• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
But Gasol is already a *****, age won't change that. :p

Srsly though Bored, it doesn't matter what others think about a team. I mean, obviously there's fans who only show up for the good times. It just doesn't affect me in the slightest. I've talked with too many idiots to let silly patriotism annoy me. XD

True fans get a level of enjoyment others never will, that's all I care about. lol

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Loyalty is important to me as a person and in sports. If you're a bandwagoner, you have to prove yourself to get out of that label before I gain more respect for you. The worst kind of bandwagoners are the kinds that trash talk like they've been following the team for years, but disappear when they lose. Of course, there are regular fans who will trash talk like that, but at least they know what they are talking about as opposed to bandwagoners who simply result to "LOL! KOBE IS A RAPIST" or "LOL HEAT ARE GONNA WIN 8 CHAMPIONSHIPS"

Ginobili is gay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXJ1uO6v6ZI

Jane

Smash Hero
ROFL that ginobili kiss video was ****ing funny. in the slow mo part, watch the guy sitting behind them... he has the gayest ****ing look on his face lmfaooo

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I disagree with most of you MOST bandwagon fans are annoying as hell.

To give you guys a good example remember when the Heat were 9-8 and pretty much the laughing stock of the NBA? Well at school I was getting maaaad **** over it on a daily basis since I'm known as THE Heat fan at my school. Now at this point in the season some of those SAME people are now rooting for the Heat... That's bull**** in my eyes.

But if someone will admit they're a bandwagon fan "casual fan" and don't act like they know everything about the team then I'm fine with them... Welcome on board.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
More like if the refs called that offensive foul from KG at the end.

But yeah, if this persists, that's two straight games Melo has struggled vs the Boston D.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Not anymore.

Let's go Magic!

Mavs have the best promos...

Playoff promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faiCIR9P1Ns

November game vs the Heat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hakmjXSTtY8

Food for thought: If Magic get out in the first round, you think Howard demands a trade?

I've heard rumors that he could possibly end up in Chicago. Magic would be looking for a quality big man, so Boozer or Noah would be involved. Chicago also has some first round picks as well.

The other option would be going to LA for Bynum + other stuff.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I never paid attention to this thread. Partly because I haven't paid any attention to this season.

I guess I'll lurk here more. I rep Spurs maddd hard.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Please don't mention Howard in Chicago that's scary to think about. :(

First game Melo sucks and his team does all the work... Now Melo is doing all he can and his team is sucking. **** you Knicks. -.-

EDIT: COMMON CARMELO PROVE BOSTON ISN'T AS MIGHTY AS THEY ONCE WERE!!!

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
I REALLY want the knicks to pull this one out
Carmello is amazing, such a good game right now

RATED

Smash Lord
Not anymore.

Let's go Magic!

Mavs have the best promos...

Playoff promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faiCIR9P1Ns

November game vs the Heat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hakmjXSTtY8

Food for thought: If Magic get out in the first round, you think Howard demands a trade?

I've heard rumors that he could possibly end up in Chicago. Magic would be looking for a quality big man, so Boozer or Noah would be involved. Chicago also has some first round picks as well.

The other option would be going to LA for Bynum + other stuff.
LOL Derrick rose + Howard= would be BROKEN and AMAZING.

I

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It was a great defensive play on Garnett's end. Knicks offense kept looking discombobulated from the Melo double team despite getting baskets. Knicks were hurting BAD to not have another super star player (Amare) or a floor manager (Billups) in the game. They did what they could, but it wasn't enough.

Shoulda doubled KG on that game winning play though. You don't let a small guy get punished in the post like that.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I think Amare might have back spasms. It's a strange injury, but it does limit your mobility greatly. Not even Kobe could come back in the same game from that injury last year. He did play the next night, but he looked extremely gimpy.

It's gonna be key to see how severe Amare's back spasms are.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Completely ridiculous Boston could EASILY be down 0-2 right now.

