• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle Cry MAX - MAJOR CHANGES! - One Day Event! - Venue Fee Reduced!

Nairo

Banned via Administration
ima try to go damnit that doubles is on friday and singles saturday il see il probably only go for singles singles is all on saturday right? also how does 1 reg? do i need to pay online to reg?

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
Goggles, I'm not quite confirmed yet. I have work on both Saturday and Sunday, which interferes with the tournament. I can have somebody work in place of me, but it is kind of looked down upon where I work, especially if done in excess. Giving away one shift would be much easier than giving away two or three, which is why I was hoping this tournament could be a one day deal.

Not sure what I want to do as far as teams go. I would consider giving true blue a second go. I felt that we did pretty well, and I'm sure I wouldn't blow a set by throwing an aura sphere in your face again if we did end up teaming, lol. I'm sure you'd look at me as a pretty reliable partner if you can get over that one fluke of a blunder. I also tank very well. It also depends on whether or not doubles and singles take place on the same day.

But I have to ask, Nairo, did you have a teamate in mind for this tournament? I'm guessing Nakat?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
U talk so much junk y?

Also nairo, you should probably read the op of any thread you decide to post in. That would probably make it soyou dont have to ask so many goofy questions.

:phone:

Nairo

Banned via Administration
nah i dont have a teammate im most likely only going to go saturday for singles unless doubles is moved to saturday as well then i will probably do teams but first things first I NEED A DAMN RIDE!

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
The chances of me going are getting slimmer and slimmer. I hope I can make some last minute changes to at least participate in singles. Otherwise, things aren't looking good guys.

:(

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
I can house people but idk how many are staying so far... Which may translate into you fighting for a spot on the couches

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
mk banned. ima def come here and win this Wii-U

see u in GF Nakat

Edit: so this needs 30 people in atendance for the Wii-U to come into effect?

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
1337 can you post an attendance list?

Anyone - If you're trying to house with me you need to PM me.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
gonna go friday n saturday gonna try to stay in cuse a day before thru the weekend wanna get practice in hard .

315 806 3429

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
I'm not running BattleCryMax itself, so I can't physically access the registration list. I've told Antoine to notify me when we've reached 30 entrants, and I'll have an list of players up once he has replied.

H0LEintheW0RLD

Smash Rookie
Will definitely be at this, and in a pinch I MIGHT be able to house people but I have to clear it with housemates, so I'm less reliable than others in that sense. How's the situation in terms of setups? I can bring a Wii and Melee/ Brawl

-STACK

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
I believe we're all good on setups, but thanks for offering, Stack! If we need people to bring them, I'll post it in the title.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
basic ideas:

1. Post the dates in the actual title of the entire thread. If people knew this was only 4 days away, they would be joining. (as in use go advanced and change the Atlantic North etc. to the date followed by "Register now") Smashers have a tendency of joining really late so this would be by far the most helpful. Facebook isn't that useful in this regard.

2. Allow MK, I mean really. It is 2012. The only person who still hates MK is Xyro :troll:
and fgc players

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
i don't understand why mk is banned at this but i'm going anyway since it's within walking distance.

i could probably hold one or two people for the weekend but we would literally be getting zero brawl practice because i don't have a wii in my dorm room here, and i also only have one bed, but i would of course give it up.

i don't know how reliable or appealing that sounds to anyone haha

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
MK being banned was not my decision. It was a specific request made by our head TO. I apologize to those whose attendance is compromised by MK being banned. I understand some of you may find it unfair, but it would be just as unfair to alter major rules four days prior to the actual day of the tournament after many people have happily registered with the rule in effect.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Leet- You're a long time community member dude, and your dad haha. I'm glad to see you stepping up and trying to make stuff happen, it means a lot.

I fully support the idea of trying to unite NY as much as possible in Syracuse. Cuse tournies are always awesome.

I hate to say this though, but most of Rochester for Melee will not be able to attend. A combination of many variables really, but I wish it would have worked out better for us.

I hope in the future you/we can really pull something amazing off in the Syracuse area, and I believe no matter what happens at this event/how many entrants, a lot or a little, this is an amazing first step in this direction and the info you get from running this tourney will go a long way towards potentially making Cuse somewhat of a "Smash Hotspot."

But good luck with everything, every game and every event.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Really appreciate it, man :D

We'll definitely keep working hard to keep Smash alive in Syracuse. It's unfortunate that the timing doesn't accomodate Rochester. Our schedule was put together rather haphazardly for a multi-day tournament. In the future, we'll have these things under control so we don't prevent such a strong NY Smash influence from being able to participate.

Pmac

Smash Cadet
I know this isn't a popular sentiment, but the venue fee is a bit too steep to justify playing Melee. Good luck with the tournament and I hope it goes well.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Not official yet, but with the weather as it is, the event may be pushed to Sat/Sun. If this happens, both Brawl Doubles and Singles will be run on Sat. Only.

Also, from what I hear from Antoine, we have enough unregistered players asking "have we hit 30 yet?" to hit 30 if they'd all just register. Remember, we have to hit 30 BEFORE Friday to have the additional prizes added to the pot.

Top Bottom