• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
T-there’s just so much to unpack....

-No animal noises.
-Our very first Western 3rd party.
-Grotesque Steve has died for good.
-The Grinch leak finally paid off with unfortunate sacrifices.
-No N&B design as expected.
-Relevance argument is DEAD
Eh... I think "recency" argument (which is what you mean with relevance) was out last year.
Also, Steve isn't out... there is no rule against two characters from a company, and they arent even the same company if Banjo is considered Rare.

BUT I'm not here to crush. I'm excited as well.

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
I reacted so diffrently then I thought I would, I am in complete dissbaleaf ! I feel like I am going through shock ! OMG IM SO HAPPY !

my computer was broken so i just had to film myself with a web cam

I feel like I can die happy now !

& Banjo dose look a bit lanky LOL Love his new modern look ! thanks Sakurai & smash team <3 #73 !

Last edited:

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
Well, with K. Rool and now Banjo & Kazooie in Smash, I've gotten both my #1 most wanted first and third party characters. B&K being someone I thought was completely impossible until very recently.
Not to mention the fantastic bonus of The Hero. I have a lot of respect for Dragon Quest. This is a damn good day.

Honestly, there isn't really anyone else I have a strong desire to see in Smash at this point. And I'm not just exagerating because of post-reveal hype. The roster is truly Ultimate for me.

To everyone who still has a character they really really want, I wish you the best of luck!

Last edited:

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
This is the best smash bros news since Sonic

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
Banjo to Duck Hunt at the beginning of the reveal trailer:

"You could not live with your own failure. Where did that bring you?"
D8ukBtBUcAAlZvJ.png

"Back to Me"

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Y'know I'm still in disbelief.

Especially since Microsoft themselves are now in the copyright section.

Crazy no?

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I have no words. No freaking words to describe this moment. June 11th, 2019 is a day that will go down in infamy like October 10th, 2007 when Sonic the Hedgehog was first revealed for Brawl. I cannot believe this day has finally come. Years of the beloved backpacking bear and bird buddies wallowing in forced video game retirement and obscurity while other games made huge comebacks and even being supplanted by well-intentioned but pale imitations of Banjo & Kazooie had made me lose all but the slightest glimmer of hope. Sakurai, Nintendo, and Phil Spencer have made this 29-year-old Nintendo 64 fanboy the happiest he has been in a VERY long time. We have been finally validated, Banjo-Roos. I think this is where I leave you all, for the time being, as my mission here has finally been completed. I beat Banjo-Kazooie the other day thinking, maybe this might help bring some good luck and faith their way. I never imagined it would pay off and we would all be brought the most amazing of news. I love you all and am so thankful we got to hope and fear and cry and cheer and finally FINALLY see the bear and bird make their return at long last.

These pictures are everything I could of hoped for (THEY EVEN USED 'RARING TO GO' AS THEIR TAGLINE, I LITERALLY HAD THAT AS MY GO-TO TAGLINE FOR THEM WAY LAST YEAR) and I truly believe Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is now truly the Ultimate game. Banjo & Kazooie are now OFFICIALLY part of the video game hall of fame.

600px-Banjo-Kazooie_SSBU.jpg
Banjo-Kazooie are Raring to Go!.jpg

Last edited:

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
Congrats guys/gals, I know a lot of people have been waiting for this for forever and I'm very happy for all of you!

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m glad I could be here in our time of darkness to show you that there was still hope.

Clearly you should listen to me more/s :p

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Giving me Banjo and then Zelda 2020 right after… at least invite me to dinner first Nintendo!

yani

Smash Lord
I can't believe it! I'm so happy!! That trailer was absolutely amazing. So happy our favorite duo is back where they belong. <3

Last edited:

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
>the grinch got the last laugh at the end

What a ****ing beautiful timeline, lads. The grinch may have lost the battle back in November, but he came back to win the war; the war to bring our bear and bird back.

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
>the grinch got the last laugh at the end

What a ****ing beautiful timeline, lads. The grinch may have lost the battle back in November, but he came back to win the war; the war to bring our bear and bird back.

Lol Sakurai retconning the Grinch leak

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I’m conflicted. I feel like it was good to show The Hero off first. But on the other hand we have to wait till Fall to play as Banjo.

It’s also really funny how Erdrick was leaked. But not really. Because he is just a skin,

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
No more having to hear "muh relevancy" and "muh sales" form the naysayers. From this moment on, banjo's is a smash character. And in future installment, he's a vet.

And you know what vets are immune to?

Relevancy.

Id never thought I'd say this after Microsoft bought out rare...

"It's good to be a banjo kazooie fan."

Last edited:

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Just passing by to congratulate you guys on the announcement.

Since this is a requested character from a long time, I can see the success after going through such a long path.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I AM NOW READY TO DRAW A PICTURE OF BANJO & KAZOOIE's APPEARANCE IN SMASH BROS BY HAVING THE XBOX CHARACTERS CELEBRATE FOR HIM....sorry i just can't stop feeling Excited!!!

Top Bottom