• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BACK ON: Columbia, MD - May 31 - Cyberden

Vist

Smash Champion
I'm almost definitely going to be here and I may be needing a teammate =)

I just won a small, localized tournament for $250 and looking to branch out. Looks like this is the place.

I'll probably be there with a big group, gettin' it gettin' it.
a local tournament in severn? hmmm

I'm always down in the severn area and I know several other ppl around there that are pretty good. We should definitely play especially if you're trying to branch out. I'll try hitting you up on AIM or something..

Coney

Smash Master
It was actually in Crofton...not too far from my place. I hang out with a crew of about 8 - 12 smash players that range from decent to incredible. Love to play you sometime :O

MaxDeUh

Smash Journeyman
I was at Cyberden today, practicing. Kinda bummed that it's going to be gone after the tournament. I talked to some of the employees today, and they really didn't know a lot. But I hope there is some chance that Cyberden remains open. Best way to spend a Saturday night.

HAT

Smash Ace
i'd like to appeal the pokemon stadium random stage. it's very awkward and bad in brawl. i'm sure there's widespread support on this one.

i'll probably be coming- why is cyberden considering closing, though?

edit- emboldened for effect. it's important.

IcyFire!

Smash Rookie
Hey I live in Severn and me and a friend are looking to come to this. We're both good and if you want to come play sometime this week before the tourny that'd be cool or maybe sometime after. My aims DaSoccerChris so hit me up if you want. Otherwise I'll see you guys there, look for Jelly Squad

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Is there a spectator fee? I have a friend who may be coming but he's not tourney level yet, so he probably wouldn't be interested in entering the actual tournament.

Spitfire668

Smash Cadet
i'd like to appeal the pokemon stadium random stage. it's very awkward and bad in brawl. i'm sure there's widespread support on this one.

i'll probably be coming- why is cyberden considering closing, though?

edit- emboldened for effect. it's important.
Are you talking about Pokemon Stadium 1 or 2??? I took Pokemon stadium 2 and Skyworld out of the counter pick list becasue of complaints but I have not gotten any for Pokemon Stadium 1.

And JCaesar007 there is no spectator fee so your friend is free to come by and watch all he wants.

HAT

Smash Ace
Are you talking about Pokemon Stadium 1 or 2??? I took Pokemon stadium 2 and Skyworld out of the counter pick list becasue of complaints but I have not gotten any for Pokemon Stadium 1.

i'm talking about stadium 1. it's a ludicrous map in both games, but in brawl.. it's crazier. someone else support/refute this.

chinesahh

Smash Lord
i'm talking about stadium 1. it's a ludicrous map in both games, but in brawl.. it's crazier. someone else support/refute this.
**** you hat stadium was the **** in melee

in brawl i agree it shouldnt be neutral, but its not ludicrous -.-

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
he's right, spitfire, there are only 4 neutrals in brawl...sadly

FD, battlefield, yoshis, and animal crossing :/

stadium 1 can be a coutnerpick, but the overall changing of the stage promotes camping, the ledges are ******** in this game and characters randomly get stuck, and the windmill is just obscene

edit:: i see you have lylat on random too, that level should NOT be random either :/

it sucks there are only 4 suitable randoms, but blame sakurai for making a partygame

Lukky

Smash Cadet
Lylat can be neutral, there is no reason for it not to be, it just isn't universally loved by everyone

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Wrong, the level clearly favors certain characters that don't get ****ed by the tilting. When some chars aim towards the ledge the level can just tilt and they die.

hova

Smash Champion
i like Lylate better than Smashville. the edges screw over everyone and you can definitely plan for the tilting.

Meep's not coming : - (

any TA want to team?

Spitfire668

Smash Cadet
Pokemon Stadium has been removed. I kept Lylat since there seems to be some confusion towards the stage. That and only 4 neutral stages is way to boring.

NekoSempai

Smash Rookie
Personally.. i like how everyone wastes their ban on such a fabulous stage.. when you could save it for something that is actually gay.. like Frigate >_>
QFT. The gay death potential on Frigate is multiple times more than friggin Lylat.

Nonetheless, who's trying to play some friendlies within the next 2 days before the tourney? I could use some non local matches.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
is kirbstir coming to this? if not, ill team with you hova. im still not really sure if i can make it but im down for melee on friday at some point, after which ill probably stay over for the tourney. call me and such

Squirtle the Master

Smash Cadet

And JCaesar007 there is no spectator fee so your friend is free to come by and watch all he wants.
If you remove any stage, for god's sake PLEASE remove Mario Circuit. The cars interuppt the battle and take up a good portion of the stage. And when there aren't cars at the bottom, D3 can just chain grab until death. PLEASE BAN MARIO CIRCUIT!

hova

Smash Champion
i hope everyone realizes that we're playing by our own rules. someone just needs to show up early to explain everything and help sort things out

we can show them why certain stages are banned and explain reasoning behind the communities rules

IcyFire!

Smash Rookie
QFT. The gay death potential on Frigate is multiple times more than friggin Lylat.

Nonetheless, who's trying to play some friendlies within the next 2 days before the tourney? I could use some non local matches.
If your down for some friendlies tomorrow you can drop by and play with me or me and my friend. We could use some practice before the tourny. Anyone else who want to play is welcome too.

Edit: I'll be on aim for a bit tonight if anyone wants to set something up

Lobos

Smash Master
So we have to sign up before 2pm? Hmmm depending on how many people show this actually might be late lol but we'll see.

Top Bottom