• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I want to believe Banjo & Kazooie are coming. I really do. They're my most wanted character left (They were #2 behind Ridley). But that Grinch Leak still hurts.

Also, I'd probably be pretty peeved if Sans from Undertale got into Smash.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Sabi said this:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I'm guessing she's gonna share stuff on Sunday if not sooner.

Also there's this someone posted as a reply, which I'm sharing because why not:

I'm sure it's just good artwork and editing, but not gonna lie, I'd be hyped for Sans.
People also thought that the Grinch leak was real. This is fake. A well done fake, but still fake.

I don't think the banner is something that will be ever be leaked beforehand.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m taking Push’s advice and going dark for the next few days, don’t want the big day to be spoiled.

By the time I come back Banjo’s fate will be revealed. Is it a new game? Is he finally in Smash? Whatever it is I hope it’s good!

Good luck Banjoroos, and happy E3!

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
People also thought that the Grinch leak was real. This is fake. A well done fake, but still fake.

I don't think the banner is something that will be ever be leaked beforehand.
The sans picture is fake. It has nothing to do with what Sabi is hinting. We are waiting for the info to reach us very soon before the event happens, most likely a day before.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that Push knows something, he's not an insider, it's what he always says, be careful with the hype. He talks about Smash most, but not only, and the thing is that some big leaks are happening (Ubisoft, a classic
, THQ...). Leaks more detailed than 'smashing time with Banjo'. It could reach to Nintendo during these days.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I'm fine with leaks--I don't like the wait. But once I hear Banjo & Kazooie's definitely in/out, then I'll be fine ignoring leaks.

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
I legit am probably just going to tough it out and risk it. The way I see it, there are three outcomes:

1) Nothing is leaked definitively. E3 arrives, and whoever is announced is announced
2) Banjo is definitively leaked (render/footage/etc.). I'm somewhat bummed I got it spoiled, but it's immensely overshadowed by the Banjo hype.
3) Banjo is deconfirmed (at least for E3, by other character(s) getting leaked). Heavily disappointed, but at least I know that going into E3.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
i feel like people maybe banking too hard on these rumors that banjo's in smash and I'm ready to see a lot of disappointed faces
Do you always have to talk about the negative side of things? Because it get's pretty old fast.

A Level for Banjo Threeiee ? WELL

Mount Fire eyes ! I think it was called ? the lava level gobi talked about
Grunty's Air Port
A realistic city like new donk
a old old fashioned level with a cup head look maybe a black & white as well as a colored side
a horror level with FPS segments like in tooie fighting zombies kinda like resident evil
a "scraped" Log wolrd for BKN&B the only world where you can build & rid cars
a giant Xmass tree as 4X as big as CCW
a candy land
a pirate level were we fight captain black eye
a jack & the beanstalk level
a level that takes place inside loggo's sewers

OK now what new trasfermations do you guys want to see in a new banjo game ???
Mount Fire Eyes became the fire side of Hailfire Peaks in Tooie so I wouldn't count that.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
So I have a question for yall, would you rather have Banjo-Threeie or a remake of the first two games like Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy or Spyro Reignited Trilogy?

I feel like Banjo-Threeie is long overdue but a remake in the style of those two games would help re-establish the IP I feel. Plus I never played those old games, so if it comes to Switch I'll give them a try.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
So I have a question for yall, would you rather have Banjo-Threeie or a remake of the first two games like Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy or Spyro Reignited Trilogy?

I feel like Banjo-Threeie is long overdue but a remake in the style of those two games would help re-establish the IP I feel. Plus I never played those old games, so if it comes to Switch I'll give them a try.
Personally, I don't think Rare has it in them to make a good Banjo-Kazooie game now. They could give it to other developers, but it's risky (and if Rare doesn't care about old franchises, then Microsoft should sell them to someone who does already).

