• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, since they started doing guest characters in MK, I can certainly see this happening so long as Nintendo is willing (Microsoft seemed plenty willing).

Though, why they put Villager, Isabelle and Inklings but not Kirby, Falcon or Fox in those games yet is still beyond me.
Well Zelda, Animal Crossing, and Splatoon are Nintendo's most popular properties atm (obv besides Mario)

MisterMike

Smash Champion
The broomstick noise is when it shows Grunty, but there’s a low, kinda intense sound during the scene afterwards when it shows Banjo and Kazooie alone facing the bridge.
Oh damn, I know what that song means!
Banjo:"Hey, Kazooie, there doesn't appear to be anyone in here..."
Kazooie:"Oh, yes there is. The music's changed. Every time that happens, we always end up in a fight..."

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Well Zelda, Animal Crossing, and Splatoon are Nintendo's most popular properties atm (obv besides Mario)
Zelda is understandable, because it's only second to Mario and Splatoon is their "new shiny thing", so it makes sense for Nintendo to push it.

Kirby is bigger than Animal Crossing, though. And he's even had a racing game already, too... like, besides Falcon, he's literally the easiest choice for a racing crossover character from another Nintendo game.

Heck, back in Rosalina's trailer for Smash 4, I legit thought that Kirby was going to be announced for MK8, just because of how much sense it made.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Zelda is understandable, because it's only second to Mario and Splatoon is their "new shiny thing", so it makes sense for Nintendo to push it.

Kirby is bigger than Animal Crossing, though. And he's even had a racing game already, too... like, besides Falcon, he's literally the easiest choice for a racing crossover character from another Nintendo game.

Heck, back in Rosalina's trailer for Smash 4, I legit thought that Kirby was going to be announced for MK8, just because of how much sense it made.
Besides the MK staff being doofuses, I guess they prefer to work with first-party properties, whereas Kirby is a second-party one.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings

Kirby isn't bigger than Animal Crossing. Not even close.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Kirby's sales: 38 M

AC Sales: 33.6 M

Kirby is bigger.

EDIT: If you're wondering, the numbers are sums from Nintendo's japanese site.
Kirby has around 20 different games. AC has 4.

Last year New Leaf sold 12 million units (to date).

Star Allies has sold 2.5 mill, Triple Deluxe 2 mill, Mass Attack 1 mill, and Epic Yarn 2 mill.

Animal Crossing is a bigger franchise than Kirby rn. No question

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Kirby has around 20 different games. AC has 4.

Last year New Leaf sold 12 million units.

Star Allies has sold 2.5 mill, Triple Deluxe 2 mill, Mass Attack 1 mill, and Epic Yarn 2 mill.

Animal Crossing is a bigger franchise than Kirby rn. No question
This is like the DQ/KH discussions all over again...

I was talking about sales in the original post. Kirby is bigger in sales. That's all there is to it. Doesn't matter how the sales are distributed.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
This is like the DQ/KH discussions all over again...

I was talking about sales in the original post. Kirby is bigger in sales. That's all there is to it. Doesn't matter how the sales are distributed.
It's like saying that Batman and Superman are bigger than The Avengers. Maybe they were bigger.... but not now

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
True. Maybe in 2020, when the next AC releases, it will have more sales than Kirby.

That's not the case now, though. That was my original point.
I'll bet you my entire Red Jinjo family that New Horizons will be the best selling game on the Switch that ISNT Mario or Pokemon.

If I'm wrong, you can take every Red Jinjo I have.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I'll bet you my entire Red Jinjo family that New Horizons will be the best selling game on the Switch that ISNT Mario or Pokemon.

If I'm wrong, you can take every Red Jinjo I have.
You forgot Smash, Zelda and MK8D. Otherwise, pretty much. If it sells around the same as New Leaf, then it will become #5 among Switch titles.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Has anyone else been playing any of the Banjo games lately?

I'm working my way through Banjo-Tooie, and I'm aiming for 100%. All I have to do now is get twenty-five to thirty Jiggies (three from Grunty Industries, four or five from Jinjos, one from Jolly Roger's Lagoon, and the rest from Hailfire Peaks and Cloud Cuckooland), the Cloud Cuckooland Cheato pages, and a few Extra Honeycomb pieces, and I'll be done. I got all of the moves once I opened up all of the levels and got 800 notes, so all of the remaining items should be accessible, though some will take longer than others.

I'm not looking forward to the Canary Mary rematches, and I'll probably need to print off a map for Clinker's Cavern to cross off the Clinkers as I find them (I find it difficult to keep track of where I am, or where I've been, during the first person sections, especially when the time limit is so tight), but it should hopefully be straightforward other than those two Jiggies and that Cheato page.

