• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
After all the Majora's Mask images we've been doing in the last 72 hours, I feel this one is the most appropriate right now:

I'm never asking for anything ever again.

Also, are we going to send a letter to Nintendo like some K. Rool fans did, with the usernames of the people on this thread? If so, please put mine among the signatures.

Last edited:

Gekkouga

Smash Cadet
Can we talk about how perfect this is? They kept the original voices, the GUH-HUHs and the BREEEEEE's. The PERFECT design choice. I couldn't ask for more.

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
So relieved they don't have the Nuts and Bolts design. What a dodged bullet, Sakurai knows what he's doing.
Anyone else gonna spend the rest of the day mashing replay on their reveal and watching live reacts :4diddy:?

So that's where K. Rool had been all these years, sleeping in DK's treehouse!

Spine tingling scenes there BKupa, thanks for sharing.

It's 3am in Australia, still buzzing!

Still can't believe it, we've reached the promised land! K. Rool, Ridley and now Banjo & Kazooie, mind boggling.

How cute were the old Rare crew cheering, really hit home there, right in the feels. DK and Diddy were adorable. And the squinting... 'is it really... them, they look familiar?!?' Amazing reveal which oozed charm and charisma that Rare and Nintendo are well known for. Perfect!

Erdricks reveal was well done too.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I never, EVER want to hear anyone say Sakurai doesn’t care about the fans ever again. This game is ****ing legendary.

We ****ing did it, guys.

I wish I could go back and tell little me in 2002 during the buyout that everything would be OK one day.

****, I’m still crying.

LMatt

Smash Rookie
I can't stop watching the trailer.

We got everything: Jiggys, Guh-Huhs, Wees, Brees, Gruntilda, Jinjos, Bottles (alive), eggs, feathers, all characters cheering when they appeared, Spiral Mountain in full HD glory and, of course, the charisma and goofiness of Banjo and Kazooie themselves.

This is truly the ULTIMATE Smash Bros

Mr.Boo

Smash Cadet
I knew you guys would get your bear and bird! Will you be sending this letter to Microsoft, too? Great things get done in pairs after all!

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
After all these years they're finally here. Been waiting for this day since Melee. Also congrats!

Toodaluu

Smash Rookie
NNID
toodaluu
Switch FC
SW 5255 4928 2692
I absolutely love seeing that this thread is no longer in "Newcomer Speculation".

I'm stoked to play them this Fall!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I'm having trouble processing that this is actually reality.

This is the kind of thing I would dream about back in the days of Melee and now it's actually happening.

...just wow.

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
What'd I tell you guys? Have some faith.
I apologize for anything bad I ever said about Vergeben.
With Erdrick being revealed now, I think he has an alibi for everything Smash related as well. The only thing we haven't seen is Minecraft content.

20 damn years. So who wants to get that thank you note started?
My thoughts, exactly.

Nothing video game related will top this for me ever.
You should update the GIF in your signature, as well.

StormC

Smash Hero
Congrats to the people who have campaigned for this since the ballot. You're the real heroes.

I was deflated after the Luminary reveal (nothing against him) but oh man... I screamed at the Banjo trailer.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I called that double reveal! There was no way they were going to show Dragon Quest on its own at E3.

Nintendo was totally trolling us with that Duck Hunt bit in the trailer, but I knew it was Banjo-Kazooie as soon as they showed the Rare crew back together.

Shinobi also continues his excellent track record, and hell, this even gives Vergeben some redemption as well. Although we still haven't seen that Minecraft content unless there's Mii costumes.

Nintendo totally won E3 as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice
I just read through all the posts since the reveal and was struck with emotion all over again. What a wonderful community that's endured for nearly 20 years. Today was immensely surreal. I still remember being super naive and wondering why B&K weren't in the first smash game thinking they were these super huge Nintendo characters. Then the reality of copyrights and acquisitions set in as a teenager and as an adult there was just a lot of lost faith among many smash players that our bear and bird would ever make it in. Ever.

Now we're finally seeing them on a Nintendo console again and a part of smash no less. Not gonna lie, I feel an immense sense of closure for a big part of my childhood. RareWare on Nintendo was everything back then and then it just unceremoniously ended. Gone just like that around 2002. DKC2 is my favorite game, so to see my smash main Diddy help usher in the welcome wagon back home to an old friend just really felt... whole.

Big thanks to Sakurai for FINALLY making me feel like a big part of my childhood really is a part of gaming history. It's not just a win, it's validation.

Banjo and Kazooie are gaming icons!

That single tear became a lot of tears :')

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Major congratulations to all you Banjo-Kazooie supporters, and thanks for helping to make this happen. They weren't my top choice, but I truly love the Banjo games and am stoked to finally get to play as them in Smash!

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Congrats. After 20 years, it finally happened. Enjoy this moment.
Yes, everyone are here... well, almost everyone.

We still need to get Dixie Kong in there with the Rare gang.

So hyped to see Banjo-Kazooie come home after all these years. I laughed out loud when I saw Duck Hunt Dog in that trailer. That is exactly what Duck Hunt Dog should have done whenever he wins a match. So funny to see the duck laughing along with the dog.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
All i can say is it has been a crazy trip but we finally made it. Thank you Nintendo, Sakurai, and Microsoft/Rare. Really looking forward to the fall and to seeing what music and spirits we may be getting as well.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Their Amiibo is going to shine next to my K. Rool one
The Banjo amiibo will probably be scalped to hell, once those Pre-orders go up, the Apocalypse begins.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
You want to know my most favorite thing about the whole trailer?

I didn't expect them to do that. But boy, did I feel some euphoria when they joined to all of us for the return of the Bear and the Breegull.

It truly is beautiful.

Last edited:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
If this Smash Brothers doesn't show everyone that Nintendo and Sakurai do care about the fans, I really don't think anything ever will. Seriously, Sakurai cares. Add Rare and Microsoft to that as well for letting it happen.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
You all did it. Congratulations Banjo fans. Hope to see more western platformer mascots in Smash.

Steve: "I am... inevitable.
Banjo:

Top Bottom