• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Bynum playing manly ball. Gasol should take notes.

Also, Knicks got some bad luck with Pierce and Ray going off. Bad defense and all, you don't go 6 and 8 3 pointers made respectively. Felt like Game 2 of the Finals seeing Ray go off.

SO MANLY

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Anyone watching Magic game? Howard had a cheap shot on Pachulia, Pachulia head butts J-Rich, and J-Rich slaps him back. Double ejection, and T on Howard.

Lmao, the amount of luck on that Crawford 3 pointer was off the charts. That's when you know you're not meant to win.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
WTF New York?

And there were people out there saying their Big 3 was better than the Heat's Big 3... Yeah I don't think so. At least the Heat's Big 3 actually know how to play defense. I honestly did not foresee Boston sweeping this series or even going 4-1. THANKS FOR GIVING BOSTON THE CONFIDENCE THEY NEEDED GOING INTO THE SECOND ROUND AGAINST THE HEAT, NEW YORK. You guys blow. -.-

theeboredone

Smash Legend
TRG, Pierce and Ray were unstoppable. You can't do much if both guys are on fire lol. I think the Knicks just gave up for the most part.

But yeah, it would have helped if they closed out on 3's better. I think the teams that are meant to be good are just getting to be who they are. Except for Orlando, they are in a dog fight.

I expect Spurs to win tomorrow.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
They were that hot, huh? I'm just mainly upset that Boston is likely going into the 2nd round with very little resistance now. I was really depending on NY taking Boston to at least 6 games, but now it looks like they won't even take them to 5. -.-

Round 2 is gonna be so cutthroat. If the old Boston from earlier (you know the one that had an INSANE Rondo that tore the Heat guards up every game and a Ray Allen that would drain 3's in Wade's face all game) shows up in round 2 the Heat are in trouble.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well even Magic Johnson said on his twitter that despite Ray and Pierce being on fire, Rondo was the main reason why those guys got their points. He is the engine.

Omg, Bill Walton's twitter da bess...

"With a flash from the staff of Ra, the Pharaoh Kobe unleashes a majestic purple & gold extravaganza of exclamation points of joy for us all!"

"Lakers are disarming this Hornets rebellion like the counter-insurgency tactic outlined in the 1950 doctrine known as the 'Briggs Plan'."

"Chris Paul epitomizes a pronghorn antelope, equipped with a freakishly large heart, he uses his exceptional speed to evade his larger foes."

theeboredone

Smash Legend
o_O....wow, what kinda Mavs fan is that? I mean...is that kid freaking ********? Chandler looked like he was about to open up a can of whoop ***.

Nike.

Smash Hero
HOW DOES ZAC RALDOLPH MAKE THAT 3?!?

And we should've called timeout the moment we rebounded the ball.

Gawd I'm pissed.

Jane

Smash Hero
yooo great games today! that blazers comeback was crazy, and the grizzlies went HAMMM today damn!

now with a nuggies win i'll be very happy.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
The Spurs had a timeout? Why didn't they use it? :facepalm: I caught the last few moments of the game and thought they didn't call one because they didn't have one.

Looking forward to game 5.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
How huge of story would it be if the #1 team in the NBA got knocked out in the first round? If Memphis wins the next game there's no way they'll allow SA to come back from 3-1... It's a near guaranteed first round victory if they're able to do that. Super shocked and happily surprised with Memphis.

Mavs/Blazers could go either way at this point and will probably go to a game 7 like I predicted. I love upsets though (that don't effect the Heat), so GO PORTLAND!

OKC is better than I thought and Bored was right about his prediction about Denver... They need an All Star in crunch time. Definitely didn't foresee Denver being down 0-3 though. They might end up being swept.

I'm also very annoyed that Atlanta is putting up a good fight against Orlando... The Magic have been such a hit and miss team this year. An Atlanta/Chicago Round 2 would probably be the most boring and lopsided Round 2 match which means the Bulls easily glide into the ECF... No way the Hawks can hang with the Bulls. Step the **** up Orlando!

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Fun games tonight. Very disappointed in the Mavs to give up a 20 point lead. Dirk didn't even demand the ball in the last few moments of the game. If B-Roy is that hot, you gotta double and make him pass it up.

Didn't watch the Spurs game, but there's no way you go down the court in 5 seconds and get a good shot off. Should have called a timeout. Heck, they had 2.

OKC/Denver game...Denver really needs that star player in crunch time.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Words really can't describe how pissed I would be if the Hawks ended up taking out the Magic just to show how damn inconsistent they are and suck *** against the Bulls in Round 2.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Lol, well I have a feeling Hawks were playing some lazy ball during the season. Speculation of giving up on the coach, but it turns out it might have just been lazy ball.

"Serge Ibaka moves in the paint with such volumetric force that it only can be measured with a NASA-approved ultrasonic vortex flow meter." - Bill Walton

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Miami Heat are arguably the most bi-polar team in NBA history. They just showed how bad of team they could be, shortly followed by how amazing they can be all in the first half. I was getting ready to accept this game a lazy loss and then THAT happened...

Opposite of consistency = Heat basketball

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
If that's the case then they were bored in Game 1, 3, and now 4. So far the Heat can't open a game well and I'm a bit concerned about that. Can't afford to do that against Boston.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure they won't be "bored" with Boston. Like I said, Phili is a crappy team lol. Kinda like how LA showed up for Game 1.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Give Phili credit. They hit some tough shots. Lou Williams and Jrue Holliday hit two contested 3s off the dribble.

And lol at LeBron in the clutch. I'm telling you, he doesn't have that explosiveness from last year or before. He does look like he's a step slower.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
^Shouldn't you be worried about getting knocked out by an 8th seeded team in the first round?

So much for Orlando being an elite team this year... What a joke. Dwight needs to leave.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I feel like you've posted it before.

Honestly I don't take losses like that easily. It ticks me off how bad the Heat are in close games... A lot of times at least.

Top Bottom