• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
One thing that makes LBJ a better on-ball guy: He's strong, and doesn't get the calls against him as a superstar. I'm not complaining, just saying. It takes strength to lock down that far out. Look at Artest. lol

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Oh yeah, another reason Knicks will lose one in New York. If Amare and Billups can't go...well Melo would have to play out of his mind again, which would be insanely hard. If Amare and Billups can go, I just figure things might not work out. It's just a gut feeling.

And for the love of all that looks good on this planet, stop showing Spike Lee. It's one thing if I have to stare at Eva Longoria for all those years, but Spike is just messed up.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
IMO LeBron is the best player in the NBA, but until he actually starts doing something in the clutch Wade will always be the leader of the Heat.

It will be very interesting to see who gets those final shots in the last minute of close games. At first I'd say Wade in a heartbeat but what if LeBron is having a good game? But at the same time we all know how "amazing" LBJ has been in the clutch this year... Yes that was sarcasm.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
LeBron just make stupid decision in the clutch. I thought he did a great job back in Cleveland, despite being criticized for "passing the ball". If the guy is open, and is a good knock down shooter...why not? At the same time, if he got the mismatch, he would expose it and score himself. Basically, he was playing high IQ basketball. Somewhere down the line, he became more about "I have to do it on my own" and it started impacting him. Even when he made passes, it wasn't exactly an open look for the shooter...it was more of a bailout pass. In Miami, it's more of the same. He just looks unsure of himself at times on what to do.

Take the Chicago game for instance, he had a step back jumper in the final moments, but he didn't even seem to have confidence in that shot. Game tying or game winning possession, he got the mismatch on Noah and drove on him. However, it was a weak drive. He didn't lower his shoulder, charging in like he always does...it was a weak drive and then he just threw it up. I think he might be having a confidence or mental block right now if anything.

Edit: Yay Dallas

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
barea is pissing me off right now
i swear ****ing leprechauns shouldn't be allowed in the NBA
lets go blazers

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Dang the only real hopes for an upset now lie with Denver, Memphis, and New Orleans.

No upsets in the 1st round is boring and predictable. >.>

theeboredone

Smash Legend

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
But still its been said that only 6% of teams or something crazy like that have come back to win a series after being down 0-2.

And on top of that I just really don't see Dallas losing 4 out of the next 5 games.

Also that article wreaks of sarcasm.

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
But still its been said that only 6% of teams or something crazy like that have come back to win a series after being down 0-2.

And on top of that I just really don't see Dallas losing 4 out of the next 5 games.

Also that article wreaks of sarcasm.
it's hard to detect sarcasm on the internet but..
have you never heard of the onion? lol

RATED

Smash Lord
barea is pissing me off right now
i swear ****ing leprechauns shouldn't be allowed in the NBA
lets go blazers
I saw Barea IRL(he's from Puerto Rico) and arroyo from Boston too(but arroyo is a d-bag lol) Barea is actually not cocky from being in NBA. He seemed cool, me and my friend saw him in the mall.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, the Onion thrives on all their articles having sarcasm and satire. It's a great source for some entertainment. I remember reading one towards the beginning of the season where it talked about the Big 3 on the Heat all suffered season ending injuries during a lay up drill, and how the rest of the players just seemed lost on the court LOL.

Last team I can think of that came back from a 0-2 deficit was...

Dallas LOL.

It was against Houston sometime back. Dallas had HC, but lost both their games. Then they got HC back by winning both on the road. Then Houston beat them back, but Dallas won again on the road. Then Dallas won Game 7 at home by like 30 points. Weirdest series ever.

Here is another Onion article.

http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/nba-honors-chris-paul-for-heroically-saving-ball-f,20058/

Jane

Smash Hero
yo so i missed all the games yesterday cuz i was going to phoenix to see rick ross, nicki minaj, and lil wayne at the US airways center.

but anyways, during nicki's set, they brought out a chair and she said she was gonna pick someone and give them a lap dance... and whaddayaknow she picks none other than steve nash! hahaha! (the us airways center is where the suns play) it was dope haha.

also idk if you guys listen to nicki at all but in one of newer songs "did it on em" she starts out her verse like,

"all these b*tches is my sons, and i aint talkin bout phoenix"

and right when she started that verse the building ****in exploded and you could barely hear her haha... pretty sweet.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Will the Lakers and Spurs prevent themselves from getting into a "panic" situation with a W tonight? Can Denver bounce back against OKC and prove that they're the real deal?

