• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battle Arena Melbourne 7 - May 22-24 2015 - Rego Closes May 17th, no exceptions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basty

Smash Ace
We have 5 pretty good players coming up (Swebe,Zedd,Crash,Sheepgobeep and MrMiacro)
Idk who else is going tho.
(maybe next time i can make it)

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
If NSW/ACT bring all their top players then there won't be any Victorians (let alone Tasmanians) in the top 8 for singles. These crew battles will be a blood bath. @ DD_ DD_ I suppose we could do sidebets on how many stocks NSW/ACT will have remaining at the end.

DD_

Smash Journeyman
If NSW/ACT bring all their top players then there won't be any Victorians (let alone Tasmanians) in the top 8 for singles. These crew battles will be a blood bath. @ DD_ DD_ I suppose we could do sidebets on how many stocks NSW/ACT will have remaining at the end.
Look mate i'm not here to smack talk or boast or anything like that, I just wanna enjoy the crew battle with some cashola behind it. If it gets organized and you're down i'll happily take you up on a side bet.

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
Seriously though, NSW/ACT and TAS, how many people?

I'd like to schedule this.
TAS have about ten coming up, we can have a great team of 4/5 for our crew. We'd be happy to money match $10 per person, or just battle for honour ;p

Lets make this happen. A little friendly competition is always good fun.

Last edited:

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I money match TAS's best smash 4 player lets go

unless they play sheik then I forfeit

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
@ Sir_Zedd Sir_Zedd The problem with crews is scheduling, you can't just get everything to happen willy nilly.

Perhaps if you are around the friday night, we can go to the venue (which I think will be available late that night, at least it's being worked on) we can have TAS vs. VIC crews on a smash4 setup?

@ luke_atyeo luke_atyeo I think it's a bit in the gray area but Zedd or Swebe are best in TAS.
Money match swebe = Fox dittos
yes yes yes yes

Last edited:

dreadtech

Smash Journeyman
just letting everyone know myself and luke have been talking. nsw/act vs vic is highest on the list for smash 4 crews.

Nsw/act have fielded a team, VIC will naturally accept and field a team soon

Taking any amount of money on VIC winning smash 4 crews

Last edited:

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
@ Sir_Zedd Sir_Zedd The problem with crews is scheduling, you can't just get everything to happen willy nilly.

Perhaps if you are around the friday night, we can go to the venue (which I think will be available late that night, at least it's being worked on) we can have TAS vs. VIC crews on a smash4 setup?

@ luke_atyeo luke_atyeo I think it's a bit in the gray area but Zedd or Swebe are best in TAS.
Money match swebe = Fox dittos
yes yes yes yes
Reality check was most likely needed, but I just assumed we could slot in where the other crew battles were happening, ill have to do some asking around and get back to this.

Swebe is the best in state down here, with me as his rival. Thanks to the patch things may change though, its pretty close.

Basty

Smash Ace
Reality check was most likely needed, but I just assumed we could slot in where the other crew battles were happening, ill have to do some asking around and get back to this.

Swebe is the best in state down here, with me as his rival. Thanks to the patch things may change though, its pretty close.
Idk man I 2-0'd Swebe one time doesn't that make me the best?
On a serious note, Swebe is easily the best in tassie thats the only reason i train with him

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
For anyone who still hasn't booked flights, there are some cheap deals on from Tiger that you can get Jetstar to beat the price on: https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/192204

MEL-SYD $39
SYD-MEL $39 and more!

Also keep in mind that pre-registration for Smash events at BAM7 is MANDATORY. If you show up on Saturday unregistered you will not be able to compete.

Athorell

Smash Rookie
Pretty hype to meet other players and such at BAM. I do all the event organisation/TOing for Tas so it'll be sick to have some games and meet everyone.

UltraRetroReviver

Smash Rookie
Ah, man. I would seriously love to go compete in this tourney. I don't live far from the CBD, it's only about a 1 hour train ride away. The only problem I have however is that I am really busy with school and homework will probably be bringing me down. And considering the tourney begins on Friday, there's the huge possibility that I won't make it either unless I just watch that is.
Plus I'm broke right now since I spent my money on Hyrule Warriors...
Tsk. Ah well. Maybe if there's a tourney on during the June holidays...and if I have the funds by then I'll enter.. I just have one question to ask about Melee doubles.

If and friend and I were to both enroll into Melee doubles, do we pair with eachother during the tourney, or our partners chosen for us? I've never watched a tourney from start to end since every time they start, I'm usually at school, so I'm not really sure how the doubles stuff works. I have watched a fair share of just random tourney matches on YouTube though.

JediLink

Smash Ace
Ah, man. I would seriously love to go compete in this tourney. I don't live far from the CBD, it's only about a 1 hour train ride away. The only problem I have however is that I am really busy with school and homework will probably be bringing me down. And considering the tourney begins on Friday, there's the huge possibility that I won't make it either unless I just watch that is.
Tsk. Ah well. Maybe if there's a tourney on during the June holidays...and if I have the funds by then I'll enter..
Dude, there are tournaments all the time, but not like BAM. It's probably going to be the biggest Smash tournament in Australian history and might stay like that for a while.

If and friend and I were to both enroll into Melee doubles, do we pair with eachother during the tourney, or our partners chosen for us? I've never watched a tourney from start to end since every time they start, I'm usually at school, so I'm not really sure how the doubles stuff works. I have watched a fair share of just random tourney matches on YouTube though.
You have to say who you're teaming with when you register. If you don't you'll be allocated a random on the day.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Tsk. Ah well. Maybe if there's a tourney on during the June holidays...and if I have the funds by then I'll enter.. I just have one question to ask about Melee doubles.

The actual BAM tournament doesn't start until Saturday Morning so you're fine if you can't make the Friday, and also yes you pick your doubles partner.

Edit: ninja'd

Last edited:

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
Sounds like Tassie will have some serious rep, looking forward to meeting you guys!
There's about ten of us coming at the moment, we're all keen to have a good time and learn a thing or two. I'm excited to see how good/bad we are compared to the mainlanders.

Jamwa

Smash Champion
can we start doing something about 20xx setups? id rather actual PAL copies to play on because i hate it when marth swings his sword and it matches his colour

a e s t h e t i c s are important

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom