• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BADAZZ is way too small a word

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Is it just me, or do we ALL look at other people's suggestions and go, 'meh, that's okay, I guess,' but anything we ourselves think of is totally epic and you're gay if you disagree?
I usually just come up with silly names or agree with one other person.

ANYWAY, Solar Kick and other similar suggestions seems like we're on the right track, but if we're gonna have a... arg, let's see if I can remember my high school English... homonym? for the first word, we might as well make the entire name follow suit.

How about... the Solar Stuffer?
"Doe" and "dough" are homonyms. You're thinking about alliteration.

... Though on second though, that just sounds like a space bake mix. >.<
Indeed.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Is it just me, or do we ALL look at other people's suggestions and go, 'meh, that's okay, I guess,' but anything we ourselves think of is totally epic and you're gay if you disagree?

I'm not saying I do this... much, but I was just wondering if anyone else does. >.>

ANYWAY, Solar Kick and other similar suggestions seems like we're on the right track, but if we're gonna have a... arg, let's see if I can remember my high school English... homonym? for the first word, we might as well make the entire name follow suit.

How about... the Solar Stuffer?

... Though on second though, that just sounds like a space bake mix. >.<
I get that feeling too. Maybe we should run through the moves, keeping a list of all the suggestions (may get messy), and then when we finish talking about each move we call for a vote. I think this would get things a bit more organized and it would be clearer which name actually won. And it would be easier to all the names, so people would probably be less inclined to ignore other suggested names.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I usually just come up with silly names or agree with one other person.

"Doe" and "dough" are homonyms. You're thinking about alliteration.
No no, those are homophones.

A homonym is a word that has multiple meanings.
A homophone is a word that is pronounced the same as another word but is not written the same.
A homograph is a word written the same as another word but not spoken the same.

Since orthography isn't part of capital-L-Language, only the 'homonym' category is considered genuinely referential to linguists. Thus 'homophone' becomes interchangeable with homonym for them, and the name just means "a word (string of sound segments) with two wholly separable meanings," or even two distinct syntactic categories (e.g., present as in here, and present as in gift).

Notice that present as in give is not considered the same word as the other, since it has a different pronunciation.

EDIT: OH NOEZ! The foregoing has an error. Shame. I'm going to blame it on trying to hold two conversations at the same time.

I get that feeling too. Maybe we should run through the moves, keeping a list of all the suggestions (may get messy), and then when we finish talking about each move we call for a vote. I think this would get things a bit more organized and it would be clearer which name actually won. And it would be easier to all the names, so people would probably be less inclined to ignore other suggested names.
I don't like a vote. If the name doesn't get resounding approval, it's not worth it to take any action at all. If we're going to rename things, we should just keep looking until we find something incontrovertibly amazing.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I don't like a vote. If the name doesn't get resounding approval, it's not worth it to take any action at all. If we're going to rename things, we should just keep looking until we find something incontrovertibly amazing.
Good point. But I'm just somewhat confused as to how we know when a name gets that kind of approval, because so far we've only been throwing out names without stopping to talk about them and see what kind of approval they get.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Why are we ashamed of Sparta Kick? People I know respect that name. I K.O.d them, they themselves supplied "SPARTA!!"
*confusion*
Why, you ask?.. WHY?
Well, Leonidas can't send people flying 50 kilometers with one single kick.
. . . Ganondorf can ;]

I like "Horizon Kick".

I was about to suggest "180¨ Kick", but then I realized it sounds stupid.

'Hades Kick' would be awesome, but I can't find a reference ;\

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Why, you ask?.. WHY?
Well, Leonidas can't send people flying 50 kilometers with one single kick.
. . . Ganondorf can ;]

I like "Horizon Kick".

I was about to suggest "180¨ Kick", but then I realized it sounds stupid.

'Hades Kick' would be awesome, but I can't find a reference ;\
Hmm, well Hades does appear in the names of many of Soul Calibur's Astaroth's attacks... pretty good ones, too. 22K, 22B, 6K. . .

