• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balloon Fighter should be requested for this game

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
or it could be called Man-Eater Fish Lake (or just Balloon Lake) and its like a piranha swarm of those megafish...I dunno..........Im being stupid...but the fish in the Summit could mean two things IMO...

-no Balloon Fighter as a PC
-BF and IC share a stage...

then again, Sakurai can mindgame us and make a Balloon Fighter stage and put Topis in there...or those birds(not the condor)...

Like I said, they wouldn't make the level overwhelmingly focused on Ice Climber if it was both of their levels.

And in the case of Topis and the birds, they are winter-based, while the fish isn't necessarily so, and was there only because of the water.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
The music is not a problem at all.

1st because, aren't YOU supposed to make up the playlist of songs for each level?

2nd because they could put in the Ice Climbers song, the Original Ice Climbers version, Balloon Fight bonus stage, and Balloon Kid stages' music. There's a LOT of songs to choose from, so music is not an issue...

The FISH is the issue... Then again... it's not the first time the Ice Climbers and Balloon Fight franchise share representation... (Balloon Fight music in Icicle Mountain in SSBM?)

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
thats exactly what Im saying...

if BF/Alice is in Brawl, theyre sharin a stage....even though it would make perfect sense for them to have separate stages....

and no there are NOT alot of songs from both Ice Climber and the Balloon Series...maximum without doing remixes and originals...maybe like 5...I dunno, I havent played Balloon Kid...only saw a short vid of the first level....and if you were to separate it, Ice Climber would probably get like ....3 and theyd probably be a jazzy version, a christmas-ey version (maybe), the original version of the medley of the title screen and the actual game theme...Balloon Fighter/Alice would probably get like 4 maybe....

I dunno I like looking at things differently....call me weird I guess...

and My Music is about unlocking the tracks that the composers...composed....and they only compose what they consider the greatest in each franchise....if Ice Climbers only has like 2 songs and both of them are just looping notes/sequences pretty much..............yea I dunno how to finish my statement...

I dunno its late for me now....

w/e all I know is that Balloon Fighter/Alice would be frikin awethum for Smash in general as a PC...

Why would it make perfect sense? There is nothing in the series' history that would suggest that two characters in two separate franchises would share a stage.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Why would it make perfect sense? There is nothing in the series' history that would suggest that two characters in two separate franchises would share a stage.
It does not matter they are both Nintendo Characters, and this is brawl.. seeing Diddy kong, fox and rayquaza should be proof enough that walls are clearly being broken between the franchises.

You're using a separate mode to dictate precedence for multi-player?

We see different characters entering different worlds. We see Goombas wandering through those levels, because Bowser had them go there. However, we have not seen any level in SSE share elements in the design. Do we see ? Blocks in DK's world?

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
You're using a separate mode to dictate precedence for multi-player?

We see different characters entering different worlds. We see Goombas wandering through those levels, because Bowser had them go there. However, we have not seen any level in SSE share elements in the design. Do we see ? Blocks in DK's world?
Well since you clearly have played brawl's full version, I guess you are correct... but on the odd chance that you haven't played brawl at all.. you still have no idea what is to come.

but there are certain things we can be sure of.. and that is Balloon fighter has a higher chance than Rocket Slime.

The element of SSB has always been fusing elements from other series, by featuring characters fighting together. It has never, however, have two characters share a stage like that.

And just an idea, but maybe the fact that there's only one single BF reference in the entire stage suggests that it's not his stage? It is ever so blatantly in favor of Ice Climber. Eggplant, Pumpkin, Icicle Mountain, Polar Bear, and *drum roll* Ice Climber logo.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
The element of SSB has always been fusing elements from other series, by featuring characters fighting together. It has never, however, have two characters share a stage like that.

And just an idea, but maybe the fact that there's only one single BF reference in the entire stage suggests that it's not his stage? It is ever so blatantly in favor of Ice Climber. Eggplant, Pumpkin, Icicle Mountain, Polar Bear, and *drum roll* Ice Climber logo.
I find it so ironic that such logic can come from someone who created a rocket slime thread.

On Topic: Brawl is not melee nor Sbb64, so time shall tell what will come of BF. No point debating something you are being bias about.

Right - I stated in this thread that I wanted Balloon Fighter in Brawl since I learned of him being a possibility for inclusion in Melee, but hey, can't let logic cloud your eyes.

PS: If you have to troll, do it in my thread. Please don't ruin other threads with your unintelligible (trolling) dribble.

Panduh

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Balloon Fighter will be in this game :(
On the Ice Climber stage, "the summit". the signature fish
from Balloon Fighter appears.
So if balloon Fighter was in the SSBB, he would have his own stage (I'm
assuming), meaning the fish would be somewhere.
and since he's used with the IC, I don't imagine him in SSBB.

