• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Wow, Dieslow is first? That's fantastic! (But i'm sure it's old news [noparse]:p[/noparse])

I wish Alberta cared about it's PR like you guys are. =(

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Wow, Dieslow is first? That's fantastic! (But i'm sure it's old news [noparse]:p[/noparse])

I wish Alberta cared about it's PR like you guys are. =(
Isn't your PR pretty much:

1) Carl
2) Mike
3) Superboom
4) Steve

... everyone else? It was a terrible mistake to make it top 25. top 15 would have been much better, more encouraging. More competition, less petty argument. More incentive to play.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I think you're thinking of the one that Randall made. Brad, Levi, Mike and I made this top 15 one for Alberta last month but no one really cares about it. We don't even have a pretty pic. =(

unityole

Smash Lord
I think you're thinking of the one that Randall made. Brad, Levi, Mike and I made this top 15 one for Alberta last month but no one really cares about it. We don't even have a pretty pic. =(
come live in lower mainland. u'll have hell of a competition

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
We're all really lucky to have a dedicated Melee community considering our player size compared to some of the major cities in the U.S. :)

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
I'd say Tim has improved quite a bit since going to Vic. Partially because he actually has someone to play more than 2 times a month and more variety. Also, after playing somebody good who has a tourney no mercy mindset (like Eric) instead of some noob who screws around all the time (like me) for a decent length of time, he probably got his groove on.

Yeah VA, that's kind of uneeded and not really something to be too proud of (owning someone who hasn't played anyone but me for almost half a year when I didn't even play the game isn't a big accomplishment). And it wasn't exactly hard ownage at that lol.
yea, in vic me and Howard keep tim on his toesies.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
... sowy guys... :[

Funny part is, I'm trying to organize a tourney for Sat night so I can have some smash time too. I get back Sat morning around 10 from Lumby so I wouldn't have time to get to Van for 11. Then I'd have to be back in Ktown for 3 on Sunday, so I could be in Van from 4pm Saturday to 8am Sunday. That's when I plan to smash here instead XD

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
you mean Me/manuel/tony, then ryan/tiep/you, then everyone else?

trash talking locals FTW >.>

Roby we need more melee.

no johns, u better come next weekend.

... It's Mummras will... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERQV_wQqWBA
Actually I was thinking 1-2 > 3-6 > 7>10

no johns

I was going to come over tonight, but I got stuck with a night shift instead, tomorrow I can when you get off work, have to catch last train though.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Actually I was thinking 1-2 > 3-6 > 7>10

no johns

I was going to come over tonight, but I got stuck with a night shift instead, tomorrow I can when you get off work, have to catch last train though.
K, come right at 9:30pm. Needs more Falcon vs Fox practice. WA was too gay and went Marth alot. Marth's so easy now :/

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
Mark's comin by. He's making my combo vid for me. He said he's got a SWEET idea for it. Can't wait to chill with u guys.
I could do it better and I work for cookies. Which reminds me, who's Mark?
9 > 1-8 + 10.

:)
Agreed. Nine is greater than one minus eight plus ten.

Everyone else is way off.

Edit: POST #555! THAT MEANS THE NUMBER IS FAKE, I'M NOT WHO I APPEAR TO BE!!!

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Tony doesn't know how to handle 1st place properly.

I'll take you up for $10 bucks that you don't win the tournament this Saturday. All for friendly reasons, of course.

ADAM I CAN SMASH TONIGHT I'LL CALL YOU. I'm going to watch the election, then come over before I go home. Call me.

IMO 1-2 > 3 > 4-6> 7-10

btw Eric is ****

edit:// Just watched the finals. They weren't as bad as I remember -- all last stock matches, for one, and ledge cancelled to death on the first match with lower percentage... =P I recall it being worse.

Patooty

Smash Ace
lol, i find it unbelievable that you actually think that's what the skill gap is.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-768675052932255977&q=source:005090366627471473407&hl=en

That's Roby(6th) taking off 3 of Adam(3rd) stocks with ONE of his own. Clearly the two people above Roby, and Roby himself are separated from how skilled Adam is.

Fast forward a bit - that's Ryan taking off 2 tony stocks with one of his own. Clearly Tony is TWO gaps ahead of Ryan. ie. Ryan will have to train his *** to catch up to Adam before he even has a CHANCE of beating you or Tony.

I know this is only 1 video, but when you're a "gap" ahead, a video like this shouldn't be so easy to find. Let alone TWO gaps ahead...

Edit: granted that Tony killed himself, but even if all good things happened for him for the rest of that stock, a 1-stock difference =/= two skill gaps

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
lol, i find it unbelievable that you actually think that's what the skill gap is.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-768675052932255977&q=source:005090366627471473407&hl=en

That's Roby(6th) taking off 3 of Adam(3rd) stocks with ONE of his own. Clearly the two people above Roby, and Roby himself are separated from how skilled Adam is.

Fast forward a bit - that's Ryan taking off 2 tony stocks with one of his own. Clearly Tony is TWO gaps ahead of Ryan. ie. Ryan will have to train his *** to catch up to Adam before he even has a CHANCE of beating you or Tony.

I know this is only 1 video, but when you're a "gap" ahead, a video like this shouldn't be so easy to find. Let alone TWO gaps ahead...

Edit: granted that Tony killed himself, but even if all good things happened for him for the rest of that stock, a 1-stock difference =/= two skill gaps
Lol, and who determined how huge or tiny these skill gaps are?

Top Bottom