I'm not going to try to 100% complete Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts after, though I might play it to get the Stop N Swop rewards and find out if Stop N Swop 2 actually does anything in Nuts & Bolts or if it's purely cosmetic for Banjo-Tooie. I've never played Perfect Dark before, though, so I might try that.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

I'm working my way through Banjo-Tooie, and I'm aiming for 100%. All I have to do now is get twenty-five to thirty Jiggies (three from Grunty Industries, four or five from Jinjos, one from Jolly Roger's Lagoon, and the rest from Hailfire Peaks and Cloud Cuckooland), the Cloud Cuckooland Cheato pages, and a few Extra Honeycomb pieces, and I'll be done. I got all of the moves once I opened up all of the levels and got 800 notes, so all of the remaining items should be accessible, though some will take longer than others.

I'm not looking forward to the Canary Mary rematches, and I'll probably need to print off a map for Clinker's Cavern to cross off the Clinkers as I find them (I find it difficult to keep track of where I am, or where I've been, during the first person sections, especially when the time limit is so tight), but it should hopefully be straightforward other than those two Jiggies and that Cheato page.

I'm not going to try to 100% complete Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts after, though I might play it to get the Stop N Swop rewards and find out if Stop N Swop 2 actually does anything in Nuts & Bolts or if it's purely cosmetic for Banjo-Tooie. I've never played Perfect Dark before, though, so I might try that.
Going to try to 100% BT. I still have my Hailfire Peaks, Cloud Cuckooland, Isle O' Hags and Cauldron Keep posts to go.

After that... based on a conversation I had with a friend about DK64 (I hate the game, he loves it), I might try my luck at 100% it.

Pray for me.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
This was from the Hero thread.

Better get those replays converted if ya want to save them!
Yeah. Thanks for the reminder. That is one of my complaints with Ultimate. I remember when it updated to Version 3, all of my replays I saved before then were gone. I had no warning. I was shocked. It's really stupid that you can't have replays from the previous versions.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Yeah. Thanks for the reminder. That is one of my complaints with Ultimate. I remember when it updated to Version 3, all of my replays I saved before then were gone. I had no warning. I was shocked. It's really stupid that you can't have replays from the previous versions.
It’s because replays aren’t videos.

Rather they’re a script telling the game to recreate these movements and this exact outcome.

Since balance updates change things, the replay could desync and not work properly, thus incompatibility.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
One month and I'm still watching Vinny's reaction.

The quiet "oh my God" and "this is where they belong" always get me.
He seems like he's genuinely emotional when he says it. When I thought Banjo & Kazooie were even a legit possibility, the reactions I wanted to see more than anyone's was Vinny at the top, followed by Panoots and Nairo. 2/3 ain't bad. I was also pleasantly surprised to see who else wanted Banjo & Kazooie--jacksfilms, seriously?! :chuckle:

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
So Papagenos made a video talking about this 4Chan Wishlist back in December 9th 2018 that mentions the Hero by name and says that Heroes 3, 4, 8 and 11 with alt skins of the other Dragon Quest heroes and it also mentions Banjo & Kazooie.

Your thoughts?

Leak.png

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
So Papagenos made a video talking about this 4Chan Wishlist back in December 9th 2018 that mentions the Hero by name and says that Heroes 3, 4, 8 and 11 with alt skins of the other Dragon Quest heroes and it also mentions Banjo & Kazooie.

Your thoughts?
I think despite the characters being a huge question mark, it's the most predictive 4chan rumor that has come out.

Even moreso than the one mentioning Erdrick and Banjo. At a time where everyone was saying Erdrick, or at most, a female alt, it would be an improbably lucky guess to not only get the number of alt characters right, but the series they came from as well--and I think people are underestimating how improbable of a guess that would have been. That being said, it's still possible it was a guess, or that they knew some legit info and sprinkled fake info as well. But I give this one a higher than 50% being true.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
While them getting the Heroes right was noticable, this is still a 4chan leak, and I'm still taking it with a grain of salt.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman

Your thoughts?

I sincerely hope that's not how this pass ends. You completely ruin a big surprise moment for the Monster Hunter character by including Monster Hunter content from launch. What could have been a great reveal essentially becomes just disappointing in my eyes. Also, I know Doomslayer would be a huge deal for some folks but to me he's just sorta...meh. Not actively rooting against him, I already got someone I care about revealed, he just does nothing for me personally.

TL;DR:

The DLC lineup so far has been stellar/surprising. If these are the last two, it ends with less than a whimper in my eyes, like every string of Smash reveals...

Last edited:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace

Your thoughts?

I'm not gonna write it off as definitely fake that just guessed right nor "has to be real", I'm just gonna keep it in the back of my mind and see what comes of it.
My thoughts on the characters specifically, I think both would fit right into Ultimate. Would be welcome additions if you ask me. Maybe it's just me but I always did and still do find it odd how Rathalos got in as a boss with no character from Monster Hunter in sight.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
While them getting the Heroes right was noticable, this is still a 4chan leak, and I'm still taking it with a grain of salt.
Turns out it wasn't even a leak/rumor, but a wishlist. Fun thing is, no matter if these rumors/leaks turn out to be true or not, I don't care.

