• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle Cry MAX - MAJOR CHANGES! - One Day Event! - Venue Fee Reduced!

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
A new tournament is coming to Syracuse...

UPDATE:
A couple other companies put down more money than we could to reserve the hotel this weekend. Therefore, BattleCry:MAX will be FRIDAY ONLY! Here's what has changed:

*Venue Fee has been reduced to $15, $10 for Staff.
*Tournament starts @ 6:00PM. We have the space until we're done, so we won't get kicked out.
*No additional prizes will be added due to small turnout.

Everything else will be run as anticipated. We definitely plan to run Brawl & Melee Doubles and Singles, other tournaments will run if we get at least 10 people signed up.

Date: Jan. 25th - Jan. 27th (2013)
Time: TBA
Venue: $25

Register Here - http://battlecrymaaaax.weebly.com/index.html
Like Here - http://www.facebook.com/BattlecryMaaaax
This is a Twitter - https://twitter.com/BattleCRY_MAX
If you have any in-depth questions, or you'd like to help out, you may contact TO Antoine @ either of the following addresses:
antoinelbaker@gmail.com
battleclimax@gmail.com

Register Now!!!
The more people we have register, the more power we have over venue benefits, fees, and organization. If you're interested in the event, help us out by registering ASAP :D

And of course:
Registration's FREE
Antoine has an update for everyone:
Anyone who did NOT register on the site BEFORE the 24th will be charged a $1 signup fee at the door (proceeds go to the Funsize who offered to bring setups).

There will be a concession stand. (Signups weren't strong in the beginning, so in lieu of catering we get concessions all day).

Last call for anyone who would like to be a TO or help at the event. You will get a REDUCED venue fee ($15 instead of the standard $25). Give me a shoutout on Facebook, or my email; battleclimax@gmail.com

Non competing guests pay a $5 venue fee.
Additionally, we need setups. To everyone who previously offered to bring setups, please bring them. If anyone else could bring setups, it would be most appreciated.

Also, if anyone is able to stream the event, please contact Antoine and ask him about it. Streamers are treated as staff and will get a reduced venue fee.

PRIZES AND REGISTRATION UPDATE:
If we can get at least 30 people registered for Brawl, our head TO Antoine will add these prizes to the pot:

-$100 Pot Bonus
-A Wii U for the winner of Brawl Singles

On top of this, we will have trophies for tournament winners! So please, register and push us to 30 entrants!

TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE
All times are estimated and subject to change.

Friday, January 25, 2013

1:00PM
-Sign-ups / Casual play

2:00PM Tournament Begins
-Dead or Alive 5
-Super Smash Bros. Melee: Singles

4:00PM
-Skull Girls
-King of Fighters XIII

6:00PM
-Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Doubles
-Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown

Saturday, January 26, 2013

12:00PM:
-Super Smash Bros. Melee: Doubles
-BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend

3:00PM:
-Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Singles
-Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition

6:00PM:
-Street Fighter x Tekken
-Mortal Kombat 9

Sunday, January 27, 2013

12:00PM:
-Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +
-Tekken Tag Tournament 2
-Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

6:00PM: TOURNAMENT ENDS!!!

Don't see a game you like? Sign up for it when you register! If we get at least 10 entrants, we'll add it to the schedule.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Rulesets

Singles

Start Time: TBD
Entry fee is $10
Double Elimination
3 Stock
8 Minutes
All matches will be best of 3, with Semis and Finals being best of 5
Items set to OFF and NONE
MK is banned

Stagelist
All stages are tentative.

Starters
-Battlefield
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks
-Lylat Cruise
-Halberd
-Frigate Orpheon
-Delfino Plaza
-Castle Siege
-Pictochat
-Pokemon Stadium 2
-Brinstar
-Rainbow Cruise

Doubles

Start Time: TBD
Entry fee is $5 per teammate
Double Elimination
3 Stock
8 Minutes
Team Attack set to ON
All matches will be best of 3, with Semis and Finals being best of 5
MK is banned

Stagelist is identical to Singles

Registered for Brawl:

Tux
Rizzbot
Bojiggles
Beta
a nub
The Mana Lord
No Skillz
NY Gee
pr0phetic
Dahrem
TSST | K.I.D.Goggles
VFXMario
Omega Tyrant
Cura
NAKAT
Mr. Tinyman 11
STACK
pikapika!
Vibe
Bouse

Super Smash Bros. Melee Rulesets

Singles

Entry Fee $10
Start Time: 1/25/2013 2PM
Brackets are Double Elimination
4 Stock
7 Min Time Limit
Best of 3
WF/LF/GF are Best 3 out of 5

Each player may ban one stage after winning his/her first match
No stage can be played twice in one set unless the counter-picker did not win on this stage previously in that set.

