• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
waitwaitwaitwait

Hold the phone.

Did I just leave one Victor only to come here and find another one? h4x

:005:
hahahahahaha. I've only known Will for like, a day and yet it seems like we're the exact same person. It's great.

guys isnt this supposed to b the PR thread? well w/e lol
Isn't a mod supposed to keep threads on topic? XD yeah sorry, I got a little too excited there.

Carry on with your PR discussion, Will and I will take our flirting elsewhere ):< Also, go to the Alberta thread and give them a good talking to about how to be an active community.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
Meh. I played Will. I beat him. Don't see anyone raving about how awesome I am... by which I mean PR PR,
1)you There is unrest in the forest,
2)me There is trouble with the trees.
3)us For the maples want more sunlight,
4)tree And the oaks ignore their pleas...
THE TROUBLE WITH THE MAPLES, AND THEY'RE QUITE CONVINCED THEY'RE RIGHT, THEY SAY "THE OAKS ARE JUST TOO LOFTY, AND THEY GRAB UP ALL THE LIGHT!"
BUT THE OAKS CAN'T HELP THEIR FEELINGS IF THEY LIKE THE WAY THEY'RE MADE! AND THEY WONDER WHY THE MAPLES CAN'T BE HAPPY IN THEIR SHADE!!!!!

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
1) Eric
2) Manuel
3) Tony
4) John
5) Ryan
6) Tiep
7) Daltsy
8) Sion
9) Evan
10) Will/Yakal

I'm basing this strictly on opinion and tournament results over the past 6 months or so. I feel like I'm ripping Tim off by putting him at 7th seeing as how he beat Carl at the last major edmonton tournament and he beat eggz and placed very well at one of the last WA tournaments he went to.

Will has a great ground game with falcon, his airiel game needs some work. If that makes sense... >_>

Yakal has been hovering around 10th for a while, and playing him over the weekend I saw that he had improved substantially. I haven't been around to play tiep, ryan, tim, etc. for very long, but I believe my list is fairly accurate. Also, I'm not as biased as I used to be, I've been working on that in treatment. All things aside, take my list for what it's worth. :ohwell:

Sion

Island of Horizon
1) Eric
2) Manuel
3) Tony
4) John
5) Ryan
6) Tiep
7) Daltsy
8) Sion
9) Evan
10) Will/Yakal

I'm basing this strictly on opinion and tournament results over the past 6 months or so. I feel like I'm ripping Tim off by putting him at 7th seeing as how he beat Carl at the last major edmonton tournament and he beat eggz and placed very well at one of the last WA tournaments he went to.

Will has a great ground game with falcon, his airiel game needs some work. If that makes sense... >_>

Yakal has been hovering around 10th for a while, and playing him over the weekend I saw that he had improved substantially. I haven't been around to play tiep, ryan, tim, etc. for very long, but I believe my list is fairly accurate. Also, I'm not as biased as I used to be, I've been working on that in treatment. All things aside, take my list for what it's worth. :ohwell:
I put Tim above me as well, but you're not ripping him off too bad, Adam. Out of all of the PR, I think we all have a fighting chance to beat many people. BC has gotten very good at smash and some people we couldn't beat before aren't so far out of reach anymore. Tim did beat Carl and eggz, but who can you honestly say can't beat them on our PR? or might even stand a chance? I'm not trying to discredit Tim, he does well. Hell, I'd put him up even more if it was up to me, but it isn't. Tim always says I'm better than he is and that he likes my style and I acknowledge this, but he did place well in other tournaments, meaning he's better than I am. It's just too hard to tell because our top 6 is really strong at the moment.

Just my two cents.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I put Tim above me as well, but you're not ripping him off too bad, Adam. Out of all of the PR, I think we all have a fighting chance to beat many people. BC has gotten very good at smash and some people we couldn't beat before aren't so far out of reach anymore. Tim did beat Carl and eggz, but who can you honestly say can't beat them on our PR? or might even stand a chance? I'm not trying to discredit Tim, he does well. Hell, I'd put him up even more if it was up to me, but it isn't. Tim always says I'm better than he is and that he likes my style and I acknowledge this, but he did place well in other tournaments, meaning he's better than I am. It's just too hard to tell because our top 6 is really strong at the moment.

