• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balloon Fighter should be requested for this game

Stryks

Smash Hero
U have no imagination, I mean no one would ever imagine game and watch being in smash and there he is in melee, and jiglypuff is the balloon pkmn and hes a smash veteran...

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
He should die Jigglpuff is a balloon pokemon not a stupid balloon. Balloons are for kids Stryks how old are you if you want to play with a balloon?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Im freakin 17 and I can actually, like others, c Baloon fighter in brawl, he wouldnt always be floatin, duh, he is one of the most wanted retro characters in brawl, I dont know about u but retros rock!, its sad thats u can use ur freakin imagination and c him in brawl, hell I can c Duck hunt dog in brawl...

Stryks

Smash Hero
U really tought that trough didnt ya? he would move like any other characters, his jump would be similairs to Peach's up b, but after a while the balloons will pop and u wil lhave to think fast in other tu survive, also, there was a rumor that BF was in the beta version of melee but was replaced by the ICs (who the hell tought of THAT?!), so his chances are big no matter what u say...

Stryks

Smash Hero
lol u cant think of anything to say so u just changing subject, hey my english spelling is bad, im mexican sue me... Balloon fighter FTW!

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Nice picture, but you need to stop dressing up like a Dragon Ball Z character Sryks. It does nothing for you I'm sure.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Im betin u dess up like Bulma on halloween, lol ok ill stop spammin this thread I support Balloon fighter, and unlike others *CoughDWELLERCough* I can c him fighting in brawl...

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Yeah, I really dress up for Halloween I let the other fools like you make bigger fools of themselves just so you know.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
The day they'd let something like popping ballons not let a charcter in the game is the day they realize that they should take out swords because they would cut people in half and guns because they would drill holes through people's heads.

Sure, BF's Balloon popping is expected, but that as a reason for him not to be in brawl? I'm glad this game is being made by people with an imagination

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Tingle was backdrop for a stage, his balloon was ment to be popped easily. Now, I am not saying Balloon Fighter balloons WON'T pop, but that isn't a reason to exclude him. He could easily pump up new ones via Down B or something of the like.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Man dweller has no imagination, hes clearly sayin: "If I say balloons cant work in brawl balloons cant work in brawl!", u sir suck...

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Balloons are fragile and delcate and not meant to take a beating they can't work and you know it you sir are in denile.

Stryks

Smash Hero
U sir are in denile of using ur freakin head, and u seem an expert on balloons, u sell balloons dressed as a clown on weekends? The ballons wont matter they can be inflated but wont pop with damage, they will only pop when ur jumping (will have a gliding-like efect like peach's upb), and after a while they would pop, or they could be not inflated durin fighting, but his up b could be Balloons, they will inflate as will have the same effect like peach's upb again... u c if u use ur head u cn get some ideas, u wont hurt urself.. .well maybe XD...

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
If I did your the little kid who buys twenty of them and starts crying when they fly away. Also balloons a Parasol doesn't make and we don't need to recycle the same moves over and over again they need to have some completely original movesets.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
GOD, why did I ever put you on my ignore list? Oh yeah, it was spam, flame, and just plain idiocy, as seen in your previous posts. I should never have removed you from it. give some real reasons, and no "we don't need his 'ballooness' " isn't a reason.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Yes, it can, and I have acknowledged it snce the begining. I garauntee that if he is in Brawl, his Balloons will be able to pop.

TRUE OR FALSE:

Do swords cut people?
Do lasers cut people?
do bombs make things explode?
Did any items or weapons mathcing the bove make it in smash so far?

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
True, but then again isn't the objective to kill the other person and yes Smash is unrealistic, but ther is only so far they can take a creative license. humans can actually fly by themselves they just don't land well.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
And a character whose main mode of transportation is ballons being made into a character in a fighting game is creative. Not to mention he can take in other attacks from the game, such as the flipper and electric balls.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Basement Dweller what have you got against Baloon Fighter, he was in the Melee Beta there is no way he will not be in this. His game was one of the best on the NES. He is a popular choice and appears on most people's lists.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
two and there is no such thing as too unrealistic in Smash Bros. You have a tiny electric rat beating the crap out of a sword bearing elf. A small Pink fluffball consuming a fat italian plumber. A delicate princess beating around a giant turtle with a frying pan! How is a short man (or child) with two baloons to unrealistic for a game that has nothing even close to real in it.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Well, there Solid Snake for that argument :ohwell:, but I doubt he'll be too realistic using Smash physics (double jumps, wavedashing, etc.)

EDIT: Xanfeng's right. Snake with the other characters such as Kirby, Game and Watch, Pikachu and BALLOON FIGHTER will take away his realisim too

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Basement Dweller what have you got against Baloon Fighter, he was in the Melee Beta there is no way he will not be in this. His game was one of the best on the NES. He is a popular choice and appears on most people's lists.
Whoa there, xian. You gotta watch it with this stating opinion as fact... Just because he was temporarily in the beta version in Melee dosen't make him, despite his chances being very good, an absolute definite addiition to Brawl. There could have been other reasons he was removed besides the ICs being favored over him, like maybe his mechanics didn't work too well. And I wouldn't go so far as to say BF was one of the BEST NES games ever - a fun game yes, but FAR from the best... And saying he makes MOST people's lists is a bit of a strech as well - many, but not most...

As far as the choice itself, I'm always up for some retro rep, but I'd rather see Mach Rider, Mike Jones, and Bubbles be included first. (I'd also say Takamaru, but he would probably qualify more as a Japan-only character, even though he is retro...)

icymatt

Smash Lord
Why does Basement Dweller hate fun and happieness in all it's forms? And what's with his crusade against logic and sense? We really need to ignore him more.

Balloon Fighter works fine. He's a classic one-shot NES character who they could have some fun with.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
How many games was he in? Also Brawl should be focused more on incorporating newer characters that the new gamers would recognize more readilly. The purpose of the Wii's new "style" was to draw in new gamers, so to stick by this new game charcters should be incorporated.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Pit bites. I absolutely hate the idea that he made it in. His game is constantly mocked on national television by Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb. There will never be a sequel to his game because it was bad. So he shouldn't have gotten in Brawl. Unpopular and only has one game yeah he's a winner.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Pit bites. I absolutely hate the idea that he made it in. His game is constantly mocked on national television by Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb. There will never be a sequel to his game because it was bad. So he shouldn't have gotten in Brawl. Unpopular and only has one game yeah he's a winner.
Now them are fightin' words Dweller... So what if the X-Play co-hosts mock Kid Icarus? That program's become little more than a side-show recently. And to set the record straight, he has a total of TWO games - Kid Icarus (NES) and Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters (GB) - Check the facts before vomiting forth false info... And if he's so unpopular, why do you think he was among the first five confimed Newcomers to Brawl? You're obviously completely unaware of the game's legacy... Either that or you just like trolling...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Basement dweller is like the most negative guy out there, we give him facts and a ton of info and he just says something stupid and says it wont work...

Top Bottom