• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balloon Fighter should be requested for this game

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Balloon Fighter should be in this game. He is a Nintendo only character. Don't give me "What kind of moves would he have?". Look a C. Falcon.

Even though his 2 balloons can be popped I have an awsome idea on how it can work out.

Ok when you start the battle Balloon Figher starts off with one balloon. If the balloon takes over 5% damage it will pop, or something like. Now when jumping with the balloon you can jump for a while almost. With his ^B he will take out a pump that will air up(to a maximum of two) it would take 2 or 3 seconds per balloon.

I'm not sure about the how much he would be aloud to jump but it would be double of what Kirby has if he has both balloons aired at once.

Alt 1: Blue Helmet,shoes, and shirt, red overalss
Alt 2: Vice Versa of Alt 1
Alt 3: His helmet is replaced with a bird mask from one of the enemies in the game.
Alt 4: Some random pallet set

His regular B move could be, when the B button(or <>B) is pressed he can send out a that electric thing found within the game.(The bolts that the clouds shoot out)

Another Idea for some move sets, B up attack could be that he rockets up really fast, and his B down could be that his balloons pop creating a 360 degree sonic boom.

To Learn more about Balloon Fight:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balloon_Fight

So May I please ask someone to request this Character on the Polls in Japan

Thanks

Smashboards Rules.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Come on I cant be the only one.

Im pretty sure there are a few out there that would like to be playing as Balloon Fighter in the Next Smash Bros. Game.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
hey, i love the balloon fighter. i spent many hours on that game.

i could never conceive of what kind of moveset he would have. but if the want to add him, i'll surely play him.

Okurama

Smash Journeyman
Tijuana, CA (yeah, i know i change my location, AG
maybe they can give him a new style look like Pit got (hella better of what his old gay look, but not sexy, am no gay), like thing about, how can he look.

anyway, i think the ballons should be and up-b, and they just pop, went the up-b finish, there many posibilitys, i do expect him to be in SSBB (but with a good cool new look, if not then he will suck).

Falling Whistness

Smash Apprentice
I've already made my request to Wes' thread. But if people are putting in requests for classic Nintendo characters, you should ask for these awesome but somewhat obscure Nintendo creations (And stem the tide of third party characters a bit)

Mr Stevenson (from Gumshoe)
Balloon Fighter (from Baloon Fighter)
Alice (from Baloon Kid)
Imajin (from Doki Doki Panic)
Lina (from Doki Doki Panic)
Mach Rider (from Mach Rider)
Sky skipper (from Sky Skipper)
Tamagon (from Devil World)

And did you know that Nintendo still owns the license for the original arcade Killer Instinct? If you liked that game you should request characters from it.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
McRustyJr said:
im about 99% sure balloon fighter will be in ssbb cuz they already had the character already made for ssbm i believe.

i know they had the trophy, but if what you say is true, i could just wet myself.

*sigh* if only Thomas got more love. we could use a straight up martial artist, i think.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
kilroy said:
hey, i love the balloon fighter. i spent many hours on that game.

i could never conceive of what kind of moveset he would have. but if the want to add him, i'll surely play him.
I agree on both points.

Balloonist

Smash Rookie
In an interview that was released a good while ago, it said that Balloon Fighter was cosidered for SSB:M and actually made it to the first beta version of the game. Balloon Fighter was then removed due to lack of time and that they wanted the Ice Climbers in the game over him since they could offer something new to the game (Controlling two characters with one controller)

So I beilieve that Balloon Fighter has a very high chance of making the cut for SSBB. Although I wish I could find that interview, I can't but many people have read it for themselves and they believe aswell.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Balloon Fighter would NOT be gay in this game, what are you a Homophobe?
Pit made it in and Ice Climbers are in, so I see no point NOT adding Balloon Fighter, since he was in the Beta Version of Super Smash Bros. Melee, so He Deserves to be in.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Balloon Fighter should also get a level.

It could be the First stage of the whole game.

You have A platform floating in the center. Water and when jumped above, a fish will jump out and grab you and KO you. To platforms on each side of the water, have Thunder Clouds in the sky send out lighting bolts. Then you could add pipes on the side of the stage that would send out balloons, and you can hop on top of the balloons to float up higher to highter centered platform.

Crappy ASCII to make no since

..................CC
...............C CC.........----------........CCCC
...............CCC.................................CCCC
...........................-------------...

...................| |-----wwwwww-----||

C = Cloud(which shoots thunderbolts)
w= water
--= platform
| | = Pipe
.=Nothing, just regular space(had to add them without it screwing up)
The music will be the awsome Balloon Fight Music, not the wierd beeps and stuff.

Balloonist

Smash Rookie
Very Nice Idea....I think that a Moveset could possibly be this.

B-Needles- Not exactly an ingame move from Balloon Fight but I figure that he had to pop the balloons some how.