1st match – Any characters can be chosen, if any discrepancies arouse, double-blind character selection will be used. Opponents strike stages in a 1-2-1 fashion until a first stage is chosen from the Starter stages
2nd match – Winner of the first match “bans” a stage from the set. Loser chooses stage, winner changes character, loser changes character
3rd match -Same Rules as second match

Stagelist

Starters:
-Final Destination
-Fountain of Dreams
-Battlefield
-Yoshi’s Story (Yoshi’s Island)
-Kirby’s Dreamland 64

Slob/Counter Pick stages:
-Pokémon Stadium

Doubles

Entry fee: $5 per teammate ($10 per team)
Start Time: 1/25/2013 - 7PM (if majority of singles isn't over, 8PM)
Double Elimination
4 Stock
7 Min Time Limit
TEAM ATTACK IS ON
Items set to NONE
Best of 3
WF/LF/GF Best of 5
Same rules in characters and levels apply to teams

Registered for Melee:

Rizzbot
Beta
a nub
Zhea
dudutsai
The Moon
RTF
The Mana Lord
Cura
pikapika!

Thanks guys! We'll keep you posted.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Why no posts on this? This looks crazy hype. I'd love to make it.

Also, PICTOCHAT! :D

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Are you serious? 3 day tournament? for realsy? its serious like that? Like... 3 day tournaments are supposed to be nationals.

If its really that serious, I will open up the floodgates of all my marketing prowess on this event. I can have people from Toronto, Philly, Pittsburg, Ohio, and Boston at this. But i need to know what kind of money will be required. what kind of hotel deal will we be getting. Entry fees, all dat. I can probably get multiple streams for the event as well.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Whoaaa wtf this is great! Im actually excited for this.

Lets find out more asap, we need to get on this soon.

The sheraton is absurdly close to me (i live on SU campus) so i could house/help a **** ton of people

:phone:

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
Are you serious? 3 day tournament? for realsy? its serious like that? Like... 3 day tournaments are supposed to be nationals.

If its really that serious, I will open up the floodgates of all my marketing prowess on this event. I can have people from Toronto, Philly, Pittsburg, Ohio, and Boston at this. But i need to know what kind of money will be required. what kind of hotel deal will we be getting. Entry fees, all dat. I can probably get multiple streams for the event as well.
Yes, more details plzms!

Scooty Puff Jr.

Smash Rookie
:cry: The finest salt is in ones tears :cry:

Anyways, hello to all who have been interested in the BattleCRY: MAAAAX!!! championship series. My name is Antoine and I am the creator of this event. On January 25-27, we will be hosting a 3 day tournament here in Syracuse, NY at the Sheraton Hotel. Right now, player registrations are OPEN on the website http://battlecrymaaaax.weebly.com/registration.html. The event will begin on the Friday January, 25 at 2PM and no later. If you haven't registered on the website (shame on you if you waited too long) signups will start at the door at 1PM. The event is also catered so there will be meals passed out at 6PM and 9PM accordingly. The game to kick off the event is Super Smash Bros. Melee. On the main page of the website the games that are confirmed are listed. We are reaching out to other games in the fighting game community to garnish interest. The entry fee for Melee and Brawl is $10. When you register yourself on the site, in the comments section of the player registration form, include your gamer alias (the name you wish to go by in the tournament), and the games you wish to enter. This will make signups at the event that much easier.

Venue fee is $20.
You can visit the website http://battlecrymaaaax.weebly.com/index.html to keep track of what's going on.
You can also "like" us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/BattlecryMaaaax
We also have a Twitter account https://twitter.com/BattleCRY_MAX

Super Smash Bros. Melee will begin at 2PM because many people have expressed interest and the crowd is established.

