• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BACK ON: Columbia, MD - May 31 - Cyberden

Silent Mike

Smash Cadet
I have both component and composite cables, I can bring both just in case. Are all your tvs LCD/HDTVs or regular tvs?

echos

Smash Journeyman
I can come to this deffinatly its only like a 45 minute drive for me and i can bring my console with me for sure so if you need it the offers there :)

Spitfire668

Smash Cadet
Well, we have 4 wii's and 12 tv's. Meaning up to 8 more people can bring there systems, preferably with component cables. Plus it gets you $5 off the venue fee if your one of the first 8 to bring it.

Steck

Smash Journeyman
I'll try to be there

Are Wavebirds allowed/ would it make much of a difference for a Wavebird player to just use a regular GC controller provided?

Spitfire668

Smash Cadet
Not so sure this is still on guys. Sorry. Seems we have hit some hard times and might not be able to stay open. i will post back with further details.

Spitfire668

Smash Cadet
It is official as of today. Cden will be closing on the 18th. We are having 1 last Lock-in and then we are out. It was a good run but alas we just couldn't keep going.

And ya, alot of centers have taken a big hit. It was an extremely bad winter combined with a recession, not many places were able to last. Hope to see at least a few of you for the lock-in midnight-10am on the 17th-18th(sat-sunday). Gl to everyone.

OffTheChain

Smash Ace
It is official as of today. Cden will be closing on the 18th. We are having 1 last Lock-in and then we are out. It was a good run but alas we just couldn't keep going.

And ya, alot of centers have taken a big hit. It was an extremely bad winter combined with a recession, not many places were able to last. Hope to see at least a few of you for the lock-in midnight-10am on the 17th-18th(sat-sunday). Gl to everyone.
No Johns

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
blower :/ was actually kinda excited...... although i'm doubtful.... do u know of any other places near columbia that would allow a tourny to be hosted?

Bizel

Smash Rookie
I stopped by cyberden today and the tournament will still be on. i think it would be nice if all MD smashers would try to support the den and Maryland gaming in general

Spitfire668

Smash Cadet
Yes, Bizel is correct. The tournament is back on and we will not be closing until after May 31st. But alas online Pre-registration is not going to happen, sorry.

~rh

Smash Lord
Nyah. we'll live w/o prereg. I'll try my best to get there.

Makximum

Smash Rookie
Great! One last tournament at least, and I've never missed a Smash Bros. tournament at Cyberden. Looking forward to playing everyone and seeing how long I last ;)

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
yo, ur now cool by default haha (even though you couldn't control the tourny occuring or not) but now there's a may tourny within distance for me to go to... what changed? was there a miscommunication? or did something change allowing it to occur?

Jump20X6

Smash Apprentice
Well, it's looking like I'll be leaving for Indiana on the 31st. Good luck to everyone who goes though. JCaesar, feel free to find another partner.

I'll try to represent the DC area well at the tournament my brother (DastrnMarco) is running on the 7th, "Smash and Coffee."

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
hey, quick question... why are the semi- and finals being held on final destination? some characters need platforms when matching up against certain characters. or people like with projectiles have an advantage on final destination. i'm going regaurdless... was just wondering.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
P~S you need a partner for this? I'm in the market;)
haha, i would... but i already have one lol.... and if that doen't happen.... two of my other friends wan me to be lmao... but ur better than the other two, so if this partner doesn' work out... i'll let u know.

does anyone know why the semi and finals r on final destination? outta curiosity

~rh

Smash Lord
Sucks that I got a friend who sucks as a partner D: Will be his first time in a tourney so I don't wanna let him down by dropping him though. xD That would be mean anyways~

Bizel

Smash Rookie
darn right you all better show up! this is from the cyberden website:

Life Support??

Well the news that CYBERDEN will be keeping doors open for a while should make many of you happy. We are working hard to keep things going on our end and thank our amazing customers for showing support over the last few weeks.

One thing we have been hearing allot of since we announced our possible closure was that people who lived just blocks away didn't realize we existed. Some were shocked that after 2 years they were coming in our store for the first time only to see it closing.

This is one of the many trials of owning a small business in Columbia . With the sign restrictions and the emphasis on hiding all businesses behind shrouds of trees we must rely on word of mouth more than ever. So we call out to our over 4,000 users to invite a friend... tell a neighbor. If you had a birthday party at our store and enjoyed it then tell your friends at work about us.

We are working to get our name out on our end as well but the only way independent businesses can thrive and compete is with grassroots support. So if you love the idea of CYBERDEN... or have grown to see it as a second home. Bring a friend and give us a chance to make them happy.

Thank you,
The Management

Coney

Smash Master
I just won a small, localized tournament for $250 and looking to branch out. Looks like this is the place.

I'll probably be there with a big group, gettin' it gettin' it.

Top Bottom