• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Basketball Thread

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Oh, I don't want him gone now, but there were rumors he'd go to New York with Amare as a free agent during this off season. His contract was set to expire after this season. lol

Parker is a Pop guy, but I've always thought he wasn't as good as his contract, that's all I'm saying. lol

I love his game though, don't get me wrong.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Those Machine vids always make me laugh. XD

Oh, and I'm kinda' surprised it's taken so long for a buzzer beater. Always fun to watch them, especially live.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm so sad he doesn't make him anymore. I bet Sasha threatened him >.>...He didn't make one for Game7...so sad. Those free throws in the end...AUTO-MATIC

theeboredone

Smash Legend
LOL HEAT. Wade rushed back from his "sprained" wrist too quickly though.

Edit: Watching the end of the Spurs game, Orlando got jipped when Nelson got tripped up lol.

2nd Edit: LOL HORNETS

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Hey Bored, tell LA to ease off the gas? I'm happy with our record, but saddened every time I see you guys are a measly 0.5 GB.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Yea Miami lsing is something I'm happy to see lol. I think Im gonna apply for the head coaching job cuz I feel like I could do a btter job than Spolestra.

I cnt speak too much though because the Knicks arent too great themselves, despite winning 5 in a row. Props to them for doing that though. They really need a better PG if they wanna play this fast paced/pick and roll offence than D'Antoni has brought to NY. Felton is a good PG but he just doesnt fit the system...he has to be one of the worst pick and roll PG's Ive seen in my life, hopefully its just a matter of adjusting to the new system though. Im not expecting too much from them...lol Im done getting my hopes up, but I do feel like they have enough talent to get to the playoffs, maybe like a 6/7 seed. East looks pretty weak atm outside of Boston/Orl, but it still is early

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Yeah, I felt instantly better after they showed the Spurs highlights, followed by LA's. :D

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm really frustrated at them right now. Kobe is taking way too many dumb shots, and Pau is getting burned out. With our only bigs being Odom and Gasol, production on offense and defense has slipped considerably. Bynum and Ratliff need to come back. Till then, I only see bad things for the Lakers.

Doesn't help that Ron has gone off to bozo land again, and Shannon is in a slump.

tko112

Smash Lord
Lakers need both Bynum and Ratliff back now, they just lost their 4th straight

on the other hand, the Clippers just beat the Spurs

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I know, I was ready to talk **** about the Lake Show, and we up and lose to the Blake Show.

Although, how are the Clippers only a 4 win team? They've got so much talent and rebounding. :O
Turnovers just kill them I suppose.

A certain Hornets fan is coming to SA to watch the SA/NOH game on Sunday with us. Anybody got any good trash talk I should use? :p

My new favorite terrible nickname is Tragic Johnson, which Sean Elliot used like, 3 times in tonight's telecast when talking about the Clippers.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Gasol is now having hammy issues as well. Dude is getting run to the ground by Phil. I honestly don't know what Phil is thinking. How can you have Gasol be playing 45 mins per game these past 4? Gasol is 30 AND a 7 footer. No way he could keep up with the rest, and now he's hurt. If Gasol has to sit out, we're gonna have to start Caracter, and have no back up. Kobe cannot carry the team for four straight quarters...his shot selection is gonna get ugly, and the Lakers are gonna lose. LO has to get aggressive like last night, and the bench has to step up until Bynum returns.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Yeahhhh T___T
Ah well...i don't really hate the Heat...i just dislike LeBron as a human being. Heck, I've never liked the man.

Jane

Smash Hero
yeah i always thought he was a *****. i dont really care about the whole cleveland miami thing though lol

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Mo doesn't look like himself out there...they're overwhelmed big time.
The crowd might be counter productive...

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I saw people in the crowd with shirts that said "victim", cleveland fans are soft as hell and need to get a life

LAW2222

Smash Journeyman
^^
they need to ****ing grow up
instead of burning lebrons jersey they should be grateful for what he brought to cleveland while he was a cav
here in seattle out whole team got stolen, at least they have the privilege of having a team

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
As a basketball fan, I've never seen so much disdain for one player in a game. That was a different experience, for sure.

However, who really expected Cleveland to win? They're an awful team whose best player is probably Mo Williams or Varejao of all people. They've got heart, and it's leading to a respectable record... But at this point, all that's doing is taking away their chances at a good draft. :\

tko was right though, watching the 4th quarter of that game was one of the most painful things I've seen on TV. 20,000 fans were collectively swallowing their pride. Hopefully, this is the end of Cleveland/LeBron, and they can move on.

However, seeing LeBron's face on a Lyin' King t-shirt and all the Quitness signs was hilarious. XD

I don't fault LeBron for his choice to leave, but he did it all wrong. If anything, I'm glad that the Heat aren't the juggernaut everyone thought they'd be. They're justifying everything LA/SA/Detroit has done over the past decade or 2. Basketball is the ultimate team sport, where you don't win if you don't have 8 guys to back you up.

Top Bottom