Just my two cents.
Yah you're right, BC has gotten SOOO good. WE even have a few players capable of competing with some of the best in the world. It's really quite amazing. I can't wait to play all you guys again! ^__^

It's gunna be alot of work for me to get back up to where I used to be on the PR, that's for sure ;)

Eggz

Smash Hero

Just my two cents.
id wager that when im on my A game only eric could hold a reliable chance of beating me, actually

thought A game and reliable pretty much mean I said nothing new

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
Adam, I understand William made a very good impression on you, believe me he has amazed me as well; though please consider the fact that he has yet to enter a tournament and I can confidently say he would not fair as well against the rest of PR as I would. I do believe I have improved, and I have showed a few people what I am capable of doing in the past and to eric last saturday. Just keep this in mind plz.

Sion raeps

Get@Will

Smash Champion
Adam, I understand William made a very good impression on you, believe me he has amazed me as well; though please consider the fact that he has yet to enter a tournament and I can confidently say he would not fair as well against the rest of PR as I would. I do believe I have improved, and I have showed a few people what I am capable of doing in the past and to eric last saturday. Just keep this in mind plz.

Sion raeps
word. YAKAL ***** <3

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Will is really good for someone who just joined the community but he's not PR material come on guys! XD

Yakal is way better then Will! Also it would be very unfair to put him on 10th instead of Yakal just because of one smashfest that's not even a tournament! Let's see how he does in the next few months when tournaments come up then judge!

By the way Will if your reading this I added you on MSN my MSN is browncurry@hotmail.com

Get@Will

Smash Champion
Will is really good for someone who just joined the community but he's not PR material come on guys! XD

Yakal is way better then Will! Also it would be very unfair to put him on 10th instead of Yakal just because of one smashfest that's not even a tournament! Let's see how he does in the next few months when tournaments come up then judge!

By the way Will if your reading this I added you on MSN my MSN is browncurry@hotmail.com
This. I guess I would be considered okay for someone who's just joined the community like Eric said, but when it comes down to experience, I'm nowhere near Yakal or anyone else for that matter. Winning friendlies is great, but the real pressure is on when it's tourney time, which I have no real experience with. Yakal for PR <3. All this stuff bout me getting onto PR, wait till next season xP

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
1) Eric/Tony/Manuel
2) Manuel/Eric/Tony
3) Tony/Manuel/Eric
4) John
5) Ryan
6) Tiep
7) Daltsy/Sion
8) Sion/Daltsy
9) Evan
10) Yakal

Diakonos

Smash Lord

Yakal, Eric, and I have the same list. Adam's is slightly different.

I feel as though we're at a stalemate, it's hard to go on from here. I can't count someone's opinion as better simply because they say so, and I haven't seen any post with legitimate reason for why someone should be placed higher than someone in quite a while.

Please help me guys. What do I do?

dieslow

Smash Ace
Ryan, John, and I have the same list. John's is slightly different.

we need a PR-tourney round robin sudden death /w stats.

or

rock paper scissors. ur choice

Harrisburg

Smash Journeyman
i dont think Adams list should be counted, since its based ONLY on tourney results, because
in the last two tournaments ( jimz and erics? ) jimz everyone im sure agrees is dumb enough to not count? and in erics i placed higher than john.

And Yakal, wasnt there for the last tourney so i dont think he can make a proper list.

this was tieps list. (did not include himself.. homo) only took top 5.

Dieslow
Blunted_object10
Diakonos
Cowear
Hitsugaya

so its
Tiep, John, Tony and myself have the same list while johns is slightly different

at this point, i think all we can do is put list together and see who wins.
and remember its just PR. everyone should get what they think out before its updated so once it is, theres no hard feelings.
and saying that... manuel you glub lol

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
i dont think Adams list should be counted, since its based ONLY on tourney results, because
in the last two tournaments ( jimz and erics? ) jimz everyone im sure agrees is dumb enough to not count? and in erics i placed higher than john.

And Yakal, wasnt there for the last tourney so i dont think he can make a proper list.

this was tieps list. (did not include himself.. homo) only took top 5.

Dieslow
Blunted_object10
Diakonos
Cowear
Hitsugaya

so its
Tiep, John, Tony and myself have the same list while johns is slightly different

at this point, i think all we can do is put list together and see who wins.
and remember its just PR. everyone should get what they think out before its updated so once it is, theres no hard feelings.
and saying that... manuel you glub lol
1) Eric
2) Manuel
3) Tony
4) John
5) Ryan
6) Tiep
7) Daltsy
8) Sion
9) Evan
10) Will/Yakal

First of all, as you can see, I'm basing most of it on my opinion.
2nd of all, you're completely discounting the last Washington tournament where eric pretty much ***** everyone and barely lost to eggz.
3rd of all, my list counts ^_^

Edit: Why do all the viets band together like this everytime we want to update? O_o

It's like you guys all collaborate and then decided to vote for the same list in an attempt to hold a majority. Just something I've noticed over the years. That is all. :)

<3 viets

Patooty

Smash Ace
Edit: Why do all the viets band together like this everytime we want to update? O_o
I think that when you're able to actually talk, a consensus is much easier reached. Notice how Manuel and Eric agree? Nationality has nothing to do with it.

