• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle Cry MAX - MAJOR CHANGES! - One Day Event! - Venue Fee Reduced!

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
For who ever is housing with me:

On Friday, I have things to do at school from the morning till early evening and thus I will not be available to do anything (even GO to the venue) until that time (I'm thinking around 8pm). This also means I will not be able to provide transportation for ANYBODY trying to get to my place (or the venue in general) that day. I may be able to assist on Saturday if I choose to attend.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I am willing to pay 8 dollars a day for a venue for a 3 tournament. But if you are going to cut down the amount of time of the tournament and the amount of time that we need the venue for, then the amount that Im paying for said venue better go right on down with it. Because with the size projection of this event, im not willing to pay 12.50/day for a two day shindig.

:phone:

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
read my post on the facebook page...many questions that need answering and also it explains lack of attendance for this >.>

Zhea

Smash Ace
Hey anyone heading to this going back through Oneida on their way back? I could really use a ride back and I am willing to split gas.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Luxord, i didnt see any post like that on the Facebook page.

Also, thisis the day before the tournament and still dont know how long its going to be. You got people possibly driving up here from jersey and they dont know if they need to be up here for 2 days or 3 or how much housing they need. This is crucial info that should be concrete by the time the day before the event rolls around.. i shouldn't have to say that thats not a good look.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I saw Luxord's posts, and while he was overaggressive, I would have to agree with his sentiment.

As for my attendance, I'm a bit uncertain about attending now. On second thought, I really don't want to pay the $25 venue on top of the train costs and commit my entire weekend to it, for a tournament that won't really be any larger than what is typical. And I'm lacking confidence in the tournament's management, for things pointed out by Goggles and Luxord.

VFXMario

Smash Cadet
NNID
TriMarcs
3DS FC
1289-9056-8269
Sadly I'm having second thoughts as well. if anything changes tonight then I will still go but it just doesn't feel worth it right now. The money needed altogether is a bit high for a mere few matches of brawl right now. also the fact that plans could change any second is rather unsettling. Maybe it's just me, I love seeing some local smashers again but I usually never question going to a cuse tourney if I can go but this one leaves me cautious for the event. odd feeling really

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Yeah im not shelling out 25 if im not going to get my money's worth. With all of this we could have just had another dustbowl or something man

Whats the gameplan for tomorrow?

VFXMario

Smash Cadet
NNID
TriMarcs
3DS FC
1289-9056-8269
next dustbowl would be mad hype, I'd register the moment I hear about it. as far as tomorrow goes, maybe there's a slight chance I'll go but it feels like all of the reasons why I would go (seeing the guys from the fests way back, reppin dat mario, havin fun,random trash talk). like limit pretty much said, it could be done anywhere else (like dustbowl) at a more convenient set up. just throwing my two cents though I really appreciate trying to keep cuse alive.

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Don't give up hope just yet. I emailed the head TO, and he says he is trying to do something about the venue fee, and possibly changing the time frame.
He says he'll get back to us ASAP.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
I just realized that im not even on the registered list for brawl even though i registered like 5 weeks ago. Oh well ite free ill just do it again

VFXMario

Smash Cadet
NNID
TriMarcs
3DS FC
1289-9056-8269
Don't give up hope just yet. I emailed the head TO, and he says he is trying to do something about the venue fee, and possibly changing the time frame.
He says he'll get back to us ASAP.

good start man, fingers crossed.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Sorry guys. I'll try to make it to another tournament sometime. Was actually thinking about the puff v ganon matchup pretty intensely before I decided to bail.

Not saying I ditched because I'm scared of goggles or anything just sayin

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Well I'm confirming now that I won't be attending. The uncertainty with if it's actually happening on top of other things, leads me to not want to spend the money and time it would take to come. Would hate ending my streak of attending every upstate Brawl tournament, but this is too much of a risk for what doesn't seem to be much. I'll see you all at the next Dustbowl (or any other upstate tournament before then).

Would really like to see another tournament series for upstate though, so if there are more iterations of Battle Cry, hopefully its pretournament management is much better next time.

H0LEintheW0RLD

Smash Rookie
Leet0 or Antoine, we could really use updates on price change or time change. People need to know there's an option to show up for one day and pay less than $25, i.e. pay by the day, if there is such an option. Like Goggles said, $25 for 2 days or even worse 1 day is significantly more expensive for people. Even if you're trying to negotiate that stuff right now, or even if you're Not, we need to know that.

If you told people they could just come out tomorrow and do singles at a fair price, you might get a lot more people showing up for it, like Tyrant and RIT.

I should still deff be there Saturday for singles (as I always planned), but doubles is looking less likely for me at this point since I realized I got stuff to do late afternoon today.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Sorry for holdup, I was waiting for a response from Antoine. The event is definitely today. Signups will be pushed to 2PM to adjust for attendence, and the tournament will start at 3PM.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Seeing how things go today, I may show up tomorrow for fun. Look forward to seeing everyone should I go. Bye

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Cura and I are coming soon but i dont know if were entering doubles

VFXMario

Smash Cadet
NNID
TriMarcs
3DS FC
1289-9056-8269
well, I'll be headin out of my house at 5:30 since I'm pretty close by. If I can't find a partner for dubz I might as well just see some familiar faces and see the dubz play out. though part of that leaves me wondering if I have to dish out the 25$ immediately

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
Just got a call from 13370. They lost the lease to the Sheraton for Sat and Sun, so the tournament starts at 6, and goes as late as they need. One day, that's it.

13370 will post with further info ASAP.

VFXMario

Smash Cadet
NNID
TriMarcs
3DS FC
1289-9056-8269
Just got a call from 13370. They lost the lease to the Sheraton for Sat and Sun, so the tournament starts at 6, and goes as late as they need. One day, that's it.

13370 will post with further info ASAP.

seriously, this pretty much changes everything. not sure whether to wait or get to the hotel soon.

VFXMario

Smash Cadet
NNID
TriMarcs
3DS FC
1289-9056-8269
From what I'm guessing yes but how it will be done is what I'm worried about.

Top Bottom