Ideally, they'd recreate the original two games N-Sane trilogy style--keep the mechanics the same, add optional stuff, fresh coat of paint. If it sells well, they could make a Threeie with the basics done--then have three games with a consistent updated style. But if one or the other, just recreate the old games--I know they're going to be good.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Well I am gonna go to bed. Nothing has come out yet. But if I wake up and have 10+ pages to look through here I will get the memo on what happened.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman

Pretty much what CosmicQuark CosmicQuark said. The writers, designers, and composer who worked on B-K and B-T have long since left Rare. Many of them are at Playtonic, which released spiritual successor Yooka-Laylee two years ago to mixed reception and are announcing something tomorrow (probably YL2 or a different game). If they (they being Rare, Playtonic, or whoever) announce a Banjo-Threeie I'm going to meet it with very heavy skepticism.

Ironically I want Banjo in Smash more than either of the two options, but regardless of how that turns out, I would prefer a Kazooie+Tooie remake. Basically give it the Crash/Spyro treatment like you said, as long as it's on Switch or even PC so I can actually play it. Ideally it's the same games with a fresh coat of paint. If I could be greedy, maybe they properly implement Stop 'n' Swop as well after twenty years with rewards like new moves or some other easter egg. I know the Xbox 360 ports did have Stop n Swop, but I would hope for something a little more substantial than an Xbox 360 profile picture and theme, lol.

Last edited:

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
Anyone got any new news? (Probably not but thought I’d ask anyway, we’re probably at a point that we’re just waiting for confirmation from Nintendo on Banjo’s inclusion)

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

I'm gonna be honest. While I'd love remakes, it's the least exciting Banjo return IMO. I still play the first 2 games every year or so and I love them to death, they look great and they're still playable so if they were identical then it wouldn't really give me much in the way of new Banjo to look forward to.

I still believe it should happen, but out of a remake, Smash and Threeie, it's my least favorite. Unless they did something like padding out Grunty's Revenge into a full 3D experience then it's by far the least exciting potential Banjo return for me.

Just give us Smash and the rest will fall into place.

ze9

Smash Ace
I'm starting to get tired of all this hinting, teasing, alluding...
If I ever become a leaker I'll be sure to share what I know as soon as I know it, and only if I'm 100% sure of it. Otherwise I'll just stay silent.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I'm starting to get tired of all this hinting, teasing, alluding...
If I ever become a leaker I'll be sure to share what I know as soon as I know it, and only if I'm 100% sure of it. Otherwise I'll just stay silent.
I had an opportunity where I could have been a fake leaker. Leading up to Smash 4's 2nd E3, to myself I guessed that the reveals would be Miis, Palutena and Pac-man. I even had it in that order. Then to my surprise, that was E3 and in that order even.

But if I posted it, even as a joke, I could have passed myself off as someone with inside information despite my guess being lucky guesses and piggybacking off other leaks.

But I have no insider connections.

Anyway, this E3 will be Banjo, Dixie, Geno, 8 Dragon Quest alt character, Pink Gold Marth, new amiibos of all Koopalings and Ultimate redesigns, an amiibo stand amiibo, an amiibo of Mario holding the amiibo stand amiibo, and Cloud will get his English VA but can only speak latin.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
It doesn't look like any big news has broken yet otherwise this thread would have had ten pages overnight.

I'm tired of the mind games that these leakers are playing right now. Either they should tell us or they don't.

Right now the only trustworthy one is Shinobi who is at least very direct with his leaks and hints. I trust him far more than any other leaker.

Last edited:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Not sure about Sakurai and Nintendo's ability to shift goalposts around, but I wouldn't be surprised if Banjo doesn't get announced in E3.

From now until the end of E3, there are many ways I think this thread can go.

A.): Banjo and Erdrick are revealed, both threads celebrate and their support threads become character social threads. Others breathe a sigh of relief as the long-running discussions about Erdrick and a Microsoft character are finally over.

B.): Banjo is revealed, but Erdrick is not. This thread celebrates and later becomes the character social thread. DQ fans (me included) continue hold on to our saviour Tansut for the imminent arrival of the hero.