What about "Horizontal kick that sends you into the distant sun, and destroys your scrotum as a fun surprise"?

What of a name like "[Noun] of [descriptor] [noun pl.]"? Like ... King of Red Dragons Red Lions (I was trying to name him the first time). The syntax makes it automatically sound authoritative and powerful.

So... Kick of Red Suns. Except probably not that.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Hmm, well Hades does appear in the names of many of Soul Calibur's Astaroth's attacks... pretty good ones, too. 22K, 22B, 6K. . .

What about "Horizontal kick that sends you into the distant sun, and destroys your scrotum as a fun surprise"?

What of a name like "[Noun] of [descriptor] [noun pl.]"? Like ... King of Red Dragons. The syntax makes it automatically sound authoritative and powerful.

So... Kick of Red Suns. Except probably not that.
I thought of the King of Red Lions when you said that.

I like what Kick of Red Suns implies. But it is a bit awkward.

I do like the form, but we need the right word(s). Everything I think of with this form in mind sounds cheesy or forced.
"Kick of Deep Space" (from FD's suggestion)
"Boot of the Dark Lord"

In a different style, we could try "Power Punt"

Going back a bit, I also like Solar Kick (PK's idea).

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
"Boot of the Dark Lord"

In a different style, we could try "Power Punt"
Oh my gosh, that's it!

Rug Scuttle Punt, from The Rug of Infinite Power!'

F3niix's thread, remember?

Or
  • Boot of the Profaned Rug
  • Boot of the Tamed Persian (sorry)
  • Headboot
  • Boot of Sullied Doormats
  • Rug Scuffle
  • Mat Stamp
  • Boot of Far Horizons
  • Boot of Near Horizons :chuckle:

:)

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Oh my gosh, that's it!

Rug Scuttle Punt, from The Rug of Infinite Power!'

F3niix's thread, remember?
What are these? I like the sound of Rug Scuttle Punt, but I'd like to know what it's about.

Maybe the syntax mentioned before will work better for another move. Like Fair, for instance, could be "Fist of Dark Vengeance" (or Justice, paying homage to it's relative, Knee of Justice).

Or the punch of UpB could be "Vanquisher of Last Hopes" (although I think the name could be applied to something else, just not sure what).

Although, I just realized that a name using such a syntax would be too long and people would just end up calling it something else. It's a bit tedious to type out when you're talking about a move.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Boot of Near Horizons
Lulz

How about "Cun
t Punt"? x) ... JK

Didn't anyone like "Shotgun Kick"? - Ganon sends them flying extremely horizontinal, just like if they were shot by a Shotgun.

Tormentor Kick
Canyon Kick
Coup de grace Kick
Death blow Kick
Thug Kick
Kick of Despair
<- Characters with bad Recovery comes to mind x)
Kick...... of....... Demise . . . <- "Demise" is such a versatile word <3

Breezy

Smash Ace
How about Banhammer?
Or like, Boothammer?
Or simply, Boot? Simple, straightforward, and to the point. Like Ganonsburg said, using that syntax, names end up being too long. We need something catchy we can just yell out in the middle of a match after kicking the **** out of somebody. I think "Boot" works for this.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
One thing to keep in mind. These names are entirely so that we have something to shout out when people die to our over-the-top moveset. (And yes, many things I've said have ignored that.)

Thus, a name like Boot really could be the one. I mean you could actually exclaim 'boot' if you K.O. someone with it. (I think that taunt works best vs. short lightweights, by the way.)

Even still, I had forgotten I had used GANON-BANNED! two times before. That's fun too. Best on Falco or Ike, so you can say it a full second before they actually die and look all confident. (PK-Tip: Additionally, pull out the sword against Falco, but face the respawn point and sidetaunt for Ike. :upsidedown:)

To apply this to jab (sorry to go backwards), I feel as though Jab's sound effect itself is all the decoration it needs, and so I'm trying to find some onomatopoeia for that sound.

