is without question still first.

Note: There has yet to be ANY reason why eric shouldn't be first aside from some people saying he choked this tourney and there's LOTS to support him.

Tony losing to john and manuel not being significant and Eric having one bad tournament being so impactful on the PR is a little scewed...

Do you at least understand where the others here are coming from with their lists?

Harrisburg

Smash Journeyman
dynamism, dont treat me like im stupid =.=

i know all that, i see where they are coming from,
i disagree with what they say, simple as that.

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
btw anyone up for a smashfest at my house next sat? Come anytime n the morning, must leave by 10 pm. Recording...... might be done, my old comp died so im getting all that stuff fixed.

Top Bottom