• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Balanced Brawl Version 2 Release

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Teching grabs in Brawl sounds awesome!!! Good-bye to chaingrabs :D

But in BBrawl (given the direction it already took), sounds too much of a game-changing trait. I mean, shield-grabs, an essential part of the game, would be screwed because they are very predictable... And most cool changes made to chaingrab characters would be useless...

LinkNinjaMaster

Smash Rookie
Thank you everyone!! ¡Gracias!

@LinkNinjaMaster:
1. ¿De qué parte de México eres?
Hehe, del estado de México.
2. ¡Qué bueno que te guste BBrawl! Estoy tratando de impulsarlo y hacer que gane popularidad en las más partes que pueda, y tu ayuda, aunque parezca pequeña, es muy importante.
Haha, ok, gracias. No tengo muchos amigos videojugadores que juegen Brawl, pero en lo que pueda, cuando regrese a la escuela, intentaré difundirlo también con los que pueda :)
3. Si aún tienes alguna duda sobre los Custom Stages, no dudes en mandarme un PM.
Ok, gracias, pero por el momento se resolvió a la perfección. De cualquier forma, si me surge algo, me agrada saber que estas dispuesto a ayudarme :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And, back to English, Thanks @King Luigi 128, like I was saying in spanish, the code worked quiet well indeed! Thank you very much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Elixir

Smash Cadet
I don't think that teching grabs would be a good thing for Brawl. I would make some grab-reliant characters lose a lot of their usefulness, and what of characters with really terrible slow grabs who already have difficulty getting one off, and would now also have to worry about just not getting the grab at all?

dansal

Smash Apprentice
Terrible, slow grabs could be 'transcendent grabs', in that they can't be teched by other normal grabs.

I don't know how to handle grab-reliant characters, though i'm not sure they'd suffer as much as you think they would with techable grabs.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
Is there even a BBrawl community that is active at all? Like, are people still playing this game? I have a group of friends that aren't really interested in the extreme differences that are in Project Melee or Brawl+ so I thought that this was the next best thing. They seem to really like it.

Last Elixir

Smash Cadet
Is there even a BBrawl community that is active at all? Like, are people still playing this game? I have a group of friends that aren't really interested in the extreme differences that are in Project Melee or Brawl+ so I thought that this was the next best thing. They seem to really like it.
It doesn't seem to be terribly active, sadly. I will happily vouch for it being a great patch though, I have a group of 4 friends that play it quite regularly!

NinetyL

Smash Rookie
Guys, I joined to ask a question about an issue I'm having with this mod.
I'm trying to play Balanced Brawl through Riivolution (yes, I absolutely want to use this method) but it doesn't work and I can't find any tutorial or guide that's clear enough on the subject.
I'm using the latest revision of BBrawl (revision 3 I suppose) and I actually can boot it from gecko OS but for some reason it is "incomplete". Not all the changes to the characters listed on the BBrawl dojo are applied, what the heck? For example: Link can't use the clawshot at the apex of a jumping spin attack, Jiggly can't summon items with her side taunt, Falcon can't cancel Falcon Kick into other specials, and a lot more.

Please, any help is greatly appreciated, this is getting exasperating. How do you set up BBrawl to be launched from Riivolution? :c

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I use Riivolution as well, so if you have any specific problem, you might contact me.

As for your questions, are you absolutely sure is version 3? If it is not, that's probably the problem.
The issue also could be the position of the files, that might not be the right one (depending on the launcher you're using, I use Bionic's latest one, which is much easier to usethan most codes arround).

Circle_Breaker

Smash Journeyman
You'd think that now that vbrawl has been officially deemed broken by the community with the banning of metaknight, this project would gain some popularity. You can use MK! He plays the exact same way! He's still probably one of the best characters!

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
That's exactly what I'm looking for, but people say "I won't ever play an unofficial mod" and makes me sad because is the closest thing to a rebalance patch we'll ever have on Brawl, specially considering that within 3-5 years we'll have next game up....

Also, I've been thinking about Snake, specifically, his Pikachu MU.
I mean, it is a terrible MU already, where whenever Pikachu can avoid granades and get a grab, Snakes gets heavily damaged, but the worse part of it is how Thunder DESTROYS Snake's recovery.
In BBrawl, without the chaingrab, it is certainly more complicated for Pikachu, but Snake still struggles against aerials dealing a bit more shield damage (Snakes camps hard on his shield, that's why he's often hit by Marth's Shield Breaker) AND the unchanged Thunder....

