• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
If something goes wrong with the Lakers I think OKC will reach the finals they've got a little bit of everything.

But dang Ginobli sure does have some heart. He's playing like he never got hurt at all. lol

EDIT: Memphis is a LOT better than I thought they were.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Memphis is legit. I'm tired of us playing them. lmao

But yeah, Spurs gotta' stop turning it over. We're playing a little too amped up.

Edit: Ya'll better be watching this game since the other one is boring. THIS is why we needed Manu. XD

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, that's why the common theory is when your offense goes stagnant, you need that go to or super star player to bail you out. Denver doesn't have that.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Ginobli is making all the difference right now. I now see why Spurs fans were so excited to have him back after game 1. XD

EDIT: Daaaang and just like that Memphis comes right back. They are a tough team.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Oh, and if you haven't seen him this year: Gary Neal is a master of that. He's on of the best shooters I've ever seen with 1 second left. It's ridiculous.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I hate OJ Mayo so much. I thought he had some good talent given the degree of difficult shots he made in his rookie year, but he hasn't improved. In fact, he's regressed lol. He has Kobe's shot selection, except he doesn't hit them.

RATED

Smash Lord
I want Memphis to win this game for some reason :/. Maybe that's the underdog feeling lol, I was surprised( I didnt know) that Memphis's 1st win in playoff was the one vs Spurs, so that I want them to have another win.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
This game is more intense than it should be. It's only GAME 2. Oh, and Memphis D is way too good. They're chasing us off of everything. They've gotta' be gassed come final 2 minutes.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Wow, what was going on in the Lakers huddle in the end? Kobe should have stayed up on CP3 to make him drive down and kick it out. That would have wasted much more time, and they probably would have gotten a worse shot off. Terrible coaching and IQ play on Kobe.

I swear to god, if I had NBA skills, I would have the highest NBA IQ out there lol. Someone hook me up to be an assistant coach.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Why is Gasol settling for jump shots he's looking like Chris Bosh did earlier in the season.

EDIT: Such an ugly offensive game right now.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
And this is why Gasol is NOT the MVP of the team. The guy cannot play aggressive on a consistent basis. I have no idea what's going on with him this series, but it feels like ever since he took that shot from Mbenga, he's been a total baby.

Both Kobe and Gasol are having bad games, but at least Kobe is setting people up. Gasol is doing nothing on both ends.

Second Tid Bit On High IQ Play: CP3 has hit 3 buzzer beater 3's from the top of the key. Either get him to shoot it somewhere else, or make him give up the ball.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Anyone hear Shannon Brown drop the F-bomb? He should be fined LOL.

I figured out how Gasol ended up becoming so soft all of a sudden...

-Mbenga walks onto floor-
Gasol: Hey DJ! Long time no see!
Mbenga: Stfu *****.
Gasol: ;_;

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, LA got the win. Kobe played pretty bad, but Gasol needs to step up on the road. I don't expect the bench or Artest to shoot this well on the road.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Bored, I'll hook you up with that CP3 flop gif for Zigsta in a minute ;)

I'm drained from the Spurs game. Gotta be the best 8 seed ever O_o

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I honestly don't see the Hornets winning another game. The fact that both Kobe and Gasol had sub-par games and still beat New Orleans that badly says a lot.

Hornets were just on fire in the first game and LA was definitely off... I don't see that happening twice.

If New Orleans can play like they did in game 1 then they might be able to take two wins out of this series but that's all they're gonna get IMO.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Golden State?

Barkely: "It's been a minute since I started talking. Where's the commercial?" lmfao...

Yeah, CP3 is a bit of a flopper. It's not even like Fisher who runs through screens and flops...CP3 just gets touched and it's like "ZOMG I GOT PUNCHED d0000d!"

Well, we'll see how LA and Hornets respond to that feisty crowd in New Orleans. Pau is going to keep playing bad until he gets his butt in gear and makes some aggressive moves down low. Until then, by all means give the ball to Bynum and Odom.

Nike.

Smash Hero
The Hornets beat themselves tonight:

- Silly, careless turnovers
- CP3 not taking over at times
- 11 missed FT's, and then losing by 9.
- Countless missed shots in the paint

...It feel's like LA dodged a bullet tonight. Bynum stepping up is huge for them, wonder how he'll do in NO.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Bynum will be fine on the road. I'm more worried about Artest, Odom, and the bench. Steve Blake stabilized that bench. Brown is by no means a pure PG, which hurts the backcourt if Blake is not playing.

Nike, Kobe had a crappy game along with Pau.

Keys to Game 3:

Hornets' free throws, bench production, and CP3 "probing".

Lakers' dominating inside
Pau Gasol
"Containing" CP3

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Floppers...only good thing about them is if they are on your team.

But yeah, flopping is really ********. Only time I do it is when I'm messing around. My flops are even more exaggerated than that up there lmao.

At least Fisher fights through screens before he flops. That's just pitiful.

Gasol is as well.

I had a dream where Mavs cruise to a win tonight. Had the Mavs up 20 in my dream. Of course, I think that's just Game 2's images coming into my head. Should be a close one.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
It sure does make me fuzzy inside to know Joel Anthony can finally do an OK job of scoring in the post now... Earlier in the season he definitely didn't have that confidence.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Good, tough win for the Heat tonight. They needed some strong resistance or else they probably would have gone into the 2nd round with too much cockiness.

Heat should sweep this series.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, Phili gave them all they had...that pretty much sucked the soul out of them lol. Even if they win Game 4, it's only a matter of time before they finish off the series.

And didn't I call it? Pacers and Bulls would be close with Bulls coming out on top.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Lol, it's all about expectations in my opinion. People pay big money to go watch these games. In Game 1, LA fans started booing in the first or second quarter when Hornets had a 10 point lead. If you're the defending champs and people know you are more than capable of dismantling a lower seed...you need to show it. Otherwise, that's a minimum 100 wasted bucks.

Stern is saying that a discussion for a "challenge" system will be in the new CBA as well. Thank god.

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
yesss good stuff blazers
great to see Roy playing well. He went to my school and earlier this year he came to my school with the rest of the team and they played a scrimmage for us. Afterwards he donated $20,000 to the school. He's a good guy, I hope he can keep it up

Top Bottom