First game Ray Allen makes a super clutch 3 that saved their butts and then the 2nd game Amare gets hurt.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, I don't know what to take from Boston this series. I mean...they did go 7 games with ATL the year they won the championship, but it was more of a blowing ATL out at home, then losing in close games on the road. This is just...weird.

My gut is telling me, aside from the Miami series, no matter where the game is held, it's always going to come down to the wire. So Game 3 for Indiana, Lakers series, Spurs series, Knicks, Portland, OKC....all gonna be close games no matter where it's played.

LMAO at ESPN front page. Click the tab "NBA Playoffs" on the main page, and you see Danny Crawford and some Mavs fans. Great pic.

ChKn

Smash Ace
Really Knicks... ;.;

New York lost Billups and Amare and still managed to get super close to that win. Hopefully, the Knicks can hold serve at MSG.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm tellin you dude this new Celtics team isn't as good as they were before the Perk trade and it shows... First they get demolished by the Bulls, then the Heat, and now they can BARELY beat the Knicks.

All the Knicks are doing is giving them confidence now.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Yeah, it'll come to the wire because Amare/Billups/Melo are 3 of the most clutch players in the NBA. They're killers in any gym. The Knicks had this, but the Jeffries mistake and Garnett's good hands won it.

What I'm upset about? Melo handed away that game because of horrible defensive awareness. 4 seconds ran off the clock because he didn't know to foul. That was awful.

And TRG, welcome to the playoffs. XD
Every win counts, no matter how you get it. That's why toughness and hustle are so important.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Shaq or no Shaq Heat will still beat the Celtics in the 2nd round if they're on their game I'll make a bet on it. Celtics still haven't shown enough to convince me otherwise since the Perk trade.

EDIT: But now that I'm cooled down a bit I must say I just gained MAJOR respect for Melo... He very nearly single-handedly willed his way past one of the best teams in the league. What a performance...

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Remember TRG, all it takes is one of the Big 3 to struggle to make the game competitive. I was diggin Wade's defense on chasing Allen around last game, but it's gonna be hard to do that for a full series. Bosh might play a bit better than KG, but that's not a huge advantage. I think it's going to come down Pierce's D on LBJ, Rondo being effective and Shaq just clogging the paint.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
LeBron is gonna show up for sure... He almost always does and has always played pretty well against the C's for whatever reason this year. Wade has struggled against the C's this year but we all know playoffs Wade > regular season Wade by far. Plus don't forget that Wade only scored 14 against the Celtics last time the 2 teams met and the Heat still dominated them. Bosh will HAVE to play big against KG and prove he's the better player. I think he can do it if aggressive Bosh (the one that showed up against the Lakers) shows up, but if soft Bosh comes back, Heat will lose the series.

Overall both Bosh and Wade are big X-factors... Wade will be most important I think.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
LBJ has done good against Boston, but last year, he only had 2 games where he shot 50% or better vs them. Two games had him go 8/21 (the quit game) and 3/14. I still don't know exactly how well LBJ will do against Boston, because he won't have the ball in his hands the whole game. He's gonna be playing off the ball more, so I don't know if that will be good or bad.

Like I said earlier, both Chicago and Miami are blank slates when it comes to playoff knowledge. I don't know what to expect.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
It'll be a great series I can guarantee that.

Boston will regret losing that last game against Miami in a couple of days... Have fun in Madison Square Garden, Celtics. :)

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I still think D Wade is the MVP of the Heat. He may be the worst shooter of the Big 3, but he's the best defender, and LeBron's good there too.

I'm starting to believe the Knicks could really beat Boston twice in a row. And badly.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I have a funny feeling that Boston takes one in NY. Not because of the injuries...they'll just find a way.

In any case, LBJ and Wade both have their perks as defenders. LBJ is a better on the ball defender (good example is when Wade was getting beat by Rose, and LBJ switched onto him and did better), but Wade is more of the hustle, chase down, off the ball defender.

Top Bottom