• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balloon Fighter should be requested for this game

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Worthless facts boreing info and all are presented in opinion form so they can't be considered logical arguments. Also I have a right to dislike a character just because the character has some suppport not everybody is going to like him.

Stryks

Smash Hero
lol u seem to hate all good character ideas like dark samus n balloon fighter, while u support grit, whomp thwomp and the guy from quest 64... like they have much of a chance...

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Ok a said I wouldn't mind Dark Samus, I don't support Brian, whomp or thwomp. Grit only bypopular demand and Iloathe the balloon fighter. Also good is relative.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Why does Basement Dweller hate fun and happieness in all it's forms? And what's with his crusade against logic and sense? We really need to ignore him more.
The best way to beat a troll is to deprive it of it's food.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
What? Just because I don't like your ideas you are just going to ignore the fact that not everyone likes all the ideas some people thinkare good. You people really are petty aren't you?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
How many games was he in? Also Brawl should be focused more on incorporating newer characters that the new gamers would recognize more readilly. The purpose of the Wii's new "style" was to draw in new gamers, so to stick by this new game charcters should be incorporated.
the point of the virtual console was to attract retro gamers.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I don't carethe purpose of the system existing is to make money, I know that there are fans of the retro charcters and in order to maximize profits Nintendo will adhear to thier needs aswell, but it doesn't mean that they need to buffet Brawl with retro charcters.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
So 1 is enough then? There were 3 retro charcters in melee: Ice Climbers, Mr. Game wand Watch, and Marth. 3 is a safe bet in Brawl.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Actually, Marth is no more retro than Samus or Link. Sure he had his start in the NES era, but he also appeared in FE3 for the SNES, which was actually two games in one: a remake of FE1 and it's direct sequel.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Actually, Marth is no more retro than Samus or Link. Sure he had his start in the NES era, but he also appeared in FE3 for the SNES, which was actually two games in one: a remake of FE1 and it's direct sequel.
Got me there, but I till stnd by my previous statement that 3 is a likely number.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
You seem to be my only buddy that's ever on smashboards anymore, HMBG... along with parrothead...
(What the HELL happened to FlipTroopa?!)

Yeah, that's the most likely number - but I'm hoping for at least five.
(Yeah... not happening... but I can dream, can't I?)

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Actually, Deathborne, 5 retros doesn't seem that outlandish. We already have one that's confirmed (Pit), two that Sakurai has stated he likes (Ice Climbers and Mr. Game & Watch), and one that seems incredibly likely, due to the fact he was originally planned for Melee (Baloon Fighter). That's potentially 4/5 right there. Now, I know this is all just speculation, but you have to admit, it makes sense.

Also, as to what you said earlier: I think that Marth still counts as retro. That last (non-smash) game he was in was on the SNES, correct? Well, with the Wii's release a mere month away, that makes it four generations old (Wii-Gamecube-Nintendo 64-Super Nintendo). That's as old as the NES currently is, and those are what we call retro characters. So, in a sense, characters like Ness and Marth are about to become retro characters.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Actually, Deathborne, 5 retros doesn't seem that outlandish. We already have one that's confirmed (Pit), two that Sakurai has stated he likes (Ice Climbers and Mr. Game & Watch), and one that seems incredibly likely, due to the fact he was originally planned for Melee (Baloon Fighter). That's potentially 4/5 right there. Now, I know this is all just speculation, but you have to admit, it makes sense.

Also, as to what you said earlier: I think that Marth still counts as retro. That last (non-smash) game he was in was on the SNES, correct? Well, with the Wii's release a mere month away, that makes it four generations old (Wii-Gamecube-Nintendo 64-Super Nintendo). That's as old as the NES currently is, and those are what we call retro characters. So, in a sense, characters like Ness and Marth are about to become retro characters.
I meant 5 additions new to Brawl (including Pit). And as far as I'm concerned, "retro" refers to the 8-bit era; that is games that appeared on the NES but haven't been seen any releases since outside a port or a cameo appearence here and there. Keep in mind that the 8-bit era goes as far back as the Fairchild Channel F, making it the longest in the history of the industry (1976 - 1995) - but even if we don't regard pre-Crash consoles, it's still the most extensive single era (1985-1995).

