• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
You'd better change that name before the Mouse gets litigious.
The Mouse? Oh, looked it up, forgot about Guardians. :p It means big, and it's a big bat. I'd think what would get more trouble is Hagwarts Tower. But a lot is temporary, always looking for better ideas to improve it.

Perhaps I should make Groot a mouse instead of a bat. :chuckle:

A Level for Banjo Threeiee ? WELL

Mount Fire eyes ! I think it was called ? the lava level gobi talked about
Grunty's Air Port
A realistic city like new donk
a old old fashioned level with a cup head look maybe a black & white as well as a colored side
a horror level with FPS segments like in tooie fighting zombies kinda like resident evil
a "scraped" Log wolrd for BKN&B the only world where you can build & rid cars
a giant Xmass tree as 4X as big as CCW
a candy land
a pirate level were we fight captain black eye
a jack & the beanstalk level
a level that takes place inside loggo's sewers

OK now what new trasfermations do you guys want to see in a new banjo game ???
Different game, but The Lost Vikings (SNES, Genesis, DOS) did a Candy Land world really well:

Something like that would fit the BK aesthetics nicely.

Would love a city/skyscraper level too.

Anyway...hopeful that we'll get further clarification on everything soon, am tentative that things can change quickly so I'm not as up and about as some.

But paws, claws and wings crossed that it'll be bear and bird's time to shine, its been a long time coming!

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Tbh I would hope that shantae still has some sort of chance, especially with her new game coming out (not that it would mean anything) and y e s, reimu joining is another great female choice of mine next to shantae and kasumi.(I think I'm one of the few people who want kasumi oof.)
Reimu would be such a great choice. a SHMUP rep and an Indie/Doujin rep. She has been around for ages, has a ton of games, and is the face of the japanese Doujin scene. Heck, I bet many current japanese programers started with making touhou fan games.

Kasumi from DoA? She would be a great rep from that series, i just feel she has a lot of competition from Ryu Hyabusa, as he also reps Ninja Giaden, a classic NES series.

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
I remember when this thread first opened up and man has it grown! Really excited to at least get some new Banjo. Whether that is a game, smash dlc or both. I've noticed a lot of people saying they don't want to hype themselves up, and I can't blame them. I know the hurt friends. It's just that you don't get a lot of opportunities to be this excited about Banjo-Kazooie. This week has been a long ride and it isn't even E3 yet! Something new seems to be on the horizon, and that alone is exciting.

*I haven't been on here in a while, just wanted to say hello during this crazy ride. :)

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
I've been on vacation since Sunday and holy **** did stuff happen. I really feel like we are gonna get some real news for once this E3 but I don't wanna put too much hope into it

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
I always wonder how this leak business happens and the exchange of info. There’s absolutely exclusive discord’s for insiders, but how many are masquerading?

I honestly always have to wonder if there are people out there who trade “info” with real insiders that are completely false, and then get real info in return and report on it first. Or only got real info once by chance, therefor making them appear as a continuous insider. Take Loz18 for example, who clearly knew someone with access to Smash Ultimate E3 build but then completely loss all credibility after he mentioned Skull Kid and Isaac being playable. The left (twice) the face of the internet after getting blacklisted

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
View attachment 226319
View attachment 226320

The memes from all this is going to be glorious.
Ah the ultimate irony. He's using a screenshot from a prominent show when the baby boomer generation, a.k.a. my parent's generation, was young in the 60's.
So after Banjo & Kazooie, who will be y'all's number 1 wanted character? For me it's Goemon.
After Banjo & Kazooie get in, my remaining top two will be Waluigi and Dixie Kong plus they are both very prominent characters that should in be in Smash by now. Right now, my top 10 is as follows.
1a. Banjo & Kazooie
1b. Waluigi
1c. Dixie Kong
4. Isaac
5. Dr. Robotnik
6. Funky Kong
7. Gruntilda
8. Captain Syrup
9. Black Shadow
10. Knuckles
Captain Syrup or Princess Shokora.
really like Wario Land btw

............uh.......so is there any anime grill that you guys suggest for my inevitable profile picture change?
Oooh I found one for you!
:troll:

Brothanigus

Smash Apprentice
A Level for Banjo Threeiee ? WELL

Mount Fire eyes ! I think it was called ? the lava level gobi talked about
Grunty's Air Port
A realistic city like new donk
a old old fashioned level with a cup head look maybe a black & white as well as a colored side
a horror level with FPS segments like in tooie fighting zombies kinda like resident evil
a "scraped" Log wolrd for BKN&B the only world where you can build & rid cars
a giant Xmass tree as 4X as big as CCW
a candy land
a pirate level were we fight captain black eye
a jack & the beanstalk level
a level that takes place inside loggo's sewers

OK now what new trasfermations do you guys want to see in a new banjo game ???

