• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
It's all about getting hot at the right time. If they won last night that would have been 4 games in a row and who knows how long that streak could have gone.

They can't afford to have momentum-swinging games like that anymore. A couple more losses like that against sub-par teams then I will put a fork in them.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
I always just figured if you sucked that long toward the latter half of the season you would show up and get it going

but this is good
now laker nation can see who really riding with them
and who was meat riding cause they were hot these years

eh every team gotta go through bull**** once in a while
the needle just happens to be on the lakers so most people need to get over it

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Lol trueeee.

In other news...

@KBergCBS: Pau Gasol has a partial tear of his plantar fascia and is expected to be out at least six weeks...

Put a nail in it...

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
For some reason I'm not surprised.

I could see Kobe as they type that would rather stay at home and play piano instead of go out clubbing/partying.

Jane

Smash Hero
maybe next year. this year though, the eastern conf is under full control of a king james and the miami heat. all i can hope for is a good conference finals where my knicks go down valiantly.

tko112

Smash Lord
so far, All-Star weekend has been kind of a disappointment, other than the Celebrity Game, the rest of the event have been lackluster

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Dang, Dr. Jerry Buss just passed away. To think he kept the Lakers competitive for the majority of his tenure should mark him as one of the greatest sports owners ever.

Didn't know he also owned the Sparks during their hey day.

Also creepy to think that Phil Jackson is 67, so only 13 years younger than Dr. Jerry Buss.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Kyrie is without a doubt the next great PG of the NBA. Hell he's already in my top 5:

1) CP3
2) Rose (healthy)
3) Parker
4) Irving
5) Westbrook/Rondo

Jane

Smash Hero
for me its
1) CP3
2) Parker
3) LBJ (yes, i'm putting him in the point guard category. he's basically a point shooting small power center anyways.)
4) healthy Rondo/Rose
5) Dame Lillard/Kyrie Irving

edit- Steph Curry, John Wall, Ray Felton, and Ricky Rubio are all honorable mentions that should probably/maybe be on there.

Jane

Smash Hero
in my eyes, Russ is a shooting guard. and if i were to make a top 5 shooting guards, he would definitely be there.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
So how bout dem New York "top 5 team" Knicks. Told you guys those first few weeks were a fluke and they peaked early. Other teams are playing to their potential and have now caught up just like I said they would.

Heat, Bulls (with Rose), Pacers, Spurs, OKC, Memphis, Clippers, Grizzlies, Nuggets > Knicks

But I guess I'm still an illogical "hater" am I right? U mad New York?

Jane

Smash Hero
chill, lol. the west ****s on the east sans miami, we all know this.

the knicks definitely fell short of early expectations, but like you said, the other teams caught up (talking about the east here), there's no clear second seed yet, and there is still an entire second half of the season left. so you're a little early in your knicks hateathon, bro.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
lol we still got a whole half a season left
and if the knicks make into the playoffs (which they will) then things will be reset

the pacers who are way overhyped right now do not have a superstar and a great enough backcourt to really contend for a championship.
the bulls are in a situation where its more of the same wheres your other wing good scorer to help rose if he comes back from this debilitating injury lol didnt we see this movie two years ago.
and that was when rose was 100 percent against the heat he will still have reacquaint himself with the speed of the nba and it will be a minute beofre hes 100 % in that respect.

the clippers need chris paul to even stand a chance with a bunch of pieces other then chauncey and crawford that have trouble getting shot for themselves
yesterday we saw a complete rerun of what happened to them in the playoff semis against the spurs
getting steamrolled

still need to see more

Jane

Smash Hero
yeah, yesterday was quite a rude awakening for the clips. hopefully they realize the gravity of the situation and make a collective effort to improve their weaknesses.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
LeBron's perfected the troll face. You can see him make one at the end of the video.

But yeah overall that was an awesome video. A lot of subtle references are made with the costumes. Like Bosh's for example was the same costume he wore in a video where he was campaigning for getting into the All Star game or something like that. And Wade's has something to do with Kanye West I've heard.

Oh and this is perfect...

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Am I the only one who's annoyed of the Harlem Shake at this point? It feels like I'm living back when every link you clicked resulted in getting Rick Rolled.

Top Bottom