B Down- Pump- Balloon Fighter pulls out a pump and pumps the balloons, it takes a total of 5 seconds per balloon. His jump is increased with balloon added.

B Up- Balloon Release- Balloon Fighter releases a balloon which travels upward at a very fast pace causing around 15% damage to anyone it touches.

B Left/Right-Flipper- Balloon Fighter quickly tosses a flipper onto stage which lasts for about 20 seconds.

Jiikae

Typing of the Red
Okurama said:
maybe they can give him a new style look like Pit got (hella better of what his old gay look, but not sexy, am no gay), like thing about, how can he look.

anyway, i think the ballons should be and up-b, and they just pop, went the up-b finish, there many posibilitys, i do expect him to be in SSBB (but with a good cool new look, if not then he will suck).
Exactly what I was thinking.

NukeA6

Smash Master
After seeing some Balloon Fight video on Myspace (the one where the shoot each other), I wanna see him in.

Spitz

Smash Rookie
Truely awesome. I would also hope that if he had a stage, those mosquitio guys would appear.[In the stage only, like the shy guys in the Yoshi's story stage].

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Balloon Fight is my favorite NES game. Ever. I <3 Balloon Fighter, and he WILL be in Brawl. I can feel it in my bones....

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
He shouldn't get in before Little Mac, Takamaru, Mike Jones, or Mach Rider though... They have much more potential as far as retro characters go IMHO.

EDIT: Sukapon and Bubbles too.
the fact he was in the beta Melee shows they already had worked on him for a previous smash, so why would they let that go to waste? anyway, Retro characters FTW!

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Yeah Dweller, good thing Balloon Fighter wasn't playable in the beta version of Melee. *rolls eyes*

I think Balloon Fighter, along with DeDeDe, is one of the most probable characters and darn it, I think he'll be cool.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
the fact he was in the beta Melee shows they already had worked on him for a previous smash, so why would they let that go to waste? anyway, Retro characters FTW!
Supposedly Mach Rider also made it into the beta stage of SSBM at some point. At any rate, I don't see BF working well in SSB, but I guess Sakurai-san could pull it off. Still, I don't want to see him in before the retro characters I mentioned in my earlier post - ALL those franchises need a comeback bad...

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Deathborne, I don't wanna take a false sense of authority, but I really don't think you'll have your wish granted. Balloon Fighter has a HUGE chance of making it in before any of the characters you posted, except maybe Mach Rider.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Deathborne, I don't wanna take a false sense of authority, but I really don't think you'll have your wish granted. Balloon Fighter has a HUGE chance of making it in before any of the characters you posted, except maybe Mach Rider.
what about Little Mac?

Little Mac, Balloon Fighter and Mach Rider should be piority retro characters. I would have said Pit, but he's confirmed. THREE MORE TO GO!

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
What about Little Mac? - BF has nothing on him. Granted the rest don't fare quite as well... :(
But Takamaru and Sukapon's chances are pretty good...

EDIT: DAMMIT! HMBG beat me to Little Mac...

DokturSea

Smash Lord
No, I don't think Little Max has as much priority as BF and MR, solely for the fact that they already exsist in Smash form. I'm sure Sakurai will want to finish what he started and make them completely playable.

Stryks

Smash Hero
If u support Balloon Fighter:
u can use the banner, dont forget the rep, Balloon Fighter FTW!

*EDIT*: sorry for double post :p...

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I love Balloon Fighter and I love Balloon Fight I even made a move set for him in the gamefaqs moveset lab it got a 90/100 and they said it would be 100/100 if I added some As

Name: Balloon Fighter
System: NES
Symbol: A balloon
Specials: B - Spark: Balloon Fighter fires a small spark like the ones from Balloon Fight which does about 4% damage

B > - Balloon Drill - Balloon Fighter temporaro;y gains a beal ;ole those bird enemies with one balloon in Balloon Fight and he lunges himself foward doing 6% damage to anyone caught in the way.

B ^ - Upsie - Balloon Fighter Pushes himself upwards with his balloons (not that great a recovery because of how many jumps he would have)

B v - Balloon Sacrafice / Pump - Balloon Fighter either a) when he has 2 balloons (which is up until you sacrafice one) he sacrafises a balloon increasing his weight and strength but decreasing his jump and speed or b) when you only have one balloon (which is after you sacrafised one) then this revives the balloon returning your stats to normal. This could be a very crucial part of gameplay.

Super: The clouds from Balloon Fight come across the screen and those small shocks start to go everywhere until one huge one lands on your opponent with the most damage.

Entrance: Balloon Fighter Flies in on his Balloons
Taunt: Balloon Fighter Blows up a Balloon and it pops in his face.
Kirby Hat: Kirby gets his helmet and his balloons.

Stats (normal):
Jump: *****
Speed: ***
Weight: **
Power: *

Stats (1 balloon):
Jump: ****
Speed: **
Weight: ***
Power: **

Top Bottom