How can you forget Clanker? Maybe have a level out at sea, where there is a city or town being held above the water with stilts. And to get to each section of the city you'll have to ride Clanker(He'll just continuously circle around the islands.)

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
It's pretty amazing how quickly resetera turned around to the idea. They were 100% on the Steve side since Verge said Minecraft content.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
They did a Ridleyify your avatar before his reveal.
And a K. Roolify your avatar befoe his reveal as well.
Going for 3 for 3?
Technically, we're going for 3 for 4, as they mention a Skull Kid one.

(whoops, I talked about it)

I'm gonna Banjo and Kazooify my avatar. *does nothing* It looks so beautiful.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I might Banjo Kazooiefy my avatar.

Though what should (or could) even be done to it?

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if I'll be able to watch the Xbox conference live but if I am I'll be sweating bullets the whole time. I'm trying to not get my hopes up but I'm having trouble. This happens every year.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Just remember what happened with the "Grinch Leak". Don't count all your chicken's before they hatch!

Even though I haven't played any of the Banjo Kazooie games; I do want to see them in! They deserve it! However, be cautious!

:nervous:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834

Crossposting from the General Speculation Thread in case anyone hear is just for Banjo. If you don't want to get spoiled, now might be the best time to get off the speculation train.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Was just about to say that I was probably going to go full social-media-blackout until next Tuesday, and was wondering whether to do it today or tomorrow. Hmm.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Welp... guess tomorrow till next Tuesday I’m only going online for game guides.

I’ll still showcase an attempt at a Banjo Kazooie-fied avatar though.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

Crossposting from the General Speculation Thread in case anyone hear is just for Banjo. If you don't want to get spoiled, now might be the best time to get off the speculation train.
I wonder what leaked yesterday he is talking about. And Sabi and all them said they wouldn't be getting the direct news till closer to Tuesday. Push knows something got out. Does this mean that everyone got news even earlier then expected. Ah man I don't know if I want to soak it all in or go social media blackout.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
I wonder what leaked yesterday he is talking about. And Sabi and all them said they wouldn't be getting the direct news till closer to Tuesday. Push knows something got out. Does this mean that everyone got news even earlier then expected. Ah man I don't know if I want to soak it all in or go social media blackout.
He may be talking about non-Nintendo E3 stuff, which, while I don't know the specifics of it, I know there's been some things coming out in that regard. My take is to err on the side of caution and cut the cord so that when the day comes, my elation or ABSOLUTE, CRUSHING DISAPPOINTMENT can be as pure as possible.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Dang! I am mainly here for Smash stuff, but if anything else gets out, I'll duck out.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
What leaked is something we can dream about.

As for goin media blackout mode, here is my strategy:
1. Avoid Twitter/Facebook
2. Don’t play Steam games (TF2) as usernames can change to anything
3. If you go online only do what you must (I.e. tomorrow I’m gonna play a game that’s a bit complex so I look up a guide for it)

I used this strategy when Ultimate leaked.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'm curious myself as to what he's talking about in regards to something being leaked already besides Shinobi and Verge hinting at Banjo.

To be honest I kinda want to know about the Smash info before hand. We're in for a very long weekend leading up to this Direct.

Khandoit

Smash Cadet
What leaked is something we can dream about.

As for goin media blackout mode, here is my strategy:
1. Avoid Twitter/Facebook
2. Don’t play Steam games (TF2) as usernames can change to anything
3. If you go online only do what you must (I.e. tomorrow I’m gonna play a game that’s a bit complex so I look up a guide for it)

I used this strategy when Ultimate leaked.
Is it common for us Banjo Supporters to also be TF2 players? I feel like I've noticed that being a common crossover is gaming spheres. Like a lot of TF2 youtubers use Banjo and Kazooie music in their videos for example.

Do we....just like old games?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Sabi said this:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I'm guessing she's gonna share stuff on Sunday if not sooner.

Also there's this someone posted as a reply, which I'm sharing because why not:

I'm sure it's just good artwork and editing, but not gonna lie, I'd be hyped for Sans.

Last edited:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I saw that at least people on ResetERA are "banjoifying" their avatars and I figured eh, why not? I'll hop on the bandwagon. Now that I did it though I don't know whether to laugh or facepalm. Maybe I'll do both.

Whoever is revealed for Smash and if it gets leaked beforehand (images like renders or in-game matches, portion of trailer, etc), when are we all expecting it to happen? A day before or two days before?.. I'm guessing probably 2 to 3 days before Nintendo's E3 Direct.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I remember the Fallout 4 days when people made steam groups with spoilers in the name and invited everyone with a bot. Or made bots with Spoilers in the name and mass added everyone. Reddit lately is using bots to mass send out spoilers to people that post on certain subreddits. The only way to not get spoiled is to not use the internet for the next week. And even then you might get news notifications saying "X HAS LEAKED!!!"

Top Bottom