I'm not sure if it needs a revision, I need to watch the actual BMU -I just made up that term =P-, but theorically it might be a too powerful exploit....

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
From the beginning, Meta Knight has only be weakened in very specific areas. Shuttle Loop is still invincible but no longer a real KO move. Mach Tornado is just as safe but spits enemies out so that it is less rewarding to spam. Finally, down smash is a little weaker.

That’s it. Meta Knight even got a small buff of his own: Preventing the Infinite Dimensional Cape exploit actually lets him use the attack faster! He is still a nightmare when played by an expert; anyone who expects Meta Knight to be somehow weak in Balanced Brawl can expect to be very, very wrong.
Also, abusing planking is impossible here.
He's not even close to bannable-worthy in BBrawl.

I feel like I'm the only one responding. :(

Ryo242

Smash Ace
You must be the Kyokoro I heard about from Chai...
And this must be the Balanced Brawl thing...

... We should fight at some point. Open challenge to anyone I guess. I do enjoy BBrawl more than regular, especially since my character gets a clearly-obvious-fault fixed.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I guess that's me, apparently the only BBrawl enthusiast left, or at least the one that seems to be posting the most at the moment.

I'll take your challenge (and anybody's) when I got my Wii back from my brother-in-law.

Last Elixir

Smash Cadet
I try to come around once in a while! I just generally feel that I am both too rusty and nowhere near skilled enough at the game to offer a lot of insight on things. If there were a convenient way to play this online without a bunch of lag I would love to have some matches though.

King Luigi 128

Smash Cadet
I guess that's me, apparently the only BBrawl enthusiast left, or at least the one that seems to be posting the most at the moment.
Well I tend to lurk around here a bunch, but...

I just generally feel that I am nowhere near skilled enough at the game to offer a lot of insight on things.
(This. ^)
Though I usually attempt to help if some1 asks something here..
but it seems like you have that last 1 covered, so I haven't said anything.

I would love to have some matches though.
Same here.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
I foolishly accept your challenge!
And also anyone else's!

just um.. send me a way that we can.. keep connected so that we can fight at some point..

As for convenient way to play without lag online, Nintendo WiFi doesn't update that way nor has any announcement to patch Brawl's netcode been released/mentioned/leaked etc.. So the best way to play bBrawl online would still be to have someone else with a good connection (and get yours fixed!) since it's just code-swapping. I think..

Vyseskies

Smash Cadet
When i use the Timer item, the gravity becomes different from what is used to. Same occours with Brawl+ too. Is there a way to revove this weird effect from removing some .txt code for example? That would help me ALOT because i have another hack that the character can't connect the hits because of this effect. The enemy goes outside the range from what is supposed to be unless if i had playing the common Brawl. And that's really sad, because BBrawl is supposed to balance, but in that case it nerfs the char lmao.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It affects the Timer item, most Final Smashes, and other certain slow-downs or speed-ups.That's what you got when you try to hack timings.
afaik, there's no way to solve that at the moment, and progammers encourages people to play without items during the time they try to fix it.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I think Lucario is too good in bb3. I was playing against lvl 9 Lucario and he was very hard and had many combo's. In brawl, I usually 3stock cpu's, in BB3, I couldn't even 2stock lucario.

Vyseskies

Smash Cadet
It affects the Timer item, most Final Smashes, and other certain slow-downs or speed-ups.That's what you got when you try to hack timings.
afaik, there's no way to solve that at the moment, and progammers encourages people to play without items during the time they try to fix it.
indeed, that's what i expected..

I'm loving BBrawl even with that little downside. It's way better turn almost the entire game balanced instead of a slight buff in just one PSA hacked character. In x1 matches, no item is obvious choice because it depends only of yourself to win a match, but since there are so many people here on my neighborhood who plays this game often and at same time, they are used to play with items, leading more to a fun aspect. At least with BBrawl the game is better overall since it still fun and more balanced at same time.

I just hope someday we can play with our desired characters with full potential while enjoy BBrawl at same time :)

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
in balanced brawl 3, mario freezes when he uses down B. I noticed when i played against lvl 9 mario cpu. To unfreeze him you have to hit him.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
You're PAL. I'm assuming you're using an NTSC disc or whatever that shenanigans was. All I know is that water effects have issues.

Last Elixir

Smash Cadet
I think Lucario is too good in bb3. I was playing against lvl 9 Lucario and he was very hard and had many combo's. In brawl, I usually 3stock cpu's, in BB3, I couldn't even 2stock lucario.
These games are balanced around player versus player interactions, AI characters tend to cheat in various ways, giving them huge advantages over a normal player, but also be kinda dumb in ways and not understand what is going on around them, so depending on things, matchups against AI players could feel pretty hopeless irrelevent of the characters actual strength!