Also, why is it that when Eric ALMOST beats Eggz, it's an accomplishment, but when Tony beats him and wins $20 in 5 dollar money matches, it's looked past. It's almost as if the latter is expected so it doesn't blow anyone away. Doesn't that say something?

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I think that when you're able to actually talk, a consensus is much easier reached. Notice how Manuel and Eric agree? Nationality has nothing to do with it.

Also, why is it that when Eric ALMOST beats Eggz, it's an accomplishment, but when Tony beats him and wins $20 in 5 dollar money matches, it's looked past. It's almost as if the latter is expected so it doesn't blow anyone away. Doesn't that say something?
I'm all for talking, it's just sometimes I feel shot down for asking others to talk.

Eric and I agree, but it would be a stretch to say that we only agree because we talk. Correlation and nothing more. It is also a stretch to say that viets string together though, so I won't agree there.

Regarding Eggz, I think you need to put time frame into consideration. At that same tournament where Tony took $20 off Eggz, I ***** the balls off of Eric and Tony, yet in your list I'm 3rd. In that same tournament, I lost to Silent Wolf. In this past tournament, Eggz beat SW, and Eric just about beat Eggz.

So either we say "play style is coming into effect" or we say "Eggz has improved, and so it's an accomplishment to almost beat him". Nomsain?

I am becoming discouraged guys. =[

EDIT;// Okay. I've been thinking about it. The top 3 are all really close. I am quite sure of that. I think opinion and play style come into effect and we can genuinely feel one person is better than another because of that. BECAUSE it's so subjective and close, it makes sense to let recent tournament performance dictate what it should be for this winter fall session.

In fact, we had this last tournament at Eric's as THE tournament to help clear things up before we changed it. And now all of a sudden we're saying we need another one? That's kind of silly. No. It's very close, and we ought to take the only objective means of figuring this out have.

I believe that the list is then

1. Eric/Manuel
2. Eric/Manuel
3. Tony

There isn't really a big jump at all between 1 and 3. It's so hard to say. That's why it makes sense to just go with what tournaments have shown recently. I personally believe I'm better than Eric, and frankly I think he does too, but he's performed very well recently. That opinion goes out the window.

Patooty

Smash Ace

Correlation and nothing more. It is also a stretch to say that viets string together though, so I won't agree there.
I'm glad you can see the absolute inanity that was brought forth there. Adam, I'm disappointed you would bring something like that up, and also ashamed that I felt the need to fight fire with fire implying correlation = causation when I know that it doesn't.
(Haha, sorry Adam, just 1 more cheap shot at you :laugh: )

As for tournament performance, here is my caring-scale.

How you beat someone > Who you beat > How you placed

I'm sorry that I couldn't be there to see how you beat them. All I know is that you beat them, and at times, they will beat you too. They were there though, and their PR lists should reflect that (and maybe their lists already do).

------------------------

Edit: wow ok, you edited your post in the time it took me to post.

EDIT;// Okay. I've been thinking about it. The top 3 are all really close.... BECAUSE it's so subjective and close, it makes sense to let recent tournament performance dictate what it should be for this winter fall session.

In fact, we had this last tournament at Eric's as THE tournament to help clear things up before we changed it. And now all of a sudden we're saying we need another one? That's kind of silly. No. It's very close, and we ought to take the only objective means of figuring this out have.

I believe that the list is then

1. Eric/Manuel
2. Eric/Manuel
3. Tony

There isn't really a big jump at all between 1 and 3. It's so hard to say. That's why it makes sense to just go with what tournaments have shown recently.

That' wrong. The only objective means would be:

1. Manuel
2. Tony
3. Eric

according to your edit. Eric placed horribly.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero

Yes, I went a little far with the Nationality thing. I apologize. I guess it's just a coincidence.

On another note, Eric had one bad tournament. Winners can't be winners all the time. We have to remember that large national scale tournaments should count for more than anything else. The only tournaments being based on most peoples lists are local BC tournaments. This further construes the PR list to a more narrow view point. Nobody was there to see Eric **** people at GENESIS. He was 4 stocking people like Lovage and Tang, he took a match off M2K, he took 3 Shizwiz stocks only losing 2 of his own in crew battles, He placed 17th (respectively, considering the vast number of skilled players) losing only to M2K (given) and Lambchops (pretty much a given). Granted, Tony and Manuel did not attend GENESIS, for whatever reason. I cannot say I wouldn't expect a terribly different preformance (because they're all so close), but those accomplishments that Eric made don't seem to be coming into play at all in the decision making process here.

