• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

Patooty

Smash Ace
Lol, and who determined how huge or tiny these skill gaps are?
k fine, your argument is that the gaps are small?

ie. Tony = Manuel > Adam > Ryan = Tiep = Roby > Matt = Evan = Tim = Keith?

I mean, how small do you want these "gaps" to be? As far as I'm concerned, there's no "gap" when matches go back and forward.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
lol, i find it unbelievable that you actually think that's what the skill gap is.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-768675052932255977&q=source:005090366627471473407&hl=en

That's Roby(6th) taking off 3 of Adam(3rd) stocks with ONE of his own. Clearly the two people above Roby, and Roby himself are separated from how skilled Adam is.

Fast forward a bit - that's Ryan taking off 2 tony stocks with one of his own. Clearly Tony is TWO gaps ahead of Ryan. ie. Ryan will have to train his *** to catch up to Adam before he even has a CHANCE of beating you or Tony.

I know this is only 1 video, but when you're a "gap" ahead, a video like this shouldn't be so easy to find. Let alone TWO gaps ahead...

Edit: granted that Tony killed himself, but even if all good things happened for him for the rest of that stock, a 1-stock difference =/= two skill gaps
I played Tony in a crew battle a week or two before that and took off two stock without losing any and I'm not even PR material. Some people have bad matches or bad days, and it's also just a random crew battle. Although I do agree that if you were going to divide the PR into general skill brackets that it would probably be more like 2 and not 4.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
I'm not trying to spread my ego but realistically when I look at how my matchups are with the 1-5 rankings
I have more consistent win ratio's (Not basing this off stats or anything) then say some people ranked 1-5 if they were to go against all those people. The only people I have the most trouble with is Tony and Manuel on a good day.

I agree that there are a lot of dumb choices I make when I play that sort of makes you think if I should be any higher, Or that everyone above me has OOS experience and I don't. (I dunno what you panelists talk about) but just because I have no OOS practice doesn't make me a bad player.

Well those are the two reasons I think to affect me. But theres still more tourneys to come so anything can happen. :)

unityole

Smash Lord
I'm not trying to spread my ego but realistically when I look at how my matchups are with the 1-5 rankings
I have more consistent win ratio's (Not basing this off stats or anything) then say some people ranked 1-5 if they were to go against all those people. The only people I have the most trouble with is Tony and Manuel on a good day.

I agree that there are a lot of dumb choices I make when I play that sort of makes you think if I should be any higher, Or that everyone above me has OOS experience and I don't. (I dunno what you panelists talk about) but just because I have no OOS practice doesn't make me a bad player.

Well those are the two reasons I think to affect me. But theres still more tourneys to come so anything can happen. :)
Roby = up NOW

Patooty

Smash Ace
wow, work-tiep is cranky lol

im just happy that obama won.

free foodz for the person who ***** the hardest at this tourney! :lick:

dieslow

Smash Ace
i retract my bet since i heard WA is coming LOL. ill do a $10 MM though since u have been avoiding it for weeks xD

Zero_P

Smash Ace
whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa
ancient smasher!
John has requested not to be on the rankings, and eric is away from BC for about a year so he's been taken off for now.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa
ancient smasher!
John has requested not to be on the rankings, and eric is away from BC for about a year so he's been taken off for now.
Pretty sure troy's like the only BC smasher that registered b4 me and nick did. tru fax.

Ryab played great on saturday. Wish I coulda played him instead of tony :/ played bad against tony tho Q__Q jonz.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
tim and howard should be on here.:)
hey look, somebody who actually knows wtf they're talking about.

thanks Ryab, glad you're smart cause this should've been said a lot a while ago! =D

lol I just loves outside-of--Van players ;P
Inside Van is ok too don worry ;P

unityole

Smash Lord
hey look, somebody who actually knows wtf they're talking about.

thanks Ryab, glad you're smart cause this should've been said a lot a while ago! =D

lol I just loves outside-of--Van players ;P
Inside Van is ok too don worry ;P
the world arounds SFU, vancouver only has a smaller radius than the island/norther bc

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Yeah, howard beat Tim... that's pretty good. I hear Keith did well against Tiep, though.

LOL GUYS WE HAVE ACTUAL CONTENTION FOR 7-10.
evan, that's HILARIOUS. :p

7 evan

Then matt/tim/howard/keith/nathan?

Top Bottom