• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

Nike.

Smash Hero
I post funny pics/gifs all the time, but I don't think I've done that one yet.

Sixers were hax with that clutch 3 pointer to take the lead. We know Heat will win game5.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Bummer, the Knicks got swept. This was the only series in the East that I thought was going to be grand and instead it ended up being a flop. It's never good when players get hurt overall. Had Staudamire and Billups been healthy the Knicks could have possibly taken a game or two. Boston had this from the get-go anyways.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
WTF Pau Gasol??? How did he miss that pass?

LOL @ the Western Conference lower seeds giving the top 3 Western Conference teams hell.

Lakers are tied 2-2 with the Hornets of all teams
Mavs are tied 2-2 with the Blazers
Spurs are LOSING against Memphis 1-2!

What an odd playoffs so far...

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well I'm disappointed with this loss. It just felt like it wasn't meant to be for LA tonight. So many missed free throws, Odom had a bad game, Kobe didn't make a shot in the first half, Gasol fumbling a pass, etc. etc.

Ah well, I got LA in 6, so it's all good. I don't think Dallas/Portland is going to win their series that early, so neither team will get their rests.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
You seriously had LA in 6? I predicted an LA sweep!

In fact the only series that are going as I predicted are Heat/76'ers, Bulls/Pacers, and to a certain extent OKC/Denver.

I suck at predicting...

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I mean, after LA lost their first game, I predicted LA in 6 lol. LA played good defense down the stretch, but shots just wern't falling, and there were too many things wrong with the team tonight. Kinda like how the Hornets struggled with their free throws in Games 1 and 2, it happened to LA tonight.

I just can't get over the fact when Gasol fumbled that ball...I mean...really? That's why he's labeled soft lol.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
My predicting ability sucks as well. So far 50% of the first round matchups could go 100% how I predicted. (Mia vs. Phil, LA vs. NO, Dal vs. Por, OKC vs. Den)

I was too chicken to pick any series upsets througout the playoffs. Then again I didn't realize this fact until after I made my picks; but that's because I primarily choose team history over record a majority of the time. Afterall the NBA is a dynasty league. Only 8 teams have won the championship since 1980.

(Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, Bulls, Rockets, Pistons, Heat, 76ers)

Looks like Atl is going to beat Orl.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Kobe's reaction to Gasol fumbling that pass is exactly the reaction I have whenever I play in tournies or intramural. If a teammates totally botches up a play I set up for them...there's gonna be some yelling in the huddle lol.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Looks like Atl is going to beat Orl.
Magic are the biggest letdowns in the playoffs so far. I remember Magic fans saying that they had a good chance of taking out the Bulls and making the ECF... They can't even hang with the ATLANTA HAWKS for crying out loud they're one of the streakiest teams in the NBA.

I've been watching the games too the Hawks aren't even playing that great at all Orlando just sucks THAT BAD.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You kno wthat Magic game was sad. The day Arenas shows up, everyone else has to play like crap.

Turkoglu has been the biggest disappointment. I don't think he has cracked over 40% shooting this series. He's always shooting 30% or below.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
For whatever reason him and Nelson feel like they can still shoot the 3 well even when they struggle. Turk was 1-6 and Nelson was 1-7 for the game. LOL

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, Dwight is so demanding a trade this off season. As much as I would like to see him come to LA, I see him going to Chicago due to cap flexibility and what Chicago can offer.

LA can only offer Bynum.

Chicago can offer Noah/Boozer + two first round picks and maybe toss in Asik.

Though it will be interesting to see how the new CAP is like for future signings.

Well the other option can be to trade Jameer Nelson + other stuff for CP3.

Nike.

Smash Hero

They were that close to cutting the lead to 2 points with plenty of time. Kobe murdered him with his eyes.

Bored, did Zigsta let you in on the bet too? Easy money :)

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
lmao, guys, nobody should be surprised by the close games. Everyone in the West is like a 50 win team, and the East has teams with raw talent/scorers.

Bulls/Pacers: D Rose was MVP status against a strong showing offensively from the Pacers. Not much looks good for Indiana though now. They can't play any better if you ask me, and Boozer was a no show. This looks like a sweep.

Heat/76ers: Heat did what they should, but the Sixers showed they've got the talent to test a weak inside Heat team. This series could be interesting still, but I've got the Heat in 5.

Celtics/Knicks: Knicks are so much better than they show, but Boston is unstoppable when Rondo is hitting shots. Knicks could win both at home. Hell, they could win all 3 and make this a 7 game series. That'd be great.

Magic/Hawks: I can't think that Orlando will shoot that badly again, but more importantly, I can't imagine the Hawks hitting that many shots. Magic played poorly, but take away 5 of those unbelievably hot shots, they win. I still have the Magic winning, and they could do it big with 4 in a row.

Spurs/Grizzlies: No johns, we lost. Tony Parker shot awfully, and that's when we really missed part of the Big 3. Manu aside, Memphis played solid basketball, and won it in the end. They're a fantastic ball club, but we're more talented, and we'll win this in 6 after they win Game 4.

