• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balloon Fighter should be requested for this game

Zeela12

Smash Ace
Marth Roy, never had stages,

Dr mario didn't have a stage,

doesn't say much about anything, but since it's brawl, I'm guessing they're all gonna get at least 1 stage for themselves, and balloon fighter's chances become slim.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I think it's more of a comment on retro style games. But I think this is ultimately positive for Balloon Fighter purely because of the way sakurai worded the last sentence.
naw I doubt it.

Remember the meowth update? he just likes being cryptic for some odd reason... knowing what the japanese word for Meowth's coins was was completely usesless.

same thing here... just a bit of trivia

dr_awesome

Smash Apprentice
Marth Roy, never had stages,

Dr mario didn't have a stage,

doesn't say much about anything, but since it's brawl, I'm guessing they're all gonna get at least 1 stage for themselves, and balloon fighter's chances become slim.
I don't think that's true at all. Because you're assuming something without probable cause to do so. I think it's far too early to base probablility off an assumption. I'm not saying that each franchise won't be represented in that manner, but I don't see in evidence to convince me either way.

dr_awesome

Smash Apprentice
naw I doubt it.

Remember the meowth update? he just likes being cryptic for some odd reason... knowing what the japanese word for Meowth's coins was was completely usesless.

same thing here... just a bit of trivia
that may be true, but I don't think it necessarily impacts his probability for the worse. It's an obvious shout out to balloon fighter, and it's not unknown to us that balloon fighter was in the runnings even for melee, so, who knows? I could see it falling either way.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Yeah, but does that help or hurt his chances?

I also think it doesn't effect his chances. Say if Ballon Fighter was announced, doesn't mean he's going to hav his own stage...right? So maybe they just wanted to use the fish since he probably won't get his own stage.

But I think Baloon figher deserves to be in Brawl.(He has a lot of potential of being a good and unique character) We could sure use another retro character,let's hope the fish was a hint that he's coming soon on a DOJO update and not just as a AT, atleast that's how I wanna see it.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
I also think it doesn't effect his chances. Say if Ballon Fighter was announced, doesn't mean he's going to hav his own stage...right? So maybe they just wanted to use the fish since he probably won't get his own stage.
Why not? The Balloon Fighter stage (not this one, but one with bigger platforms) is perfect for smash bros.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Aaah, I see.

Well, the lack of stages for Marth and Roy can be chalked up to how rushed the game was. In fact, wasn't there an incomplete... aha! http://www.smashwiki.com/wiki/AKANEIA

I think every franchise ( if not every character ) will get an own stage this time around. It just doesn't make sense not to.
I'd say Balloon Fighter will greet us in AT form.

bizybozo

Smash Journeyman
awesome BF stage idea - when u go off one side of the screen, u appear on the other.
i.e, u'd only die if you were hit out the ceiling, or were spiked into the water? anyways, something to that extent.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
even if the BFs aren't playable, it still would have been nice to have a stage from the game... but, Alas, with the fish being in the IC stage, it is not to be so

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Meh... Balloon Fighter isn't much of a loss anyway, especially considering his game is a bloody rip-off of Joust... More original Retro characters FTW!
*coughTAKAMARUcough* anyway, he had a low chance anyways. I remember sakurai saying on the old melee JP site that in the IC's profile, he commented that Balloon fighter's potential moveset wasnt original or innovative at all. And that it was hard for him to even build a brand new and fun moveset from scratch >__>

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
I remember sakurai saying on the old melee JP site that in the IC's profile, he commented that Balloon fighter's potential moveset wasnt original or innovative at all. And that it was hard for him to even build a brand new and fun moveset from scratch >__>
He didn't say that at all about the Balloon Fighter. He only said that about the Urban Champion, Bubbles, and the Excitebiker. If anything, he was debating in whether he was gonna put the Balloon Fighter or the Ice Climbers in, the Ice Climbers making it.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I think you guys are being crazy. If Sakurai wanted to deconfirm BF, he'd do it outright. Otherwise, I think he's just hinting at something to come. Did he "hint" at Deoxys or Samurai Goroh or Mac or any of those? No. He just put them up. My guess is we'll know in the next few days if he's out or not. Or, I'd say bank him.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Maybe the Balloon Fighter will be like Ness and Captain Falcon in the first game, and Marth and Roy in the second; a character with no home stage to represent.

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
He didn't say that at all about the Balloon Fighter. He only said that about the Urban Champion, Bubbles, and the Excitebiker. If anything, he was debating in whether he was gonna put the Balloon Fighter or the Ice Climbers in, the Ice Climbers making it.
Erm...did you even read it? He included Balloon Fighter in that list of unworkable characters as well, citing the problem of his balloons popping as the reason he wasn't chosen.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
They can share the ****ing stage, **** it. Not every single ****ing franchise has to have its own stage.

bizybozo

Smash Journeyman
This post is mainly just so i can quote it in a more specific BF thread.

---BF doesn't belong in Brawl? He'd have a boring moveset?

Dude, he'd be a totally unique character. Just think about it for five seconds.
The character would be based on balloons, a special move could be to pump balloons, loose balloons, he'd be another character who didn't need an Up-B recovery. He'd fire darts, do something with the little electricity things found in his game... it'd be awesome. Plus consider that attitude towards the ice climbers before you saw them in melee. If someone said IC's would be in Melee you'd be like wtf? All they do is jump . . . and look what nintendo came up with - these characters are in good hands (Nintendo is god). Plus, the whole balloon idea, popping balloons, pumping balloons, another flying character - all point to a unique addition to the roster, which Nintendo loves. So please, please quit it with this argument.

bizybozo

Smash Journeyman
Another post for reference in my thread.

