• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balloon Fighter should be requested for this game

GenG

Smash Lord
Did you know that there is a minigame in the new Wario Ware Smooth Moves that features a full 3D Balloon Fight? :laugh:

Take a look.

I can't wait for a 3D Kid Icarus minigame!

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Nice. I was wondering where that Baloon Fight I saw was from. Didn't know it was Smooth Moves.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
@ GenG - Lol, that's weird.

Anyway, Balloon Fighter has a good chance to get in. He has been on a trophy in SSBM, he has a huge amount of fans and seeing Nintendo making a parody of Balloon Fighter featuring Tingle will probally point out that Nintendo love Balloon Fighter too. I agree, he has my vote.

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
as someone mentioned before balloon fighter was considered and made it to the beta version of melee so i see him making the cut for Brawl. and i remember reading it somewhere

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I heard that Balloon Fighter was originally going to be in Melee, but the Ice Climbers took his place.

He'd be a neat addition.

flammableoranges

Smash Rookie
balloon fighter should get the level of makeover the main guy from dig dug got going into namco x capcom

That actually makes me think that dig dug would be a cool character to present namco as 3rd party his original form of course, or maybe klonoa? very unlikely, shouldn't even be saying this. but yeah, first comment still stands true

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
balloon fighter should get the level of makeover the main guy from dig dug got going into namco x capcom

That actually makes me think that dig dug would be a cool character to present namco as 3rd party his original form of course, or maybe klonoa? very unlikely, shouldn't even be saying this. but yeah, first comment still stands true
Hey, isn't that Digdug? Or that main character of that game called Digdug? I've heard about him. I don't know if he'll have a good chance of being in Brawl, though.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dude... it says in the post its dig dug... *sigh*

Mna thats like and uber makeover, hell he doesnt even look like a kid now, look at the small beard XD, pit had a similair makeover, b4 he was just a kid, and now he looks older, about 15, not to mention a huge diference in his clothes, and whoin thw world did not like the new sacred bow?

Stryks

Smash Hero
So ur saying, instead of reading the post like any other guy in the forum, u want him to italized the important stuff so u can either save time to read it, or too know what the post is about?

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
So ur saying, instead of reading the post like any other guy in the forum, u want him to italized the important stuff so u can either save time to read it, or too know what the post is about?
Some on, people do that all the time. It's a sign of laziness within us Americans.

In any case, forget it. What's past HAS past. On topic.

Yeah, Balloon Fighter. As much as I'd like to see him in Brawl... I just can't think of a good moveset for him.

flammableoranges

Smash Rookie
Dude... it says in the post its dig dug... *sigh*

Mna thats like and uber makeover, hell he doesnt even look like a kid now, look at the small beard XD, pit had a similair makeover, b4 he was just a kid, and now he looks older, about 15, not to mention a huge diference in his clothes, and whoin thw world did not like the new sacred bow?
but if you look carefully at the first picture you'll notice a little black square thingy that I'm assuming is a beard. When i noticed it, completely changed my perspective of him

Iggy K

Smash Ace

That's what Taizo Hori looks like now? Wow, he looks awesome, I think it'd be great if Balloon Fighter got a redesign like that.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord

That actually reminds me of what they already did to Pit, since you brought it up. You never know, BF just may get a drastic overhaul.

Stryks

Smash Hero
But a moveset was easier to make for ICs than it will take for balloon fighter, I mean ICs had hammers, and since u know they had ICE in their name, they incorporated ice as their element weapon, balloon fighter wont be as easy, maybe he can use static electricity, since that was not only a dager in his game, but u know, when u rub to balloons together u make static, so maybe that could work...

But i gotta say balloon fighter should multiple jumps. maybe 1 or 2 more than kirby, but he will lack a recovery UpB move like jigly

Nintendo Advocate

Smash Apprentice
okay, this is a GREAT thread! this is my second most anticipated character for brawl, diddy for first! :D

Okay, if his balloons pop, he'll go on the ground, and do mario sort of stuff. (no cloning)

nice moveset.

But i gotta say balloon fighter should multiple jumps. maybe 1 or 2 more than kirby, but he will lack a recovery UpB move like jigly
nicely said! That should be the case for BF!