Back to ftilt, I have confirmed that what Ganon is actually doing is a straight kick. He lifts up, and goes straight for the knee (on a similarly sized character, anyway). Apparently, the Smash equivalent of collapsing the knee is getting horizontally gimp-murdered.

@Ganonsburg: Search for "True source infinite volcano", or just true source if that breaks the piece of **** search function. You're looking for The TRUE Source of the Dorf's Power.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Hmm... Doesn't "Boot" sound way too standard?

btw, PK-ow!.. I really thought "Coup de grace Kick" would catch your eye.
Is it not the same thing as a finishing strike/blow/slash?
... Maybe I'm mistaking.

B!squick

Smash Master
To apply this to jab (sorry to go backwards), I feel as though Jab's sound effect itself is all the decoration it needs, and so I'm trying to find some onomatopoeia for that sound.
The word you're looking for is dome. That's how I imagine it anyway.

I think we should just abandon FTilt. As awesome as it to use and even though it is another awesome part of Ganon's moveset, there's nothing special or flashey about it what so ever, other than that it can be used to move forward about an inch. I think it's time we just move on and leave it as "the not murder kick kick".

Noltron

Smash Rookie
The mauler is a good name.
just think of what your face would look like after you got kicked like that.

Imagine shouting:
You just got mauled!

Or you dont even have to imagine it. Just shout.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Oh no you don't! This thread is not gonna die.

Dsmash: King's Divide / King's Cut.

Ganondorf is the King. And the King always gets what's coming to him.

ftilt: I looked up the French. We could just say coup de grâce, since 'coup' itself just means blow or strike. We could make up botte de grâce, which would mean whatever coup de grâce does, except speicifically "boot" at the beginning (the noun standing for 'a booting'); or we could say coup de pied, a strike of the foot.

Whatever is used though, it can only be GANNON BANNED! that is said afterwards.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Oh no you don't! This thread is not gonna die.

Dsmash: King's Divide / King's Cut.

Ganondorf is the King. And the King always gets what's coming to him.

ftilt: I looked up the French. We could just say coup de grâce, since 'coup' itself just means blow or strike. We could make up botte de grâce, which would mean whatever coup de grâce does, except speicifically "boot" at the beginning (the noun standing for 'a booting'); or we could say coup de pied, a strike of the foot.

Whatever is used though, it can only be GANNON BANNED! that is said afterwards.
Word. This thread must not die... yet.

I've not been at home very much lately. We'll continue with this soon enough
(Including the "How to 'Dorf"-thread) .

botte de grâce Does "botte" mean boot?

We can do Dsmash when I've red through all Ftilt-posts.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
I Love Ganon's Dsmash ! I think is very Stylish the Performance. Unfortunately isn't a great attack for Ganondorf.

I liked the name Schyte Sweep.

Sweep Kick, since the first hit pass through the opponent's body.

I hope you guys can give a nice name to Dsmash.. =]

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Scythe kick is actually pretty awesome. I think the problem with most of the names is that it doesn't feel natural saying "you just got _________ed."

weinner

Smash Apprentice
Scythe kick is actually pretty awesome. I think the problem with most of the names is that it doesn't feel natural saying "you just got _________ed."
Why don't we call all of our moves **** then?

That way we can just say "you just got ****ed".

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Yeah... "Scythe Kick" is awesome!

Why don't we call all of our moves **** then?

That way we can just say "you just got ****ed".
Yeah.
And it could be a little different depending on WHERE you KO 'em

Star KO = you just got f
ucked UP!

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
There's something I have to say on this topic. I don't know why I waited. It's something we absolutely have to confront before we can move forward on the subject at hand. Oh, and it's also something I am uniquely qualified to explain (nyeh nyeh).

It will take me a while to write up. Don't let it stop anyone, though.

Scythe is cool IMO.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
- I'm at the edge of my seat, PK-ow.

Two more:
Reaper Sweep (like in The Grim Reaper)
Lawnmower Kick

Top Bottom