• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balloon Fighter should be requested for this game

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Well, okay...

Lol thanx, also when I was showering (yeah I know weird, i get my best ideas there) I had an idea:

Balloon boom/ sonic pop (combination of thw words balloon pop and sonic boom):
Would b the B move I guess, Balloon fighter will start inflating a balloon, theres a limit of how much u can inflate the balloon, unlike samus, dks, sheiks and mewtwos chargeable moves, nothing will tell u when its at its maximum limit, if u pass the limit by a sec or 2 the baloon will pop in ur face, so be careful... anyway, when u inflate it enough, press B twice to unleash the attack:

BF will then clap, exploding the balloon in the rpocess, making like a sonic boom/ exlosion of air shooting forward, if ur close ull receive max damage, not to mention attack has high knockback, if ur far away, ull recevive minor damage, but barely faced by the move...

In case balloon fighter DOES have a recovery move, the forget everything what I just posted b4:

For this to work, Balloon fighter would only have to jumps and the recovery...

Balloon rockets:
after pressing UPB, balloon fighter will let go of the air in the baloons, u know, when u inflate a balloon and let it go, it goes trough the air zig zagin, here ull be able to to control in which direction to go, similair to the fire fox move, but without the charging phase at the beginning of the attack

Static!: (<>B)
Balloon fighter will grab his balloons and will rub them together, sending static electricity forward, not much of a knockbackk but does rapid damage

dont have many ideas for a downB and an alternate UPb in case he has multiple jumps...
The Balloon rockets sound kind of funny, but it's an awesome idea for a recovery move if you ask me.

That Static attack... If I recall correctly, this move reminds me of the balls of electricity that would occasionally be shot out of clouds in some stages. Were you thinking that?

Stryks

Smash Hero
eah, I mentioned b4 that he should have static electricity, since that not only was a danger in his games, but when u rub to balloons together, u make static, so I just incroporated that the electricity goes forward and thus rapid damage...

The balloon rocket idea I came up when I was remembering the times when I was a kid, I would just inflate the ablloons and let them go to piss of my family members in the living room XD...

And the sonic pop/balloon boom just came to me...

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
Bump.

I'm ashamed of myself for not catching this sooner, but the inclusion of the bumper might have upped Balloon Fighter's chances, since the flipper may have been incorporated into his moveset.

As for the balloons, two should appear at all times, and they take visible damage by deflating. Then his B Down would be Inflate. As the balloons lose helium (hydrogen?) they slowly cause his jump to suffer. B> could be a flipper throw, though it would need to disappear much faster than in Melee. And the fish needs to be in there somehow.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
I think I posted this in the wrong thread before I doodled some re-vamped ballon fighter sketches like they re-did Pit.

Quick Color scheme

The big webbed gloves are for flapping.

they were fun to draw, I was going for an aviator look

Breakfast

Smash Apprentice
NICE!
And the defending champion
Make some noise
FOR Baloon FIIIIIIIIIIIGHTEEEEEEEERRR!!!!!!

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Dang, that's pretty sweet. I'm all for retro characters. People who want ICs and G&W out or who don't want BF, etc. should be lynched.

Your pics are nice. In your honest opinion, though, do you think they'd give him a brand-new look like that or would they try to stay close to the classic look? Based on ICs and Pit...I could maybe see some new look. I'd be excited to see it.

PS- his stage would be sweet, too: water with a big fish, platforms and floating birds on ballons, and clouds and those little sparky things in the sky.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I think I posted this in the wrong thread before I doodled some re-vamped ballon fighter sketches like they re-did Pit.

Quick Color scheme

That's the way he should be unless Sakurai can do better :lick:

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Thats cool... and if that was black instead of blue he would be somewhat Ninja like (Yhea ninja balloon fighter!)

Stryks

Smash Hero

Quick Color scheme

This post is automatic win, freaking awesome! maybe u can draw some attacks??

JesterBox

Smash Ace

bad-guy alt costume.

@ at stryks, way ahead of you. I dtrew some on paper but i don't have a scanner I'll either scan em at my friends or just redraw them

Breakfast

Smash Apprentice
Why only 2 baloons when the classic has 3
C'mon

jk
Two's fine he's sweet either way

Legolastom

Smash Hero
O yhea his music is Melee was great (I gotta download this off VC again lost my copy of AC!)

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Balloons = WMDs. Balloon Fighter motto.

Well this thread will be crushed tomorrow by god know what update. I'll have Moveset pics soon.

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
Dang, that's pretty sweet. I'm all for retro characters. People who want ICs and G&W out or who don't want BF, etc. should be lynched.
Reiterated Due to Verity.

