• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BBR Weekly Character Discussion #34: Zelda

MrEh

Smash Hero
Oh no, I'm wrong! On the internet! All my arguments and all arguments that follow will be invalid!

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Yay but let's try not to derail things now and go back to whatever the last important point was being discussed... like shelda counting as one etc etc...

MrEh

Smash Hero
Even if they become Zelda/Sheik in the next tier list, I'm sure you can still use Zelda in low tiers. It's Zelda after all. Everyone knows how bad she is. I'm sure no one would argue against her in low tiers.

Judo777

Smash Master
Zelda is pretty bad but shes not quite as bad as people seem to rate her. She has to be played absolutely fundamentally. Shes a really bad spacing character like kriby that just has to out space ur opponent. Also Din's fire isnt near as worthless as people act. It can do one thing that alot of other projectiles can't. It forces you to always react to it no matter where u are on the stage. U can also use it to trade with other projectiles. I love when playing zelda and some body like wolf or falco pop e with a laser and i just curve dins fire at the ground and trade 2 for 16% its great lol.

Zelda has a few legit setups in her nair and dtilt and they can combo and true lock in certain situations its just hard to use. But yea shes still bad but not bottom tier IMO she does too well on alot of pretty good character.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
An interesting read... s'been a while.

Pretty sure all of the main points have been covered for the most part by everybody.

Clearly the only sane thing to do for Zelda mains is to just wait for Project: M to come out where Zelda will probably not suck overall and she'll actually be a viable, solid character worth using in things that actually matter WHILE being in a game that is significantly more technical and advanced.

I hope.

And maybe then, she might be taken seriously for once. The day I see a Zelda thread that doesn't get trolled by MrEh will probably be that time. Probably.

Edit: Post #100, yay.

MrEh

Smash Hero
And maybe then, she might be taken seriously for once. The day I see a Zelda thread that doesn't get trolled by MrEh will probably be that time. Probably.

Edit: Post #100, yay.
Hacked versions of Zelda aren't going to make people respect the unhacked Zelda.

Hacked versions of Zelda aren't going to make people respect the unhacked Zelda.
This.

Also, while Brawl- Zelda exists, why on earth would anyone care about Project:M's Zelda? I'm quite sure that one won't have double hitboxes ;___;

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
I actually think that if Brawl had more hitstun ala Melee that Zelda would be a much bigger threat than she is right now. At low percents especially, she'd have been able to COMBO.

Zelda, combo. That thought scared me, but it would have been possible. This game would have been a heck of a lot more interesting than nonstop footsies. And that isn't even looking at the others and what they could do.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
If Brawl had more hitstun.
If Zelda was faster.
If even a few of her moves didn't have so much knockback.

Any of those things would help her out as far as followups go, but oh well, gotta work with what we got.

Rion

Smash Journeyman
I meant at least the hacked ver. of Zelda would be respectable. Sorry for making it seem so ambiguous, it wasn't my intention.

Brawl- is more of a for-fun, crazy ridiculous mod to me, which I'm pretty sure isn't meant to be taken seriously. Having double FSmash hitboxes and spiking Dtilt sparkles is fun and all, but there is no real competitive future really for this other than fooling around, which is okay if that's what you want to do.

If Brawl had more hitstun.
If Zelda was faster.
If even a few of her moves didn't have so much knockback.

Any of those things would help her out as far as followups go, but oh well, gotta work with what we got.
Which I believe is what those hacked mods are for (although I don't know if they'd change those things you've listed specifically, but she is being heavily reworked from what I know). It's not like Project: M is being run by a bunch of random people either, it has a pretty respectable team from what I remember and a growing amount of supporters.

I don't mean to sound like the car-salesman for P:M or something, but I do have high hopes for it to make Zelda succeed as a viable character in a game that mixes the best of both worlds of Melee and Brawl that could be really great competitively.

I hope I don't come off as too bold or obnoxious. I just wanted to give my say.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Even if they become Zelda/Sheik in the next tier list, I'm sure you can still use Zelda in low tiers. It's Zelda after all. Everyone knows how bad she is. I'm sure no one would argue against her in low tiers.
Is it too difficult to have Zelda, Sheik and Zelda/Sheik in the teir list? meh. I guess it makes more sense to make Zelda the exception for low-teirs than it does for all 3 possible combinations to have their own position on the list.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Play Brawl- and you will understand why.

Then again Wario is ******** in that game
It would throw me off way too much. I already having trouble play brawl and learning SSFIV. Playing a different a hacked version of brawl would just confuse me more.

D

Deleted member

Luminoth has a pretty awesome Zelda.

And yeah, she's not that great, but I don't think she's horrendous, either.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Just got 2nd in a doubles tournament again w/ Zelda... ***** is at least mid tier for doubles I swear. Singles though.. bahahahaha...... T_T

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I might put in some imput on what I think of the Zeldur. But right now I'm feeling wayy to lethargic to get into huge details of what i think of this slow moving *****

Basically my thoughts in a nut shell is.....

Zelda is low tier yes, but I really doubt she is bottom 3.

hopefully my imput isnt just like...an echo of whats been previously stated but it probably will be =D

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I did Zelda + Jiggs with Woody, and it didn't work out that well lol.

Best we managed to do (besides not getting last place) was take a game off Keitaro + Eazy. :urg:

MrEh

Smash Hero
Zelda vs Jiggs can't hold stock that well...and they suck. :/

A shame, since I really like Jiggs.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Love that you guys have turned this into a social/random facts thread.
That doesn't exactly help the backroom believe your claims about her being higher, though I doubt anyone is even looking anymore.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I'll have some vids up soon of me playing doubles with a non-peach soon, if that convinces them that doubles is really her thing? It's not just something magical that happens when Peach is around lol.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Love that you guys have turned this into a social/random facts thread.
That doesn't exactly help the backroom believe your claims about her being higher, though I doubt anyone is even looking anymore.
I have extremely hard time believing that anything we can say here would make BBR to make Zelda rise in the tier list, and I don't blame them. Until she starts regularly placing in the top half at major tournaments there's no reason (other than personal opinion) for anyone to think she should rise. In other words, nothing supports the claim she should be higher.

Then again, the current tier list is needlessly complicated to begin with. Trying to evaluate how good each character is compared to every other is impossible. On top of that, the only things that actually matter about the tier list are who's the best, who's the worst and whether character X belongs into high, middle or low tier. Ranking the characters of the same tier or adding any tiers other than the aforementioned three doesn't offer any extra value.

...I feel like actually saying something for once and end up wrinting a slightly off-topic and rant-ish post. Oh well.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
BBR doesn't give two ****s about Zelda, lol.
Even Zelda players don't give two ****s about Zelda.

@Riot: I'd love to see more dubs vids whenever you have them. Now that TUSM's retired.... or semi-retired.... or whatever he's doing, I don't have a static dubs partner anymore. :( Gotta expand my dubs knowledge for all the random people/characters I end up teaming with.

Top Bottom