• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle Cry MAX - MAJOR CHANGES! - One Day Event! - Venue Fee Reduced!

xXGeeXx

Smash Cadet
MK Banned? Pictochat?? RAINBOW CRUISE!?!?

I'll Be thereeeeeeeee *sings*

Edit : Why couldnt Brawl singles & doubles be done in the same day? :L

No_Skillz

Smash Apprentice
make sure to put gee and goggles in the same bracket, no one wants to play an annoying character based entirely on gimmicks......EVER

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Yo son. You dont come back from bein g down 110% to 0 on the last stock based on gimmicks. Unless you're fighting some kind of super scrub.

:phone:

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
No promises, but I might be making this. Chances are looking better than I thought they'd be.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Pretty sure I'm coming to this and bringing people. Gotta confirm with my work tomorrow but I'm really thinking it's a go

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Registered, and I will be coming. If No Skillz doesn't come, who would be interested in teaming with me for doubles? I'll also need housing for Friday and likely Saturday night.

NightroGlycerine

Smash Journeyman
Another venue fee gripe. Are we sure it's not possible to show up to the Melee tourney on Friday, not pay the venue fee, just play the tournament (and not get the catering) and dip after it's done? Pretty sure none of us can afford the venue fee for a 3-day tournament, and we can't possibly afford to stay at the hotel (or anyplace) for those three days.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
The venue fee iz 25 right?

I promise you im the poorest mf in this place, but still dont think thats too much.

What are you guys expecting to pay for a venue fee these days? The cost of stuff is going up. The days of running a 5dollar entry fee, to use some random guys attic where theres no heat and the power outlets blow out 20 minutes in are gone. That ish cant fly anymore. We can do no venue fee tournaments but your going to get no vemue fee quality. And not everyone is completely hunky dory with stuffing 50 ppl in the apt. To the point where it becomes a fire hazardand nobody can move, just so you dont have to put up a 5 or 10dollar a dayvenue fee.

I get that we want to save money, i really do. But in the case, the concern about it just seems unnecessary to me

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Another venue fee gripe. Are we sure it's not possible to show up to the Melee tourney on Friday, not pay the venue fee, just play the tournament (and not get the catering) and dip after it's done? Pretty sure none of us can afford the venue fee for a 3-day tournament, and we can't possibly afford to stay at the hotel (or anyplace) for those three days.
I'm not sure about that. Unfortunately, this seems to be a pretty big issue, and it might be difficult to find a compromise. I'll discuss it with Antoine and put his response in the OP.

Also, thank you to everyone who has registered! I'll ask Antoine where we're at and give you guys an update.

Additionally, anyone who registers on the day of the event as opposed to registering on the site will be charged a $1 Registration Fee. This will be posted in the main topic as well. It goes without saying that if you have ANY plans to go to BattleCry Max, registering on the site should be your top priority.

Thanks again! I'll get those answers to you ASAP.

Sharky

Smash Master
registration page keeps giving me "please correct the highlighted fields". There are no highlighted fields.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
registration page keeps giving me "please correct the highlighted fields". There are no highlighted fields.
I believe it means any area with an asterisk (First Name, Email, Alias, Entries, Comments). Did you already try filling in those areas and/or is it still giving you trouble?

EDIT: Alright, I'll tell Antoine to fix it.

VFXMario

Smash Cadet
NNID
TriMarcs
3DS FC
1289-9056-8269
so If I were to just show up for the brawl events on the two days that they are available (like seriously that's all I'm probably going to do) can you leave the hotel once it's over and come back the next day? kinda wish they were both on the same day but I can deal with it. oh Also if anyone wants a decent Mario partner let me know

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
for everyone thats having trouble registering. for some reason a comment is a required field, in order to progress, so in the comment box you have to type something.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
for everyone thats having trouble registering. for some reason a comment is a required field, in order to progress, so in the comment box you have to type something.
I added a comment last night an it wouldn't submit.

However I figured out the problem.
It turns out, though it is not labeled as one, Last Name is in fact a required field.

Problem solved.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Is there an attendance list anywhere for this tournament yet? Also, if I did go, who would consider teaming with me?

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
so If I were to just show up for the brawl events on the two days that they are available (like seriously that's all I'm probably going to do) can you leave the hotel once it's over and come back the next day? kinda wish they were both on the same day but I can deal with it. oh Also if anyone wants a decent Mario partner let me know
Yes, your venue fee covers all three days and/or any combination of the three days.

how many entrants is it looking like for brawl singles?
Working on it. I don't have a list I can personally access, but I hope to have a number and perhaps a list of tags soon.

For those who had trouble registering, please try entering your last name as Dahrem suggests. That should be all you need.

Sharky

Smash Master
just fill in every box and you should be ok. Still, if that could be fixed, you could probably avoid random people being deterred from entering because they don't know where to ask for help or don't feel like putting in the effort to.

edit: also, I just picked up another $120 a month in bills. I definitely can't afford a $25 entry fee now for an event I don't have time to practice for since I'm too busy with navy ****. =/

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
As of one hour ago, We have 12 people registered for Brawl, and 12 registered for Melee. Apologies on behalf of Antoine for the registration issues. I believe this is partially why the numbers are so small. As Sharky stated, just fill in every area.

Also from Antoine: The tournament MIGHT be reduced by one day due to limited interest in the other planned events (Persona4Arena, SkullGirls, etc.) If you have any interest in these events, please include them in the "Game Entries" list when you register. If you forgot to do so, or if you registered before the "Game Entries" section was added, let me know what tag you registered under + what games you're interested in and I'll notify Antoine.

In order for the Wii U and Prize Pot bonuses to be realized, we need at least 30 Brawl Singles entrants BEFORE the day of the tourney. Hopefully, no one else will run into any more issues, so please keep registering!!!

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
As of one hour ago, We have 12 people registered for Brawl, and 12 registered for Melee. Apologies on behalf of Antoine for the registration issues. I believe this is partially why the numbers are so small. As Sharky stated, just fill in every area.

Also from Antoine: The tournament MIGHT be reduced by one day due to limited interest in the other planned events (Persona4Arena, SkullGirls, etc.) If you have any interest in these events, please include them in the "Game Entries" list when you register. If you forgot to do so, or if you registered before the "Game Entries" section was added, let me know what tag you registered under + what games you're interested in and I'll notify Antoine.

In order for the Wii U and Prize Pot bonuses to be realized, we need at least 30 Brawl Singles entrants BEFORE the day of the tourney. Hopefully, no one else will run into any more issues, so please keep registering!!!
Will there still be hotel/food/whatever if it's 1day? Will venue fee be different?

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Will there still be hotel/food/whatever if it's 1day? Will venue fee be different?
It would be reduced "by" one day, not "to" one day (So, two days instead of three). Venue would likely remain unchanged, but unless we officially reduce the event to two days we won't know for sure.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Personally id prefer a sat. Sun. Tourney.

I kinda need that wii u. Yall need to register. Realtalk.

Also james. Youre currently the best confirmed atendee with out a partner. I was trying to team with xzax. But i dont know whats hes doing

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Whatever it is I would like to know soon because it changes my plans in a pretty big way. When can you be sure about how long the event is?

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Or how about this idea: Keep the duration whatever it currently is and run all smash tournies in 1day.

Just throwing that out there seems like it covers everyone's bases
Seems reasonable. It'll all be based on the turnout of the other events, but I'll see how Antoine feels about it.

Smash will be run Fri/Sat only due to TO availability. It might be possible to rearrange everything, but again, it'll be based on the turnout.

Top Bottom