The BF has been on my mind lately, and honestly, I'm worried. If you've been following the Icon Theory running in General Discussion, it looks like either one of the three Melee franchise additions will be cut (Marth, ICs or G&W,) or the Balloon Fighter won't make it. Even if Marth is replaced with a more current FE character, there is nowhere for FE to fit back into the running list. I'm just holding out hope that they aren't considering Game and Watch a true franchise, and he appears at the bottom of the list, along with R.O.B. Because you know it would be awesome.

NukeA6

Smash Master

bad-guy alt costume.

@ at stryks, way ahead of you. I dtrew some on paper but i don't have a scanner I'll either scan em at my friends or just redraw them
Just one of the reasons why Sakurai should look at this board rather than the disorganized NSider forum.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Just one of the reasons why Sakurai should look at this board rather than the disorganized NSider forum.
Except that they'd run into copyright issues if they tried to take direct ideas from the board like that, which is why they don't check and why the don't take suggestions if you write them.

The BF has been on my mind lately, and honestly, I'm worried. If you've been following the Icon Theory running in General Discussion, it looks like either one of the three Melee franchise additions will be cut (Marth, ICs or G&W,) or the Balloon Fighter won't make it. Even if Marth is replaced with a more current FE character, there is nowhere for FE to fit back into the running list. I'm just holding out hope that they aren't considering Game and Watch a true franchise, and he appears at the bottom of the list, along with R.O.B. Because you know it would be awesome.
The whole icon limitation thing is dumb. If Pit was #10 people would be freaking out thinking that all these series are cut and such. There's no way you could fit all the series necessary in 18 slots. Pit was just #18, and all the others aren't posted yet. Big deal.

Besides, in there I posted what I consider to be a legitimate organization to all that: 2-11 are SSB64 franchises, 12-14 are those added in melee, 15-18+ are those added in brawl., once you get into the early to mid-20's you start to see 3rd party franchises (which I think will be the end).

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
Except that they'd run into copyright issues if they tried to take direct ideas from the board like that, which is why they don't check and why the don't take suggestions if you write them.

The whole icon limitation thing is dumb. If Pit was #10 people would be freaking out thinking that all these series are cut and such. There's no way you could fit all the series necessary in 18 slots. Pit was just #18, and all the others aren't posted yet. Big deal.

Besides, in there I posted what I consider to be a legitimate organization to all that: 2-11 are SSB64 franchises, 12-14 are those added in melee, 15-18+ are those added in brawl., once you get into the early to mid-20's you start to see 3rd party franchises (which I think will be the end).

Actually, I was referring to your organization. If the alphabetized from Romanji bit is correct, and Balloon Fighter makes it, which I think the removal of the flipper hints at, then the Balloon Fighter goes alphabetically before Animal Crossing (in its Japanese name, mind you) and boots one of the 12-14. That is my worry.

That aside, your sketches are fantastic, JesterBox. Making the gloves logical flapping appendages, adding detail to the balloons, (Drifloon, anyone?) and shaping the goggles to the retro, two-pixel eyes have made this a more effective and appropriate redesign than even Pit, in my view. You've inspired me to reimagine a far more unlikely character, Skapon.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
whats a balloon fighter?
XD This post is so funny for some reason

He(She?) post in a topic dedicated to this character and doesn't bother checking up on this character at all or even reading the topic. Then with Internet just at his finger tips he can easily google/wiki it but instead he(She?) ask what's a Balloon Fighter.... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Alrighty then I've draw up moves and I should have them by this Saturday.
I know the wait is excrucaiting [sarcasim/]

Lemon Drop, I'm totally going to steal your thread now *yoink*...Joking

I was thinking of drawing some more re-vamps of classics and doing a "retro revivail thread" but I am pretty lazy...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
That would be a great idea... try match rider XD

Hey could you post the full version of your sig here? (With the colored in balloon fighter and the background)

JesterBox

Smash Ace
This is going to be a little sloppy but I haven't had much time latley and just wanted to post this.

New look sketch

This time Balloon Fighter has a air jetpack which spawns ballons, and shoots air. Also this time BF's balloons are filled with explosive gas.

Random moves

1. Balloon fighter pops his balloons sending him flying.
3. (I skipped 2) Air jets as BF crouches low
4. A strange move, Bf throws a lillte gadget, if it hit a player it latches on and inflates causing slower movement
5. Balloon being used to reflect (random idea)
6. BF grabs a balloon and pops it, funneling the air into a torrent using his gloves.
7. How he stands

Below the line (left to right)
D-air, D-throw, N- Air, Tilt(slams balloon into ground), random kick, random kick,

\Did those images show up?

ecstatic

Smash Journeyman
Within 8,000 miles of you, unless you're in space.
How did I not see this thread earlier (or maybe I did and forgot...)!? Balloon Fighter is one of my two most wanted characters (the other is so unlikely that I won't even post it, but it's not hard to find out.)

@JesterBox: Pretty sweet sketches there. I like your drawing style, too.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea great images again! a little confusing but that would be a great way to Redo balloon Fighter in Brawl!

Top Bottom