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
okay, this is a GREAT thread! this is my second most anticipated character for brawl, diddy for first! :D

Okay, if his balloons pop, he'll go on the ground, and do mario sort of stuff. (no cloning)

nice moveset.

nicely said! That should be the case for BF!
If his balloons pop, would he eventually gain more, or would he only get them back after he gets KO'd and is revived?

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
he'd eventually gain more as time passes, like one for every three minutes or something like that.
I see.

Three minutes, huh? You know, matches on Melee are two minutes by default, but whatever.

It sounds like an interesting idea, though. It will at to Balloon Fighter's uniqueness.

Stryks

Smash Hero
no no no this is how should work:

BF should have multiple jumps,, but when he does the last jump, his balloons will pop, adn thus meaning ur out of jumps, u can still attack while ur going down, but without a recovery move, u better hope ur close to the stage...

Every time a character touches the ground after jumping, he/she/it obtains all of his jumps back and is able to jump multiple times, so in case balloon fighter losses his jumps all of his jumps, the balloons will pop, but if he touches the ground, the balloons will inflate, meaning he ahs all of his multiple jumps again...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
I seriously doubt the Balloon Fighter would get a redesign to the degree that Pit and Taizo Hori received, it would more likely be something along the lines of the makeover the Ice Climbers were given. But very keen on the static electric abilities, Stryks - I like!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Lol thanx, also when I was showering (yeah I know weird, i get my best ideas there) I had an idea:

Balloon boom/ sonic pop (combination of thw words balloon pop and sonic boom):
Would b the B move I guess, Balloon fighter will start inflating a balloon, theres a limit of how much u can inflate the balloon, unlike samus, dks, sheiks and mewtwos chargeable moves, nothing will tell u when its at its maximum limit, if u pass the limit by a sec or 2 the baloon will pop in ur face, so be careful... anyway, when u inflate it enough, press B twice to unleash the attack:

BF will then clap, exploding the balloon in the rpocess, making like a sonic boom/ exlosion of air shooting forward, if ur close ull receive max damage, not to mention attack has high knockback, if ur far away, ull recevive minor damage, but barely faced by the move...

In case balloon fighter DOES have a recovery move, the forget everything what I just posted b4:

For this to work, Balloon fighter would only have to jumps and the recovery...

Balloon rockets:
after pressing UPB, balloon fighter will let go of the air in the baloons, u know, when u inflate a balloon and let it go, it goes trough the air zig zagin, here ull be able to to control in which direction to go, similair to the fire fox move, but without the charging phase at the beginning of the attack

Static!: (<>B)
Balloon fighter will grab his balloons and will rub them together, sending static electricity forward, not much of a knockbackk but does rapid damage

dont have many ideas for a downB and an alternate UPb in case he has multiple jumps...

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I didnt want to double post... But I didnt want this thread to die so...
*Bump!!*
I don't want this thread to die, either, but I'm afraid that if I post something, you'll just make fun of me for it.

What should Balloon Fighter's taunt be?

...Actually, I read somewhere the the main character of Balloon Fight is called "Balloon Man". What's up with that?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Lol I got something for his taunt:

It will be fast just in case anyone says it will take a long time to perform, balloon fighter grabs one of thos elong balloons, inflates it, starts making a balloon animal, but it aint a balloon animal, he actually makes a balloon thats looks like one of the oponents, and then he grabs a needle and pops it, kinda like saying: "Mess with me and die" lol...

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Lol I got something for his taunt:

It will be fast just in case anyone says it will take a long time to perform, balloon fighter grabs one of thos elong balloons, inflates it, starts making a balloon animal, but it aint a balloon animal, he actually makes a balloon thats looks like one of the oponents, and then he grabs a needle and pops it, kinda like saying: "Mess with me and die" lol...
LOL! That is too long for a taunt, but I think it would be perfect for a winning pose!

Stryks

Smash Hero
*HAHAHA FEAR THE POWER OF STRYKS!! FEAR MY PWNING FLAMING!!*

... Oh... Nah u post, ill try not to flame u... at least not as much as usual XD

Top Bottom