Also, overall he has probably THE best track record of any smasher in BC, ever.

Anyways, that's all I've got, I gotta run. paaaaayce!

Hitsugaya

Smash Ace
Ryan you may have placed higher but I took out Eric and I 4 stocked Sion.
You had to take out Kuriko where as I had to take out Eric.

And they way you talk about it, it seems like your only counting Eric's tourney. Like how Yakal wasnt there so his list doesnt matter? wtf? If were going by JUST that then Tiep > Me and You.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Sion
Eric
Tim
Yakal
Tiep
Evan
Will
John
Manuel
Tony

Random number generated PR!

Tim wants a full carpool to go to Tourneyplay 3. There's me and him so far. Who's in? John? Eric? Adam?

Harrisburg

Smash Journeyman
lol john. That was only a response to Adam and why I didn't think it made sense. And with Yakal. In erics tourney you gotta admit that lots of people were better than you wouldve thought prior to the tourney. I thought it wasn't right to bring it up since I DID end up losing. But then I read something about eric almost winning. Don't rememer haha. Anyways in both my match with tony and manuel it was so close that one smash wouldve changed the outcome or one little thing.

Wrote on iPod I'll recheck this later

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I'm glad you can see the absolute inanity that was brought forth there. Adam, I'm disappointed you would bring something like that up, and also ashamed that I felt the need to fight fire with fire implying correlation = causation when I know that it doesn't.
(Haha, sorry Adam, just 1 more cheap shot at you :laugh: )

As for tournament performance, here is my caring-scale.

I'm sorry that I couldn't be there to see how you beat them. All I know is that you beat them, and at times, they will beat you too. They were there though, and their PR lists should reflect that (and maybe their lists already do).

------------------------

Edit: wow ok, you edited your post in the time it took me to post.

That' wrong. The only objective means would be:

1. Manuel
2. Tony
3. Eric

according to your edit. Eric placed horribly.
Thanks for the reply man. I agree with your caring-scale for tournament performance.

Yes, they were there. But sometimes people's intuition about how a match went isn't always accurate. Sometimes we feel like we should have beat someone, even though we get *****. Other times we feel like we barely won (maybe it was intense) though the stocks say otherwise. Adam was there too, he'll vouch... and neither Eric or Tony would deny it. That's quite a ways back anyway, I was only referring to your suggestion that Tony beat eggz then and no one paid attention to it. My argument is that if we're going to consider that, we ought to consider my performance there too-- it is an inconsistency to look at one and not the other.

Using your own caring-scale, the results would NOT be
1. Manuel
2. Tony
3. Eric

Quite obviously, you are considering only this past tournament. I never suggested using only this past tournament as means to evaluate. Only that this tournament was supposed clarify things. It did. It clarified that although Tony (and maybe a few others) felt confident that they could walk over other people on the PR, this isn't the case. Tony was actually saying that he wanted me to beat you so that he could beat me. I beat him 3-1 and then 3-2. That clarifies that we are very much comparable in skill, something that maybe would have been debated previously.

If we say
then we can properly consider performance better. Eric BARELY lost to Tony. He also BARELY lost to John. These are both players that I have high up on my ranking. In that case, it's not so "horrible". Worse than I was expecting, though.

Consider Tony's performance then. He Beat Eric, which is superb (very very close match). He beat Ryan (those were good matches, esp. uair). Which is very good. He beat you, which is very good. So far so good, I didn't see your matches though so I don't know how close it was. Then he lost to me (wat a noob, i'm 3rd on pr and he's 1st apparently). Then he lost to me again. So either he's bad, or I'm good.

Can we honestly contest that if we're using recent tournament results to break up the 1-3 tie, that Eric doesn't deserve first? I placed better than him this tournament, and the tournament I went to before that I got 2nd, losing only to Eric (TWICE).

The real question is whether we're willing to accept that the top 3 is really close, and that the most objective way of determining it is by recent tournament performance (maybe last 4 tournaments?). If we aren't willing to do that, we're not going anywhere.

Sion

Island of Horizon
You guys go WAY too even with each other. It takes literally days and weeks to decide 1-3... not that I'm complaining about it.

The real question is whether we're willing to accept that the top 3 is really close, and that the most objective way of determining it is by recent tournament performance (maybe last 4 tournaments?). If we aren't willing to do that, we're not going anywhere.
this?

Top Bottom