Here's to 3 great games tonight!

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
But it's still a lap dance? lmao

All the top seeds win tonight imo, and Denver has a strong chance to upset if they can get 20 and 10 from Nene.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Last team I can think of that came back from a 0-2 deficit was...

Dallas LOL.

It was against Houston sometime back. Dallas had HC, but lost both their games. Then they got HC back by winning both on the road. Then Houston beat them back, but Dallas won again on the road. Then Dallas won Game 7 at home by like 30 points. Weirdest series ever.
I remember that >_>

I used to really hate Dallas back then...But was that when T-mac dunked on bradley something awful?

Houston loves crazy playoff series, the one they had against the lakers that year they won like 22 games in a row? lol Houston got blown out game 7 of that also.

Houston is crazy in general <3

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
The 22 win streak was Mutombo's last season, right? That was a tragedy to see. Mutombo and 'Zo are 2 of my favorite Big Men to have played the game.

Even if Vince did jam on 'Zo freak nasty like. Dude challenged everything.

Suspect

Smash Hero
That was basically Yaos last season and Tmacs last time with them also.

Man what a year and way to go out

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Yeah, the streak started because Yao went down, and because they had re-signed Mutombo to practice against Yao, he suddenly started playing big minutes again. Then, the playoffs happened and he went down bad.

That's the huge downside of tall players though. :\

The Rockets didn't disappear though, not even in a tight Western Conference, let alone the hardest division in basketball. Like I said, Houston would be the 6th seed in the East. XD

If I had to rank my fave teams, Rockets would be in the top 5. And I saw Yao in person at a Rockets playoff game, like 20 rows up from the court. NOBODY SHOULD BE THAT TALL. Dude doesn't jump to dunk.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
He was a Game-Time Decision, but I just got done texting all my friends: Coach Pop said in his pre-game media interviews that Manu will play.

He'll play well, but my concern is how well he'll be able to shoot. Coming off the bench after resting mid-game will be rough too, since that elbow could really get sore. It's not ideal, but I think we can beat Memphis without him. This is very welcome news. lmao

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Yeah, I do, if it was close like that. I mean, the game could've gone either way, we'd need to shore up regardless. We don't have the luxury/necessity that the Celtics do with resting Shaq, since Manu is our best player this year.

Hell, if we blew them out, Manu still might've played. He'll play at least 35 minutes tonight though.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm more interested in the Lakers/Hornets game. I forgot how entertaining CP3 is to watch when he's at the top of his game. Now THAT's the best PG in the league when he's playing at his best IMO. Rose's defense is overrated.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Haha, Paul's great, but unless the Lakers are ********(which they're not) he won't shoot that well again.

Story of the Hornets this year: Not even CP3 can get enough assists to score over 100.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, hopefully CP3 won't be that hot again. He hit some tough floaters and jumpers last game. I don't expect their bench to do so well, but I don't think Ariza will go 3/15 or whatever stinker he put up game 1. Gasol needs to show up.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Well, I've said it before, the pick and roll is the hardest thing to stop in basketball. The bigs need to do a better job of committing to hedging the screen. Gasol kept hesitating, and getting left on an island. He needs to bump Paul as he comes free, and hurry back to his man. Make CP3 kill you with out of rhythm jumpshots.

And, Fisher's good, he'll fight through the screens more this time. I hear rumors of Shannon Brown playing defense on Paul? That'll be interesting, and should be worth a spark.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Double posting for love of a player: Shane Battier's daughter was born moments after he hit the game-winner against us. That's pretty cool. XD

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Triple posting for Basketball history and the greatest player ever:

25 years ago today, MJ dropped 63 points on the Celtics in the playoffs. Highest scoring playoff game ever. If you guys haven't watched any of his games before, do it.

****, dropping 63 with him was hard in 2k11, and he did it in real life.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I didn't see it coming like this, but damn OKC is showing that defense they're capable of. That's what happens with a young team of athletes.

Spurs game though, super scrappy. I love this intensity.

Top Bottom