And, proof that Balloon Fighter was gunna be in SSBM,
the item Flipper is from Balloon fighter.

and why's everyone so homophobic?

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Yeah, the odds of the Balloon Fighter now being in this game are now pretty slim...

But, there's still some hope...

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Didn't Roy and Marth somehow shared The Temple stage with Link and Zelda?

How about Dr. Mario in the Mushroom Kingdom.

Ganondorf in Final Destination? Where's the logic in that? :p

vesperview

Smash Hero
Well since you clearly have played brawl's full version, I guess you are correct... but on the odd chance that you haven't played brawl at all.. you still have no idea what is to come.

but there are certain things we can be sure of.. and that is Balloon fighter has a higher chance than Rocket Slime.
I find it so ironic that such logic can come from someone who created a rocket slime thread.

On Topic: Brawl is not melee nor Sbb64, so time shall tell what will come of BF. No point debating something you are being bias about.
Wow you really can't argue with anyone can you? Here you are delivering your typical, "until the game is released we won't know" crap, everytime people shut you up and you run out of comebacks, you just resolve in bashing the threads those people have made and he is not being biased at all, you clearly don't know the meaning of that word.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
I believe he was intended for Melee, but Sakurai had trouble with his moveset from what I've heard, because the character has no personality.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
In Melee= Ice Climbers
In Brawl= Ice Climbers, Pit
Baloon Fighter and Sukapon should be the last two NES-era characters.
And to bballstar: I believe that was actually Urban Champion.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
In Melee= Ice Climbers
In Brawl= Ice Climbers, Pit
Baloon Fighter and Sukapon should be the last two NES-era characters.
And to bballstar: I believe that was actually Urban Champion.
This is from IGN:

A beta version of the last Smash game, Melee, actually included the generic character Balloon Fighter as a playable character – but he didn't make the cut, as he didn't have much personality as a mascot.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/814/814663p1.html

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
How are his chances slim? He should be unlockable. Sakurai loves retro!
Also, if you unlock him his stage will follow soon afterwards.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
IGN? I don't really like their site. Don't flame me for saying that please.
No it's alright; and IGN isn't saying all those characters would make it, they're just assessing their potential. I actually would like Balloon Fighter and Mach Rider (both rumored for Melee) to make it. I mean if they were able to make new 3D models of them, they must have had a moveset prepared, so I doubt that is a problem.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Yes, but as I've said many times before, if he were getting a stage, why not put the fish in it?
Sakurai needed a water hazard. Why not the crazy-fish? The fish can appear elsewhere if it wants. BTW the sticker argument doesn't make sense. Wario and Ike also appear a stickers, but they're confirmed.

Sakurai needed a water hazard. Why not the crazy-fish? The fish can appear elsewhere if it wants. BTW the sticker argument doesn't make sense. Wario and Ike also appear a stickers, but they're confirmed.
Water is always present in Balloon Fight, so if the fish is already in IC's level, what water hazard would his level have?

Looking at Delphino Plaza, there's water, but they didn't need a hazard in it.

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
What would compel someone to put him in. His last 5 minutes to fame were on warioware smooth moves, the game was fun but i would feel alittle cheated of a character slot. What happens if he is footstool'd?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Is there just one fish in the whole world?

How many of those giant fish are there in Super Mario Bros 3?

Exactly. Fish have been given the ability to reproduce, so there may be more.

We've never seen an element used in multiple levels.

We don't see multiple Mario levels with ? blocks, multiple levels with Whispy Woods, multiple levels with Tingle, multiple levels with rising lava, etc.

It doesn't make any sense to use a BF element in an IC level, and use it again for the BF level. They could have had the player eventually freeze after being in the water for too long as well.

Egret

Smash Journeyman
Is there just one fish in the whole world?

How many of those giant fish are there in Super Mario Bros 3?

Exactly. Fish have been given the ability to reproduce, so there may be more.
It depends how many there were in baloon fighter, if there were more than one (and of different genders) then sure. But if there was only one then this is the same long-lived fish. Someone find another before the species goes extinct!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Hmm...........

I can't help but relate this case to Tom Nook in the BG thing... and I've come to realize it's almost the same deal...

Except for one thing... Balloon Fighter COULD share the stage with the IC (why? It beats me. Balloon Fight has one of the best NES level designs ever). Maybe BF's chances aren't as high as most people including me thought...

The problem with the idea of sharing a level is that the level is incredibly dominated by Ice Climber stuff. Its series icon, the Polar Bear, the summit, the eggplant, the pumpkin, the climate, the music, etc.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Hmm... oh well.. to the supporters: There's always Balloon Kid. :p

Side-scrolling stages ala Balloon Trip mode. And has a LOT more hazards than a fish. I'm talking about raging birds, lightning balls, rain, giant whales, and the traditional Balloon Fight beaked enemies. :p

But now I see BF's chances being somewhat sketchy thanks to the fish..

Top Bottom