• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
They're HEEERRREEEEEE!! Holy hell I wasn't ready!

Congrats to you all, another one for the Rare klan! Another childhood hero I always wanted, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Congrats, we all made it out! And the memes have started to flow.

-snip, censor dodging-

Last edited by a moderator:

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
Especially since Microsoft themselves are now in the copyright section.
Trying to do some analysis:
Does Mircosoft have popular cartoonic mascot character on hand to put in Smash?
Or because Banjo is the remaining memorable franchise that relates to Nintendo the most (either in game history or in consoles)?

Steve of Minecraft seems to be the only other choice when it has to be cartoonic / released on Nintendo consoles and also strongly remembered in game industry. I also see Lucky from Super Lucky's Tale (as new sequel confirmed in this direct too), but I guess he couldn't make much DLC money.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
In the span of one reveal we now have more Dragon Quest characters then Fire Emblem. And they are all clones of each other smh

Noipoi

Howdy!
I remember thinking at the beginning of the direct
“oh god, I’m gonna get back and the thread’s gonna be a depressed blob...”

So glad I was wrong!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
hello all users and guests.

Banjo-Kazooie, Erdrick, and real Steve from Minecraft are currently banishing 4chan Steve to the Nether realm.

please celebrate the Rare Duo's return with us.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
We finally defeated Grotesque Steve! Who's relevant now?

D

Deleted member

I was literally screaming during the reveal and I still can't believe it. The one character that I wanted to see but has always deemed impossible is now in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. I'm so hyped! I am EXTREMELY hyped!

How do you top this? HOW DO YOU TOP THESE THREE CHARACTERS?!

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Super Smash Bros is the best thing that’s ever happened to me

I don’t know if that’s setting a low ceiling or a high floor on the joy in my life

But I’m living through this and it feels good and I’m thankful for it

So damn happy for all of us

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Oh hey, if a thank-you note is really gonna be a thing, put my name in there too, please and thank you. :)

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
190 people hoo boy looks like Everyone really is Here and not just in Smash Ultimate! Seriously though, I deleted my account but this moment was too great to not come back on here and congratulate! So congratulations Banjo fans your victory has finally been achieved after so, So long! It's really incredible to see history like this in the making through sheer fan demand and a constant push Banjo is finally, Finally back in the spotlight! Three down, Two more to go. Here's hoping Geno can make it to Smash alongside his fellow fan demanded character Banjo!

Seriously, This is incredible and I'm really proud to call myself a Banjo Fan, Maybe not as much as you all but I still consider myself a Banjo Fan! Congratulations all we finally did it! Banjo is finally where he belongs, With his Nintendo family! I'm really happy for you all. This is incredible. Once again, Congratulations!

Cheers!

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Sorry for the negativty before.
I'M CRYING, THEY'RE PERFECT
They truly are...

I kinda wanted to make a comparison to my friend that had same feelings about Incineroar not showing up back around Grinch Leak's prime, but once again, looks like it's an unexpectedly happy ending~!

dinkeytom

Smash Apprentice
There will be Minecraft and possibly Halo content. Notice how the copyright says Microsoft and not Rare.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
I'm just worried that once the shock of him being in the game has died down a bit we'll just be left to say "okay...what now?" for four or five months

it's kinda hard to just piece together his entire existence tier outlook and what not one trailer

grizby2

Smash Lord
My Banjo Kazooie Reaction skip to 38:20

I reacted so diffrently then I thought I would, I am in complete dissbaleaf ! I feel like I am going through shock ! OMG IM SO HAPPY !

my computer was broken so i just had to film myself with a web cam

I feel like I can die happy now !

& Banjo dose look a bit lanky LOL Love his new modern look ! thanks Sakurai & smash team <3 #73 !
I basically had the same reaction as you did with both characters! except I had the misfortune of waking up everyone in my house... BUT I DONT CARE! ITS BANJO! WWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!~~~

T2by4

Smash Lord
Screenshot_20190611-105238_YouTube.png

I love how the trailer really emphasized their friendship. They REALLY put a lot of love into the trailer.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Banjo & Kazooie are finally coming home. But...I have a very small worry. What if something happens to Nintendo and Microsoft's current partnership that forces them to cancel Banjo's return? Sorry to bother you all with this.

xwingz900

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai has blessed us today, I have never been more happy to be a smash bros fan!!!

Top Bottom