Banjo. Is. In. Smash.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I always did and still do find it odd how Rathalos got in as a boss with no character from Monster Hunter in sight.
I never did find odd because the stars of the series so to speak are the monsters so with one getting the boss treatment nothing else was needed. Getting a fighter as DLC from the series would just be superfluous.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman

I was attempting my annual play through of the Banjo games on my N64 and I decided to try to 100% Tooie for the first time, I did most of the game, 100%ing all the levels except Cloud CuckooLand and Jolly Rogers Lagoon. I quit on the Minigame underwater where you need to shoot fish and save the pig dude. Aiming underwater while swimming is generally fine but add the time pressure and random fish spawns and thats a had no from me.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Pokemon is bigger than all of those franchises combined minus Mario of course.

Pokemon's sales are over 340 million making it the 2nd highest grossing video game franchise in the world just only being topped by the Mario franchise in sales.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon is bigger than all of those franchises combined minus Mario of course.

Pokemon's sales are over 340 million making it the 2nd highest grossing video game franchise in the world just only being topped by the Mario franchise in sales.
Hopefully that changes with Sword and Shield so GameFreak start either outsourcing Pokemon again or get their heads out of their *** and put their full attention on Pokemon and get a bigger team to make these games.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
-_- Doubt Sword & Shield would sell too many. You know, no National Dex.
Honestly I don't mind the lack of National Dex, I think they need to focus on just regional Pokemon if they can't port them all across and then make their animations more emotive like Pokemon Colosseum. Unfortunately because it has Pokemon as its games title it will still sell relatively well.

I want to see GameFreak outsource Pokemon to a veteran JRPG producer for a good story and maybe more interactivity. Currently the only good thing about Pokemon is the amazing battle system but they keep introducing dumb mechanics that will probably produce lag and have really long animations. I just want a wholesome Pokemon experience with a Final Fantasy level of story telling, and no more rivals that are all goody-too-shoes. GameFreak needs to make games that actually pander to the audience, which are the now Adults that grew up playing Pokemon - Keep the 'Let's Go ..." Series for the Kids and make a more in depth RPG for the adults.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Honestly I don't mind the lack of National Dex, I think they need to focus on just regional Pokemon if they can't port them all across and then make their animations more emotive like Pokemon Colosseum. Unfortunately because it has Pokemon as its games title it will still sell relatively well.

I want to see GameFreak outsource Pokemon to a veteran JRPG producer for a good story and maybe more interactivity. Currently the only good thing about Pokemon is the amazing battle system but they keep introducing dumb mechanics that will probably produce lag and have really long animations. I just want a wholesome Pokemon experience with a Final Fantasy level of story telling, and no more rivals that are all goody-too-shoes. GameFreak needs to make games that actually pander to the audience, which are the now Adults that grew up playing Pokemon - Keep the 'Let's Go ..." Series for the Kids and make a more in depth RPG for the adults.
Well, if they remove Shiny Pokemon, then they won't sell. They already removed Megas and Z Moves, Shiny Pokemon is the only special feature left that is hugely popular, who's to say they won't remove Shiny Pokemon?

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Okay, so not only does the Hero look pretty neat and not only does Dragon Quest seem to have better representation than Final Fantasy for some reason, the Hero is apparently releasing TODAY! That's pretty cool!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Okay, so not only does the Hero look pretty neat and not only does Dragon Quest seem to have better representation than Final Fantasy for some reason, the Hero is apparently releasing TODAY! That's pretty cool!
Which is wonderful for us because Banjo & Kazooie are next in line. :)

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I'm so excited for the Hero and the 4.0 update! Gonna try and download it around lunch time when I can head home from work for an hour! Still sad Banjo & Kazooie's page on the Smash Bros. Ultimate website is inaccessible. I hope and pray whenever they reveal the next fighter (maybe this upcoming month in a Nintendo Direct?) that their page will FINALLY be accessible. Of course, of all the characters in Smash history to be in Smash, their page has to be the one who you can't access smh. I hope its because their hiding some cool alternate colors, moves/unique fighter traits, and/or tons of fun references to their own games.

HyruleHero

Smash Journeyman
One of the best things about Nintendo is the instant release content they do when they show stuff (although more notification on the date would have been nice).
I'm really keen to play as Hero in Ultimate I'm a little disappointed in how Luminary (Eleven) looks though, the other models look alive but Luminary looks similar to Chrom with the more lifeless model. Unfortunate but I was only really going to play as the other Hero's anyway.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm so excited for the Hero and the 4.0 update! Gonna try and download it around lunch time when I can head home from work for an hour! Still sad Banjo & Kazooie's page on the Smash Bros. Ultimate website is inaccessible. I hope and pray whenever they reveal the next fighter (maybe this upcoming month in a Nintendo Direct?) that their page will FINALLY be accessible. Of course, of all the characters in Smash history to be in Smash, their page has to be the one who you can't access smh. I hope its because their hiding some cool alternate colors, moves/unique fighter traits, and/or tons of fun references to their own games.
It would be so cool to see Dragon Kazooie as a alt.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So, since they specifically took time to talk about amiibo in the presentation... I'm really thinking they're tied to the Challenger Pack updates, after all. That would mean late September/early October for Banjo and Kazooie.

Also, we might not get as many costumes with them as we did with Joker (Hero is only coming with four costumes).

Top Bottom