• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balloon Fighter should be requested for this game

Legolastom

Smash Hero
O... thought you meant redo them more like Pit and your Balloon fighter but... he really doesn't need that much of a revamp.

But they could always add him as a C Falcon clone XD

Xaron Fisk

Smash Journeyman
i didn't read much of this, so please don't kill me if someone made moves like this already.

special - airblast - release the nozzle of a balloon for a powerful gust of air that pushes enemies, items, and some projectiles away.

down special - inflation. pumps up one of your balloons more than it usually is. this improves the power of all your other special attacks. pump too much and your balloon expodes, hurting you for 50 and taking out anyone nearby. if you only have one balloon it replaces the lost balloon and overinflates the previous.

side special- human cannonball - a forward rocket move like luigi's, nothing special

up special - balloon frenzy - letting the air out of both balloons sends you flying around in a fast and completely crazy path that you can control, crashing into people or recovering if you choose.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
All wrong lol
Seriously though...

B: sure that works,

DownB: no, that's bad, the hurting himself thing anyway, that's just wrong...They pop and blast the others away sure, but not himself!

UpB: too typical, I personnaly (just like you XF, have not read any of this thread) think he should have an UpB similar to his jumps, nothing too fancy and flashy. He will float (obviously). Possibly five times or so, (like Kirby, Jiggs) and his up be should be something that moves with similar feel. I would think something like Pickachus UpB but he leads with his foot while spinning, but 3 movements, slower (about as fast as he floats, and doesn't go quite as far in one "movement" as Pika. To make him more unique and versitile (which he already is) if he uses 2 of the hops, he can attack ect...Untill he uses his third.
Perfect for air combos and what not...Air Combat is his specialty so they should keep it that way!

FowardB: don't ****ing care lol sure human cannon ball, but different, like an actual ball or something, and no lob
jk
Seriously though...

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Except that they'd run into copyright issues if they tried to take direct ideas from the board like that, which is why they don't check and why the don't take suggestions if you write them.
Rhetorical statements don't need to be answered grim lizard.

I'm loving me that re-design, did you actually draw that Jester Box or are you just uploading it?

Neko Godot

Smash Cadet
Eh, I'd prefer that Alice girl over Balloon Fighter. I mean, she's exactly like Balloon Fighter except for the facts that she has a name and that she's FEMALE.

CHUK

Smash Ace
Is there actual images of Balloon Fighter in beta? I am a big fan of Balloon Fighter :).

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
hey i got a pretty good balloon fighter moveset. it is mostly based off of his tiems from the game, but i find it nice

Balloon fighter moveset-

stats-
weight- 3/5 (no balloons), 1/5 (two balloons)
power- 3/5
speed- 3/5
defense- 3/5

jump- balloon fighter has 7 jumps while both balloons are inflated, and only 4 when 1 is inflated. if none are inflated he only has the standard 2 jumps.

B moves-

b- ball lightning, basically this works as sort of an air mine. when summoned it remains stationary in the air until an opponent approaches, it then homes in on said opponent and does not stop following him until it makes contact. when it makes contact it does 5% damage. now this doesn't seem like much but it also stuns the opponent for 3.5 seconds. only 3 ball lightnings are allowed on the field at the same time, and you can't summon another one until 5 seconds after the first one.

b>- flipper, balloon fighter throws out a flipper in front of him, bout as far as mario throws the flipper in melee. from there it acts exactly like the flipper in melee.

bV- fish of doom, balloon fighter throws a large fish onto the stage. the fish then flops around, causing knockup similar to DK's VB, and doing 5% damage to anyone who lands on the fish. the fish stays on the arena until knocked off. the fish can be knocked off by repeatadly throwing items or projectiles at it, it has the same weight as bowser.

B^- pump up balloon, what balloon pump does is pump up another balloon on his back. this can only be used if he doesn't have 2 balloons out already. it takes 3 seconds to pump up a balloon. also, the move can't be used until 3 seconds after the first pump.

A moves-
for the majority of balloon fighters a moves he uses something he calls " the pin". it is a silver stick sharpened at the end resembling a simple spear. it is the size of a yard stick. this is of course in proportion to BF's size. i will post them more in detail later

alternate costume-
alice from balloon kid

Fawriel

Smash Master
Sup.

Theory time.

You all saw today's update, right? Stickers instead of trophies.
The stickers vary in size. From what we saw, the more important the depicted thing is, the larger the sticker is.

Now, look at this.

Balloon Fighter at the same size as the Sheriff and other unimportant things.

Now, this theory isn't a completely reliable measurement for the importance of a character in the game. Samurai Goroh's is pretty big, and there's a medium-sized sticker of what Wario looks like in Mario Strikers Charged.
But a sticker that small for a character who's also playable... seems very unlikely to me.

GenG

Smash Lord
Teh mindgames.

I still have hope for BF as a playable character but since the main franchises have grow a lot during the last 5 years, I think he'll make it as an AT.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
The fact that the Balloon Fighter is a Sticker doesn't prove or mean anything, jsut that there's a Balloon Fighter sticker.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
^^ Don't worry about it, their hasn't been one update that someone hasn't thought confirmed something else.

Stickers confirm stickers, music confirms music, and series symbols confirm series symbols.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Sup.

Theory time.

The stickers vary in size. From what we saw, the more important the depicted thing is, the larger the sticker is.

Now, look at this.
The only thing you've proven is that there is a Balloon Fighter sticker.

Fawriel

Smash Master
*shrugs* Oh well.
I don't believe I've mentioned the word "confirmed" here and it's all speculation, but... yeah, nevermind.

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
i really thing balloon fighter will be in brawl, i have no clue who he is or what he does but im sure hell be in. On super smash brother melee they have balloon fighter items ( flipper ), balloon fighter music, a balloon fighter trophie, and i think a few other things i just forgot ^_^". but ive seen stuff related to him pop up all over melee. And usualy important things taht are in melee become more important in brawl ( from what ive noticed ). I dont think he will be a main charecter but im pretty sure he will be an assist trophie.

nuro

Smash Lord
Sup.

Theory time.

Now, look at this.

Now, this theory isn't a completely reliable measurement for the importance of a character in the game. Samurai Goroh's is pretty big, and there's a medium-sized sticker of what Wario looks like in Mario Strikers Charged.
But a sticker that small for a character who's also playable... seems very unlikely to me.
This is what I was thinking. I am a bit scared that he doesn't look revamped or anything but you never know they may still revamp him. U know how there are 3 trophys for playable characters in melee? The first one looks like crap and the others are revamped.

p.s i also have a bet with a friend. we bet that we will both make lists of characters and whoever gets the most in wins. i put balloon fighter as one =(

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
even more deranged looking than the Baloon fighter fish normally look

can SO se an AT where the screen gets filled with BFs

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
But the thing from HIS game is in someone else's stage
but it's included in the first place is his point.... but I'll agree with you.

remember in melee, they gave Icicle mountain Balloon fighter music as it's alternative BGM, probably continuing that here If I had to make a guess

dr_awesome

Smash Apprentice
I think it's more of a comment on retro style games. But I think this is ultimately positive for Balloon Fighter purely because of the way sakurai worded the last sentence.

Top Bottom