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

Maybe a year or two after the Wii is out will SNES 'officialy' be retro

icymatt

Smash Lord
I hardly even lump Pit with the 'retro' crowd, just because Kid Icarus has a much larger cult following than games like Balloon Fight or Ice Climber...in fact, I'd put it more in the same category as Earthbound, as a title represented because of it's hardcore fans. Of course, Pit was also THE MOST obvious addition to a third Smash Bros...he should've been in the first one, actually.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I hardly even lump Pit with the 'retro' crowd, just because Kid Icarus has a much larger cult following than games like Balloon Fight or Ice Climber...in fact, I'd put it more in the same category as Earthbound, as a title represented because of it's hardcore fans. Of course, Pit was also THE MOST obvious addition to a third Smash Bros...he should've been in the first one, actually.
That doesn't change the fact he hasn't seen a game since the NES era, therefore he's just as retro as the Ice Climbers, Mach Rider, and Balloon Fighter, even if he does have a much much larger following. And we could argue all day as to who SHOULD have been in the first - he's in it now... and it's probably better that way...
(just imagine having to play the SSBM trophy version of Pit... :shivers: )

parrothead

Smash Lord
ON TOPIC:

Balloon Fighter's name is unknown. Even though he is referred to as "Balloon Fighter", because it sounds like a superhero name, it is actually the name of his occupation.

I really hope that Sakurai would not only add the characters' alternate costumes, but also alternate voice-acting with certain alternate costumes. That way, Sakurai won't have to create clones. What does this have to do with Balloon Fighter? I'm saying this, because I'm seriously hoping for this female character, who is also a Balloon Fighter.

OFF TOPIC:

Basement Dweller, almost every title from Nintendo is good. I'm 100% sure that you would dislike every character I support, because they are all obscure, but they don't suck. If you want to see some titles that are extremely crappy, check out Angry Nintendo Nerd's videos on YouTube. CAUTION: They are not safe for work.

There are some NES titles that are obscure, but not crappy, like these (Safe for work). Some other obscure, but not crappy NES/Famicom titles are Mystery of Murasame Castle, Ultimate Stuntman, Ginga no Sannin, Mach Rider, StarTropics, and Zoda's Revenge.

Next year, if Nintendo (or someone else) begins to reveal SSBB's entire roster, I'm going to listen to the Metal Gear Solid song from this video, and as soon as it nearly ends, I'm going to play the middle part of this video, where the two women open the case that has 5,000,000 dollars, while I'll slowly check out the roster simultaneously.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Nice job on that, Xian. Although, if you're making sprite sheets, you want to save them as .gif's or .png's. Jpegs ruin the quality and you can't take them off the sheet for individual use.

By the way, I thought that I'd take the liberty of finding a few Balloon Fighter pics, since there doesn't seem to be any posted yet.

Here's the trophy he had in Melee:

This is his more classic look (possible alternate colors?)

Here's the cover for the Game & Watch Balloon Fight, showing a very different style for Balloon Fighter:

And here is what I assume to be some fanart depicting him as some sort of flying Balloon Ninja:

If he appears in Brawl like he does in that last pic... :laugh:

bbb

Smash Champion
If you don't like Burger Time, you will die in your sleep tonight (or maybe not, who knows)

bbb

Smash Champion
You should check it out, enemies are sausages and eggs. Needless to say, one of the coolest games in existance.

bbb

Smash Champion
You make burgers, by walking on the various ingredients (Lettuce, Cheese, Patty and Bun) yo make them, fall. If they fall on enemies they die (for a little while).

Top Bottom