Lakers/Hornets: Same for them, no johns. Lakers lost to a strong Hornets team. Bynum and Gasol met a couple of legitimate post defenders like Okafor, and CP3 killed the Lakers D with Gasol getting left on an island(a la Phoenix against us last year). Lakers are better than they played, but they've gotta' win 4 out of 6 against a team that flat out beat them in all aspects. I have Lakers in 7.

Mavericks/Blazers: Mavs closed it strong, but Blazers showed they're able to play with them. Dallas will win this in either 5 or 6 in my opinion now. (Despite what I said before. XD)

Thunder/Nuggets: I hate people saying a team got robbed. The game was close, and OKC led most of the 4th. If the Nuggets didn't want this to happen, don't blow the early double digit lead. Despite that, Nuggets are very good, and Nene is proving why he was the only player to stay in Denver as long as Melo had. Thunder will win this in 5 or 6, since they'll only get stronger as they get more experience. I love George Karl as a coach though.
Quoting myself because people are STILL SURPRISED about how close the West is. XD
I've been saying forever that these teams are stacked.

Memphis winning Game 3 bodes badly, but I said we'd split in Memphis. Tony has got to show up for one of these games. We had no business winning anything on Saturday, so the time-out play is unimportant. Of course I'd want the time-out called, but Manu being Manu isn't a bad option either.

Chris Paul has the potential to beat LA on his own it seems. I think LA will win still, but CP went off.

This isn't the first time I've seen Brandon Roy do what he did, and it's one of the best stories this year. After something like that, Dallas has zero momentum. All they've got is home-court, but I'm reverting to my original pick that Portland wins.

Even the OKC/Denver games have been interesting. lol

Magic are the biggest letdowns in the playoffs so far. I remember Magic fans saying that they had a good chance of taking out the Bulls and making the ECF... They can't even hang with the ATLANTA HAWKS for crying out loud they're one of the streakiest teams in the NBA.

I've been watching the games too the Hawks aren't even playing that great at all Orlando just sucks THAT BAD.
And this is the saddest story of the playoffs. It's embarrassing to me as a pseudo-Magic fan, and it's becoming clear that while I like the cast they have: I'm more of a Howard fan. I hope he can escape this off-season.

Rose and Howard might equal 60 wins a season for years.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Spurs/Grizzlies and Mavs/Blazers are gonna be great games to watch tonight... Mostly the former. Every Spurs/Grizzlies game has been intense as hell so far. OKC is most likely gonna wrap the series up with Denver tonight... Poor Nuggets they're a great team they just had to get matched up with the hottest team in the West right now.

GO MEMPHIS AND PORTLAND!!!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
You know, I've been thinking about this, and I think having D-West go down is a blessing in disguise for the Hornets. The reason I say that is because West rarely plays close to the basket. He's like Bosh, a pick and pop guy, and he isn't as aggressive compared to Landry. Landry gets in your face, plays physical against Pau, and hustles. West is just...I don't want to say soft, but not fit for the LA match up.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Anyway, about the Spurs vs Grizzlies.

Tony Allen yesterday:

Got to love Tony Allen. Just told reporters that he thought Manu was faking his elbow injury. "It's for the birds," Allen said. "Everybody is banged up," Allen said. "You don't see me running to my PR guy telling him about an injury."
Wtf, Manu is not faking it. He freakin missed Game1 because of it.

They tanked to get the Spurs. They slap them in the mouth after doing so. They now call them out in the media.

They have absolutely zero fear of us. Spurs need to ****ing man up and put the Griz in their place.

Btw, they have classy fans.

Can't believe they cheered when Manu hit the ground and started holding his elbow.

It's going to be a battle tonight. It's do or die, and nothing would make me happier than a win.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Haha, I see nothing wrong with that sign, I hated that *****. :p

TP obviously doesn't care or he wouldn't have hooked up with all those women in the first place. :D

Tony Allen's kinda' ********, and I lost a lot of respect for him in Game... 2? When Manu started eating him alive and he threw a temper-tantrum on court. It's amazing he didn't get a tech, and if I was on his team I'd be pissed that he stopped playing.

And Bored, you may be right, but it's never a really good thing to lose a star. Just ask Denver. That said, I've never been a West fan, I think he's one of the most overrated players in the league.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
And Bored, you may be right, but it's never a really good thing to lose a star. Just ask Denver. That said, I've never been a West fan, I think he's one of the most overrated players in the league.
Well I'm not saying not having Landry is better tahn D-West overall. Just that for this match up in particular, Landry is the better guy. Kinda like how you'd rather have Aaron Gray or Okafor guard Gasol rather than D-West.

Wow...Memphis just gave SA the business.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Man, OKC might just be getting a free pass in the second round. OKC can match up better vs Memphis compared to San Antonio.

This feels like Dallas vs GS all over again.

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
good work from the grizzlies they really are playing well I hope they win

Unfortunate loss for portland tonight but they are headed home so i think it's going to 7

I second the notion that birdman has the best tats. he is so funny especially in 2k11

Top Bottom