King Luigi 128

Smash Cadet
I'm not Pal. I am in NA.
Wait.. what? If that's true then why does your info say your location is "Finland"?

If your Wii/copy of Brawl really are from an NTSC region (USA) then something must be wrong with your files.
As I find it hard to believe no one else would have noticed those issues in the past ~8 months or so if that was normal.
(Besides I checked things myself a little while ago and haven't seen anything like what you mentioned.)

The simplest way I see to deal with this.. is to just clear off your SD Card and start fresh.
(Just be sure to make a copy of anything you want to keep & save it on your computer.)
Then try re-downloading the files and follow the usual steps to start it up...
See how everything goes when it's just those files on there & let us know how it went.

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
Wait.. what? If that's true then why does your info say your location is "Finland"?
[/COLOR]
I laughed.

Look at his location more closely.

"Oslo, Finland" Since when has Oslo (capital of Norway) been a part of Finland?

He has his location as "Oslo, Finland" to troll people to think something along the lines of: "wtf? oslo isn't in finland!!"

You fell for it.

King Luigi 128

Smash Cadet
Look at his location more closely. "Oslo, Finland"
Since when has Oslo (capital of Norway) been a part of Finland?

He has his location as "Oslo, Finland" to troll people into thinking
something along the lines of: "wtf? oslo isn't in finland!!"
Maybe if I was actually living in Europe I'd find that amusing.
But I'm not... so I really don't care. :glare:

Anyway, the exact location isn't important.. the entire point of this
is to find out whether this person is in an NTSC or PAL region.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh wow, I didn't know some obscure city in an obscure country was actually in some other obscure country.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Did you even read that book on Obscure Unicorn History I gave you?

But yeah, just wipe the SD card and then put things back on. :3 Have a folder for all your texture hacks as well so you can just combine the two once they are on the SD card.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I don't like how MK is in balanced brawl. Tornado is useless against some characters, and his 2 best KO moves are gone. I think he would have been balanced better if they raised the knockback on tornado and made it 1/3 slower that way it still works, but can't be used to combo and they could have decreased the knockback of Nair by 1/4 to make him only a little worst at edge guarding.

but I do like how Ike is in balanced brawl :)

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Actually, he's supposed to excel at edgeguarding. Getting gimps is his strongest attribute in BBrawl, that's why his kill options were reduced.
In short, he won't kill with Dsmash, but it'll serve as a setup for a potential gimp.

I don't like BTornado either, but I can't think on a better fix than the one they made (considering BB team won't change timings or spacing).

Ryo242

Smash Ace
I don't like how MK is in balanced brawl. Tornado is useless against some characters, and his 2 best KO moves are gone. I think he would have been balanced better if they raised the knockback on tornado and made it 1/3 slower that way it still works, but can't be used to combo and they could have decreased the knockback of Nair by 1/4 to make him only a little worst at edge guarding.

but I do like how Ike is in balanced brawl :)
[Please note that all caps lock in the following post are meant to be emphasized instead of shouted]
Well, considering MK had the two FASTEST moves to kill with, it was suggested that his gameplay be more suited to what he already has, which is to chase people off stage and then murder-late them with swift aerial tactics.

As for tornado, the nado was far too good. Never has a move had such PRIORITY, been usable as a RECOVERY MOVE, hits and TRAPS opponents, and can be chained upward and KO'S UP. It has a great design for FFA Sakurai Brawl though, since anyone not caught in it can set up for extreme fun later.

Ze Ike is so much better. When I had bBrawl set up on Tuesday, I found that Ike had a large survival rate due to Vantage. :3 That and all the other people playing didn't realize that stale moves was still in effect. I was going 200+ in the percentages.

Ukemi

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if you guys are interested in this at all, but would it be possible to figure out a way to balance the items in the game? The folks that do ISP figured out some stuff about spawn points, and if the items had some properties adjusted for balance, we could be looking at a game with lots of variety while staying balanced. (I guess the extreme would be to balance all the other stages?)

Oh, and as a casual player, I must complement you guys on how much more balanced the game is even at my n00b level.

ninjapenguin

Smash Apprentice
I just got Balanced Brawl, and I love the way it plays, but I want to add infinite replays, tags, etc. to it. Is that possible, and if so how do you do that?

Top Bottom