Now I know some of you are like "He said the event is catered", I did indeed. Here are the meal schedules for the 3 days:

Friday 1/25: Lunch-6PM, Dinner-9PM
Saturday 1/26: Breakfast-NOON, Lunch-6PM, Dinner-9PM
Sunday 1/27: Lunch-2PM

Here are the tournament times:

Friday 1/25: Start time- 2PM, End time- 11PM
Saturday 1/26: Start time- NOON, End time- 11PM
Sunday 1/27: Start time- NOON, End time- 6PM

Smash Bros. Melee has a CONFIRMED start time of 2PM on 1/25/13. If you have more questions please feel free to create an account here in the forums, or follow us on Twitter and Facebook and ask all the questions you need to. I'm sure you have a lot of them.

Take care,
Antoine

Read more: http://battlecrymaaaax.freeforums.n...isplay&board=tounament&thread=1#ixzz2DSp9rutq

Scooty Puff Jr.

Smash Rookie
Super Smash Bros. Melee Singles Rulesets

Entry Fee $10
Start Time: 1/25/2013 2PM
4 Stock
Best 2 out of 3
7 Min Time Limit
ALL ITEMS ARE OFF
WF/LF/GF are Best 3 out of 5
Brackets are Double Elimination[/b]

Each player may ban one of the random or slob stages before the set begins
No stage can be played twice in one set unless the counter-picker did not win on this stage previously in that set.

1st match – Any characters can be chosen, if any discrepancies arouse, double-blind character selection will be used. Opponents strike stages in the normal fashion until a first stage is chosen of the 5 random stages. 1/2/1
2nd match – Winner of the first match “bans” a stage from the set. Loser chooses stage, winner changes character, loser changes character
3rd match -Same Rules as second match

Stages

Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Yoshi’s Story (Yoshi’s Island)
Kirby’s Dreamland 64

Slob/Counter Pick stages

Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Battle Field
Kirby’s Dreamland 64
Yoshi’s Story (Yoshi’s Island)
Pokémon Stadium

These stages can be selected randomly and used as counter picks. Both players can also agree on one of these stages to play.

Banned Stages

Icicle Mountain
Great Bay
Flat Zone
Hyrule
Mushroom Kingdom I
Brinstar Depths
Fourside
Big Blue
Yoshi’s Island (Pipes)
Onett
Yoshi 64
Kongo Jungle
Venom
Peach’s Castle
Corneria
Mute City
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Mushroom Kingdom II
Mute City
Pokefloats
Kongo Jungle 64
Brinstar
Jungle Japes

Obvious banned stages are banned stages.

Super Smash Bros. Melee Doubles Ruleset

Entry fee: $5 per teammate ($10 per team)
Start Time: 1/25/2013 - 7PM (if majority of singles isn't over, 8PM)
4 Stock
Best 2 out of 3
WF/LF/GF Best 3 out of 5
7 Min Time Limit
ALL ITEMS ARE OFF
Same rules in characters and levels apply to teams
Mute City and Fountain of Dreams are off due to lag and can’t be picked even if both teams agree to it.
TEAM ATTACK IS ON

Make sure you are prompt for your matches. You get 5 minutes to get to your match when called. After the 5 minute threshold you take a match loss (assumed to have lost best of three). Make sure you are vigilant in your matches. Pay attention when your matches are called. If there are ANY discrepancies in the rules let me know.

Read more: http://battlecrymaaaax.freeforums.n...board=tounament&thread=1&page=1#ixzz2DVdqVOYC

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I wish I could go but it's too hard to get to syracuse from toronto by megabus

T_T

maybe i'll show up to one in the future when i can afford greyhound!

DLeet

Smash Rookie
Did we ever find out what deals we will be getting on hotels? I have to figure out how much money I have to save for this if I am going to attend for ANY amount of time.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
so how many people are confirmed for brawl? will this even be worth it?
At the moment, only 10-20 people who have registered are confirmed for Brawl. We haven't been able to get the word out as much as we'd hoped, but we will be increasing our efforts up until the day of the tournament. For those who are reluctant to register, the venue is secured and the dates are set in stone. All we really need is participants to register so we can work out a schedule and secure affordable (or hopefully, free) catering.

If anyone has any other questions, please post them in this thread or PM me. I'm in contact with our head TO, so I can give you up-to-date information about anything Battle Cry Max-related.

Thanks!

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
The date of the tournament, January 25th-27th, has been in the title since the original post. Do you mean something else?

Top Bottom