• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
LOL @ Memphis

CP3 is giving the Lakers hell right now. Wouldn't be surprised if Hornets won they're looking like the more aggressive team today.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, the Hornets are definitely looking like they are playing with more purpose. Gasol needs to get into the paint and post up. All he's taken is jump shots.

Lol at Artest half court basket.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Lakers need to count their blessings if Hornets weren't missing pretty much every FT They had the game wouldn't be this close going into the 4th.

EDIT: WOOOOOW HORNETS SUUUUCK AT FREETHROWS!! Nice air ball dude!

Hack a Shaq should now be called hack a hornet.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm not worried about this Lakers loss to be honest. Nobody was playing well for LA except Kobe and Artest. Gasol didn't make one single post move until 45 seconds left in the game. The rotations were extremely slow, and Paul won't be hitting J's like that for the rest of the series.

Oh and Hornets Bench couldn't miss =/.

And with Aaron Gray out for at least a game, Lakers should win the next one.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Man, this goes back to my theory on every time Kobe is hot or is unstoppable, the team relaxes and plays lazy bum defense. The rotations were so slow, it was sad to watch.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Kobe was getting hot with about 5 minutes left. Then Gasol got iso'd with Paul for the easy 2 then he made that clutch 3. Felt like the momentum died right there, cuz it was a huge "laker comeback" moment.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah, I'm sure Phil is gonna work on NOT switching the pick and roll, cause that has to be the dumbest thing they can do.

Like I said, LA will fix their rotations, Gasol will definitely play better than that stinker he put up, and LA will win this. I think I had LA winning in 5, but it just might be 6.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I had LA winning in 5 also.

At this point 6 sounds more accurate. I don't see the Lakers beating them at New Orleans all 3 times. It MIGHT go to a game 7 if the Hornets keep up their energy like tonight.

No way Lakers lose in the 1st round though.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I am really disappointed in Gasol though. It felt like 2008 all over again when he was bullied by KG, Perkins, and Big Baby. I don't understand how you can't make a single post up move until 45 seconds left in the game. He is going to get so much **** from Kobe and Phil.

What's worse is that was a wasted hot shooting effort from Kobe, Brown and Artest. Those guys came to play, while everyone else took a chill pill.

On the bright side, I don't expect CP3 to shoot lights out like that again either so it all balances out.

God, I want Wednesday to come already for Game 2.

On another note, where is Glue?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, Monty Williams confirmed that Aaron Gray suffered a mild ankle sprain, and he should be good for Game 2. Gasol is gonna have to man up.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Posted on facebook when the game had started that the spurs would lose by 4

they lost by 3

/almost miss cleo status

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Man...that was such a great game, and I felt it was ruined by that missed offensive interference call. That totally changed the tide of the rest of the game. Even if the rest of the game played out like it did, Denver would only be down 3 as opposed to 4. That was such a blatant missed call...I feel for Denver a lot right now.

I also heard there was some controversy towards the end of the Boston game? I didn't watch it, cause I fell asleep, but some Pierce flopping and Garnett illegal screening?

Edit: Still upset. Probably gonna go shoot hoops tomorrow morning for about an hour and half.

Top Bottom