C.): Erdrick is revealed, but Banjo is not. This thread burns, even more so if non-Smash related stuff for Banjo is announced for Switch. After the flames are fanned, we discuss whether several insiders were telling the truth regarding Banjo's inclusion and/or reveal at E3. Some wonder if Banjo is still in.

D.): Neither Erdrick nor Banjo is revealed, but a completely different character that no one really talked about gets in (Think Joker). The reaction in C. still occurs because people hinted at Banjo in Smash.

E.): No reveals at E3. Pure madness.

Note: (B or C) and D. can occur at the same time.

Last edited:

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I feel like Banjo being announced at E3 is his best chance of getting in than in a few months. This is a big show for western audiences, and you would think they'd want to cater to that.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
I feel like Banjo being announced at E3 is his best chance of getting in than in a few months. This is a big show for western audiences, and you would think they'd want to cater to that.
I always felt a character from a rival company (Sony and Microsoft) was either E3-worthy material or Game Awards-worthy material. If Banjo doesn't show up this week, then I think the Game Awards would be his next big bet.

ze9

Smash Ace
Banjo can only reallybe announced at E3, in my opinion.
Not specifically because of Banjo being a big deal, but because, if he's in, he'll certainly be a part of Nintendo and Microsoft's collaboration. And that one is E3 material.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I always felt a character from a rival company (Sony and Microsoft) was either E3-worthy material or Game Awards-worthy material. If Banjo doesn't show up this week, then I think the Game Awards would be his next big bet.
E3 is Microsoft's biggest showing of the year. The Game Awards I think would make sense for Doomslayer or perhaps a Bandai Namco character.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Personally, I don't think Rare has it in them to make a good Banjo-Kazooie game now. They could give it to other developers, but it's risky (and if Rare doesn't care about old franchises, then Microsoft should sell them to someone who does already).

Ideally, they'd recreate the original two games N-Sane trilogy style--keep the mechanics the same, add optional stuff, fresh coat of paint. If it sells well, they could make a Threeie with the basics done--then have three games with a consistent updated style. But if one or the other, just recreate the old games--I know they're going to be good.
There is one who might care. The bear and bird's original home, :) Nintendo.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Not sure about Sakurai and Nintendo's ability to shift goalposts around, but I wouldn't be surprised if Banjo doesn't get announced in E3.

From now until the end of E3, there are many ways I think this thread can go.

A.): Banjo and Erdrick are revealed, both threads celebrate and their support threads become character social threads. Others breathe a sigh of relief as the long-running discussions about Erdrick and a Microsoft character are finally over.

B.): Banjo is revealed, but Erdrick is not. This thread celebrates and later becomes the character social thread. DQ fans (me included) continue hold on to our saviour Tansut for the imminent arrival of the hero.

C.): Erdrick is revealed, but Banjo is not. This thread burns, even more so if non-Smash related stuff for Banjo is announced for Switch. After the flames are fanned, we discuss whether several insiders were telling the truth regarding Banjo's inclusion and/or reveal at E3. Some wonder if Banjo is still in.

D.): Neither Erdrick nor Banjo is revealed, but a completely different character that no one really talked about gets in (Think Joker). The reaction in C. still occurs because people hinted at Banjo in Smash.

E.): No reveals at E3. Pure madness.

Note: (B or C) and D. can occur at the same time.
The way Shinobi leaked Banjo is like how he leaked the ultimate tease: he does it very close to the actual reveals. Plus, he specifically mentions E3. It will happen at E3 if its true. By Tuesday the latest, we will know

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
F) We all die before E3 by a meteor-crash... I hope that won't be happening.
G) DLC is cancelled, killing us all.
In other words: "Everyone is dead" and "**** you and never ask me for anything ever again".

Invitational is tomorrow, by the way. Not holding my breath, but anything is possible at this point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think that a dual reveal is possible looking at past E3 events which featured at least 2 newcomers.

Top Bottom