• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BC Melee Rankings: Late Fall 2012

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
So people can see the thought processes that went on. Our results were unbiased from the rest of the community in that way.

By the way, the fonts used were Batman and the Matrix, lol.

dieslow

Smash Ace
1st: Me bish
2nd: Manual
3rd: Adam
4th: Ryan
5th: Roby
6th: Tiep
7th: Matt
8th: Meta
9th: Tim
10th: Keith

summary:
me > manuel imo because i play at a more consistent level + have an easier time against people he struggles with: ex adam, roby, ryan. also no johns, stats also back me up. after Nov8 it should be more clear anyways.

adam > ryan cause adams been coming constantly and has been playing better than hes ever been while ryan hasnt been coming much to show anything. adam even took a tourney from me while i was playing good, he was on fire. although all last stock mid-high percent xD.
if i were to pick against one of them to play in tourney though.. tbh i'd choose adam over ryan

Roby > Tiep is a prettyy close imo. roby did 2-0 manuel in pools and went even with john. his stats swayed my decision.. but again, results should be more clear after nov8.

matt > evan imo. his dk was surprising, and he did well against adam, tiep, and me. hes there every smashfest playing pretty consistently too. it could be that we don't know the DK matchup, but i have a harder time with matt than evan.

Tim = does he get to be on PR for 1 smashfest? he does have skills.. but IMO rustylonghair deserves 9th.

keith is 10, but barely. yakal is right behind him imo.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Am I on there yet?

P.S I miss manuel hugging me randomly :(
Manuel is G like that. :bee:

Lol I'm sorry I missed the most recent tournament, the one where EVERYONE showed up except me lol.. Saturdays are bad for me now. :urg:

I think I'm capable of doing much better hopefully next time I can prove it. :]

dieslow

Smash Ace
double post cause id ont give a daym

"Alrighty, that's still good. To put things in perspective, though, it was a smashfest tournament with $2 pot. Even if I played poorly, I'm not sure that the weighting of such a tournament would be so influential. Let's keep that in mind." -Manuizzle Kardeneza

Nov8 will most likely be the same size in terms of people, but with a higher entry fee, thus bigger pot. Why should it be weighted differently because of the pot size? sounds like johns.. Lets make the nov8 a sidepot of $10 each if we see each other in finals. Deal?

Metà

Smash Master
I stronly agree with this list, except the last two spots, but I've never seen Tim play, so I don't know.

And Keith, I underestimated you; you've improved immensely since I last played you, and you probably deserve higher than 10th. Also, MONEY MATCH ME FOR $10, K? That is all.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
This vvv

Adam Brown
October 21 at 11:55am
omg, in depth discussion ftw. I'll post something later.

LOL

Also, change the panelist title thing, I don't think Eric was in on this XD

And 1 fest, Timmypoo gets 8th, why am I not surprised? :\

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Tim is mad ****. My estimate is that he'll be going up higher. As... Manuel said, he's inexperienced. Once he gets that experience, he's going to be crazy. The Shining crazy!

VA

Smash Hero
Tim is mad ****. My estimate is that he'll be going up higher. As... Manuel said, he's inexperienced. Once he gets that experience, he's going to be crazy. The Shining crazy!
I owned tim hard. 6-1 without using ma peach hahahahahaha.

AIDS

Smash Lord
Manuel here.

He played well, actually, when he came here. Maybe he improved? Also, he's 9th, not 8th.
Dynamism: Yeah I'll change that when I get home. Sorry mang.

Also, if you want to be insulting about anything, don't be insulting about that. It's pretty intolerant, and I'm not really down for that kind of language.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
I'd say Tim has improved quite a bit since going to Vic. Partially because he actually has someone to play more than 2 times a month and more variety. Also, after playing somebody good who has a tourney no mercy mindset (like Eric) instead of some noob who screws around all the time (like me) for a decent length of time, he probably got his groove on.

Yeah VA, that's kind of uneeded and not really something to be too proud of (owning someone who hasn't played anyone but me for almost half a year when I didn't even play the game isn't a big accomplishment). And it wasn't exactly hard ownage at that lol.

talking_chicken

Smash Apprentice
Jesus would have come to SFU today >.>

Also, Talking Chicken: Doc ditto MM? =)
Hey, I said Doc main, not some person that mains another character and happens to be good with Doc anyway. :)

Either way, I'll take it, at least if there's another fest in the next few months or if I can make it in November (which is looking a little more likely).

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'd say Tim has improved quite a bit since going to Vic. Partially because he actually has someone to play more than 2 times a month and more variety. Also, after playing somebody good who has a tourney no mercy mindset (like Eric) instead of some noob who screws around all the time (like me) for a decent length of time, he probably got his groove on.

Yeah VA, that's kind of uneeded and not really something to be too proud of (owning someone who hasn't played anyone but me for almost half a year when I didn't even play the game isn't a big accomplishment). And it wasn't exactly hard ownage at that lol.
Gotta start somewhere right? If you want the glory and be champion.. well... you have to kick everyone's *** lol.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Gotta start somewhere right? If you want the glory and be champion.. well... you have to kick everyone's *** lol.
well, I'm not one for glory and never have been a fan of the "bigger and more" mentallity of the human society, so I'm going to start by getting my *** kicked by everyone...and getting my *** less kicked until I don't get my *** kicked anymore. :D

There's the way of the warrior, but I find them to be often foolish. There's also the way of the ninja, though they don't have the goals of the warrior to push them. I will do both, like the turtle in the race.

See you in the finals of Cast4 ****er =D

Zero_P

Smash Ace
We rarely play actually, and I never "hated" barlw, I just like melee much more :)
and where did you get that idea that everytime I say that he beats me :/

Zero_P

Smash Ace
lol june I might have said I hated it but I never really meant it, I just didn't enjoy playing it. I was really into it for a while during the time I started to play snake and got good, after that I stopped playing because I felt I reached my peak

Top Bottom