--BF stage would be boring? What else would BF bring to Brawl?

Dude, this is where its at. A Balloon Fight stage would be sick. Think of it, it'd be a "walk off the screen stage" (like mushroom kingdom II, Flatzone etc..) except when you walk off one side you appear on the other! This is
A) just like it is in Balloon Fight
B) an awesome idea that solves the curses of "walk of the screen stages"
C) allows for really cool ideas, like chasing each other in a match, combo juggling at super high percentages and so forth (think of fmashing ur opponent, they fly across the stage and as the pass you again, you hit them the other way... it'd be tight.

Then you consider that the stage would have water (which seems to be popular in Brawl as seen from E for All), and finally, its a stage where random, floating, midair platforms are completely natural! Amazing!

P.S. Don't hate me for double posting, think about why I'm doing it and it makes sense.

dr_awesome

Smash Apprentice
I'm really sad that people are so quick to shoot down his chances. You know. Brawl is a new game with different ideas behind it than with melee. It could easily be that Sakurai was against balloon fighter for melee because of time issues. i wouldn't be so quick to pull the plug yet guys.

bizybozo

Smash Journeyman
lmao ur the same dipshi t who posted in my thread.
did u even read the posts? geez ur irritating.

dr_awesome

Smash Apprentice
well, i don't know where the hostility is coming from, but yes, I read from both threads and it isn't too hard to realize that morale for balloon fighter is not on the up. I'm a supporter. I don't feel like this explanation should even be necessary.

Weruop

Smash Ace
I think if he has all his balloons, he jumps twice, and they are normal jumps, then he gets4 or 5 multi hops, and he flaps his arms for animation.

then if a balloon pops from taking a certian amount of damage, his 4 or 5 arm flap jumps, dont give him as much heighth

and once both balloons are popped, he only has his 2 jumps, and cant glide any more either

and if you use down b, he blows up a balloon( it takes a few seconds) and looses about 8%damage

:cool:

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
I dont think BF should glide....with 2 balloons he should be very floaty...with 1 balloon he is as floaty as Luigi I guess and then with no Balloons he should be as floaty as....Falco or something...since with gliding you can change the angle(not the direction)...it wouldnt make sense for him to glide with balloons...he should just have multiple jumps and be very floaty...

Weruop

Smash Ace
I dont think BF should glide....with 2 balloons he should be very floaty...with 1 balloon he is as floaty as Luigi I guess and then with no Balloons he should be as floaty as....Falco or something...since with gliding you can change the angle(not the direction)...it wouldnt make sense for him to glide with balloons...he should just have multiple jumps and be very floaty...
Oh yeah, good idea. so like, after the 2, ice climber like jumps( u know what i mean ) the next 4 or 5 jumps should be kind of like in the actual balloon fighter game, but kind of changed.

:D

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
You're not alone... O_O

I also support the Balloon Fighter. Well.. I actually suppor Alice (Balloon Kid) just a LITTLE more, because she has an identity, a face, a demeanor... (can't find the right word for it). She even has a victory theme song, and a bit more of a moveset...

BUUUUUUT.... She technically IS a balloon fighter, and a little less popular than the generic (original) one.

So... When I looked at your "some random pallete" option, I thought... maybe make Balloon Fighter look like Alice in one of his costumes. :p

Anyways... Alice or generic, I hope Balloon Fighter gets in as playable in some shape or form. And my idea would consist of him actually FIGHTING with his balloons on all the time. (Adds a level of strategy).

And a BF level is a MUST!

My balloons ideas:

If he has TWO balloons: His multiple jumps are as effective as Jigglypuff's
If he has ONE balloon: His multiple jumps are as effective as Kirby's (melee).
If he has NO balloons: He could still flap his arms, so that he falls a bit slower, but no height gaining.

Weruop

Smash Ace
Cool, i like it. U have good ideas. I think if he looses a balloon, he should pump it up with down b. And each balloon has about 35hp. And the 2nd balloon cant take damage until the 1st one is popped, cuz like in the game, 2 balloons cant be hurt at once

:)

pumping up a balloon takes about 2.5 seconds, and afterwards, BF wields a pump that he can throw. It does about 7 damage, then it breaks.(low knockback )

2balloons maximum of course.

and u cant use down b if u have 2 balloons

thats just what I'd like. and maybe >B to be kind of a short hop, and then a glide/ram straight forward, but kind of a swoop.( not too usefull, similar to Pikcahus >B )

wuduhyuh theenk?

If it weren't for the fact that the fish is seen in the Ice Climber level, I'd still support him. He would have been great. However, I can't imagine them merging the fish into IC's level if they intended to give him a slot (since I assume Sakurai will try to get everyone their own level, which I would also assume that BF's level would feature the fish).

Oh well. I'll support him for SSB4 till the end.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Balloon Fighter was supposed to be in melee, but do to time constraints and his awkward physics he was scrapped.

With all the time they have had with Brawl, expect him to be in as one of the new retros.

Like I said, I like BF, and I understand that he was going to be in. However, there's gotta be a reason why the fish is in the IC level.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
maybe they share that stage...?

honestly how many musical pieces exist in Ice Climber and the Balloon series? Itd make sense to mix both in.....PictoChat did it...Wii stuff is in that stage in My Music....

I dunno this is from a musical standpoint...

That'd be absurd, and unfair to Balloon Fighter to only give him a single, subtle mention in the level.

A Balloon Fight level is extremely simple - Platforms, water, fish, birds flying around, electrical balls.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
it is very easy to implement a Balloon Fighter stage...

but Im just pointing out the music standpoint since thats the ONLY weak link...

itd just be a bunch of remixes of the same song...

Top Bottom