• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

strawhats

Smash Master
LeBron's perfected the troll face. You can see him make one at the end of the video.

But yeah overall that was an awesome video. A lot of subtle references are made with the costumes. Like Bosh's for example was the same costume he wore in a video where he was campaigning for getting into the All Star game or something like that. And Wade's has something to do with Kanye West I've heard.

Oh and this is perfect...
which one was Wade?

Jane

Smash Hero
my two contending teams lost to last years finalists today.

given how competitive both games were... i'm happy.

Landry

Smash Ace
So I went to the Celts-Heat game last night. All I can say is wow. The energy level was off the charts in that arena. The Heat are scary good. I seriously think they have a shot at closing out the regular season without another loss.

127crazie

Smash Journeyman
John Wall and the Wiz are actually looking respectable. Living in D.C. until May, I may have to go to a game soon.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
lol yeah....

The look on his face said it all, he didn't really had to say a word after the game was over.
This just goes to prove that the bulls don't need D-rose or noah to beat the heat.

:pow:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Give me a break. We saw what happened last year when they didn't have a superstar in the playoffs. They had a better season last year as well. Heat developed some bad habits, especially against bad teams. When the playoffs come around, they will be super saiyan srs, and the Bulls will probably lose in 5.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
That 27 game winning streak is amazing. Aside from the Rockets winning 22 games straight in 2008, nothing like this has really been done or even replicated all that close at all. I wonder how many games the 1995-1996 Chicago Bulls won in a row when they went 72-10 that season. I'm not trying to start a debate between the 90's Bulls and this Heat team, but I do want to point out the magnitude of the steak when the target has been on their backs night in and out from every team in the league. The target wasn't just there for the streak, but also because they are the defending champions and are looking strong for another one this year.

The Heat will be dangerous come playoff time, and this streak shows that they are in a grove at the right time near the end of the season. Miami has won games, come back from huge deficits (Boston/Cleveland), and were clutch when needed late in games. These are the ingredients for a championship.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Falling behind to ****ty teams is not an ingredient to being a championship team. You blow them out in the first half, finish up in the third, and chill in the fourth. I think they'll be fine getting rid of those habits when the post season starts, but if there is any concern aside from Wade's knee, that would be it.

As a Laker fan, I didn't want the 33 game streak to end, but it was still cool to see them win 27, just like it was cool to see Houston roll off 22 (and with a lesser talented roster too).

The 72 wins Bulls never got near what the Heat did, but at the same time, they didn't have to worry about most of the teams in their conference being pathetic, and I think going for 72 wins is much harder than getting 33. Mainly because no one has gotten close to the 72 mark where as we've seen glimmer of hopes with the 33 win streak.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Give me a break. We saw what happened last year when they didn't have a superstar in the playoffs. They had a better season last year as well. Heat developed some bad habits, especially against bad teams. When the playoffs come around, they will be super saiyan srs, and the Bulls will probably lose in 5.
Sounds like you're already predicting a bulls/heat eastern finals match-up, if you ask me.
That was last year, nobody even thinking about that. LOL

The bulls was short-handed of legit/superstar players and still won.
Nobody plays the heat tougher then the bulls. (and celtics)
Most of the other teams is soft against miami imo.

Bulls in six.....Rose & Noah will be playing by then.

"The 72 wins Bulls never got near what the Heat did"

^ Are you trying to compare the 95-96 bulls against today's heat?! *SMH*
People that doesn't or never lived in chicago wouldn't dare say anything like that.

Bulls >> Heat

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Sounds like you're already predicting a bulls/heat eastern finals match-up, if you ask me.

^ Are you trying to compare the 95-96 bulls against today's heat?! *SMH*
People that doesn't or never lived in chicago wouldn't dare say anything like that.

Bulls >> Heat

Bored was not implying the Heat were better than the Bulls with that statement. I think he meant that the Bulls streak that season didn't get near as high, and this was because the Bulls played much better, quality teams back in the 1990's. The West is stacked, and has been for the last countless years in the NBA, but in the 1990's the East was the dominant Conference.

Bored also stated that the 72 wins was a much tougher accomplishment than the 27 game winning streak because nobody has been close to that mark. I think the 2000 Lakers got 67 wins, but that was as close as possible to the Bulls 72 wins. I'll have to double check this, but I think this is right.

Linguini

Smash Master
this ***** coolwhip blinded by exreme ****riding lmao

I doubt the bulls could top the heat even with a fully healthy drose. Saying no one is thinking about last season is just you.....lol I remember the bulls getting bodied in the 2011 ECF. drose for least-valuable mvp imo

Suspect

Smash Hero
Even if the bulls were completely healthy, they wouldnt win no more than 2 games against this heat team. Dont be surprised if the Heat go for a 3 peat.

Jane

Smash Hero
what do you guys think of the idea of playoffs seeding being treated like one big conference, so that east and west teams could play each other throughout?

personally, i think it's a necessary change. miami has the odds unjustly in their favor due to a weak eastern conference. not their fault of course, but still detrimental in terms of fairness.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Won't happen due to airline costs/travel :troll:

Though I have always been an advocate for a top 16 team rather than a conference thing.

Also, only 5g for putting team on your back? Lame.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Yeah, I would like the top 16 team aspect as well. I don't think it would make much of a difference because the top teams would likely still be the top teams going deep in the playoffs, but I'd be for it. I'd rather see a strong 9th seeded Western Conference team in the playoffs than a garbage 7th and 8th seed in the East.

One thing I've always hated is divisions. Maybe not so much in the NBA because the division winners have one of the top records, but in MLB and the NFL I think it's bull that a team that wins their division automatically gets a playoff spot even though their record isn't in the top 4 or 6 for the conference sometimes.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
saw that on tv, i stil cringe thinking about it

even with all that he still had the energy to call his teammates over and tell them to win the game

gotta feel for louisville

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
this ***** coolwhip blinded by exreme d!ckriding lmao

I doubt the bulls could top the heat even with a fully healthy drose. Saying no one is thinking about last season is just you.....lol I remember the bulls getting bodied in the 2011 ECF. drose for least-valuable mvp imo
of course you would say some **** like that cuz you live in florida. Lmao

and i also remember the heat losing to the old mavs in the finals, Lebron crying & dissing
everyone last time i checked.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
The fact is the bulls play everyone hard
they are a blue collar team

but then i would ask you when they met up 2 years ago in the ECF
the heat beat the bulls convincingly

how do you change that
with a rose that if were to come back
is being inserted in at the near pinnacle of the nba season

the bulls longest win streak during the 72 run was 11 games i think

the nba will get more interesting when a couple of things happen

1. david stern retiring
2. the heats contracts coming into play and or when they go their separate ways or when it might be just lebron and bosh playing together
3.after this year when the heat win again and the rest of the league is forced to act in acquiring new talent
thunder especially because as of right now they were regress as a team
possibly losing to the spurs and not even making it to the finals

i would like a denver heat finals personally just to see the dynamic and george carl finally get to the finals

and hopefully that kid will come back completely healthy and have a great career
coming back from injuries strengthens a person resolve to unknown levels
he may become a star player because of this

Jane

Smash Hero
more than any other thing that i hope about the great game of basketball, i hope that in my lifetime i get to see computer referees be implemented, because human referees can make too mistakes and can succumb to bribery too easily.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Still surprised why the FBI or someone hasn't placed a "mole" into the NBA to find out if they are blatant cheaters or not. That hard to walk into a meeting with your phone's voice recorder turned on in your pocket? We got Congress going after MLB players all the time, but it seems like for the most part, NBA and NFL seem to stay safe.

Top Bottom