• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BACK ON: Columbia, MD - May 31 - Cyberden

Spitfire668

Smash Cadet
i hope everyone realizes that we're playing by our own rules. someone just needs to show up early to explain everything and help sort things out

we can show them why certain stages are banned and explain reasoning behind the communities rules

Essentially I am trying to get as close to the staple of Tourney rules you guys have set up. Only problem is I dont have much time to check... any forums and from what i have seen there isnt a set rules like there was for Melee. So I am more then happy to change a few levels day of or if anyone explains on here what stages are crap and it is supported by more then 2 people I will change them today. Mario Cuircut is out, I forgot about D3's stupid chain grab.

(And just an update on the status of Cyberden, we have extended our closing till the end of June and will be holding at least 1 more tourney before we close. Depending on how well this goes I might make it just a 1v1 or 2v2 or keep it as a 1v1/2v2 tourney, depends on how smooth/long this one goes.)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
why is nobody expressing their hatred towards lylat? XD there's a reason it's not neutral at C3's AND travis's tournies...

hova

Smash Champion
lylat is fine; i definitely got used to it from banning FD and getting it on random so much

i'm all for bringing it back to the neutral rotation... plus four neutrals is not enough; especially when two of them get banned from the jump

Lukky

Smash Cadet
Can someone explain why Norfair is not on for counterpick, the lava is easily avoided and if brinstar was on in melee I don't see why norfair is off in this

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Essentially I am trying to get as close to the staple of Tourney rules you guys have set up. Only problem is I dont have much time to check... any forums and from what i have seen there isnt a set rules like there was for Melee. So I am more then happy to change a few levels day of or if anyone explains on here what stages are crap and it is supported by more then 2 people I will change them today. Mario Cuircut is out, I forgot about D3's stupid chain grab.

(And just an update on the status of Cyberden, we have extended our closing till the end of June and will be holding at least 1 more tourney before we close. Depending on how well this goes I might make it just a 1v1 or 2v2 or keep it as a 1v1/2v2 tourney, depends on how smooth/long this one goes.)
Really, copying the Critical Hit rules/stages would be fine with pretty much everyone here, and I'm sure Travis wouldn't mind.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yeah...i guess some ppl dont mind lylat.

norfair is stupid tho lukky, im glad its not on. It's not anything like brinstar in melee.

Vimm

Smash Rookie
I've never gone to a videogame tournament and it gets old beating up on my friends so I thought I'd hop on the internet and see if there's any Smash Brothers tournaments around. Sure enough, I found this lovely board which mentions several in Maryland. Heck, I've literally driven by Cyberden to get to the MVA office but I didn't know there were tournaments there. I think I'll drop by on saturday.

If I may make a suggestion for rules, as I said I know nothing about videogame tournaments (so I really don't care) but in general I find it good to start by copying someone else's rules who's more experienced. Once you've seen their rules in action you'll get a feel for what you like and don't like and can tweak them to your liking. Just a suggesion.

Also I don't own a Wii, though I've tried out Brawl a bit. I see someone mentioned getting some practice tonight? Perhaps I could drop by for a bit and join in. I know the Melee characters well but I don't have any strategies yet for fighting the new characters.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
expect me and my bro to be there.

Anyone want to team?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
hdtvs always lag with brawl, no matter how good they are, because wiis don't output an hd signal and it has to convert it. Component cables help but the lag is still noticable. CRTs >>>>>> hdtvs.

nohomo

Smash Rookie
That was a good tournament. Thanks to all the people my partner and I played, you guys were pretty good. I hope this venue has another tournament sometime soon.

Spitfire668

Smash Cadet
I would like to thank everyone who showed up today. It was a great turnout 32 teams for Doubles and 72 people for singles.

Congrats to Azen, Lukky, and Korn for taking first, second, and third in the singles. And Azen+Chu, Jayo+Lukky, and Boss+Korn for taking first, second, and third in doubles.

Again thank you everyone for coming down and makeing this tourney run smooth. Thanks esspecially to everyone who brought a WII and game and Plank for helping alot during the begining to make things go even smother.

Keep an eye on the forums for our next event I will be posting another tourney for the 29th sometime with in the next week.

Good luck to everyone in the next event.

boss8

Smash Hero
hey nacker remember the time at cyberden you and okin had 0% and i wwuz on my last life if 0% and i still manage to **** your rob and okin's lucas...****...but that obviously wasn't me...it wuz the usual suspect....XD

did i mention i wuz by myself...

Spitfire668

Smash Cadet
Congrats to Azen, Lukky, and Korn for taking first, second, and third in the singles. And Azen+Chu, Jayo+Lukky, and Boss+Korn for taking first, second, and third in doubles.
I will be posting the full brackets on Monday, I just figured out how to do it and I am omw out the door.

HAT

Smash Ace
only showed up at the end, but it looked like this was a good tournament.

i hope you guys stay in business, cyberden. i'll do what i can to help you guys out.

good **** spitfire. hope to see you on the 29th.

Jayo

Smash Apprentice
Good **** everybody

J Ceaser/Great Ike vs Rob Battles

Unknown/I'm looovin ya snake. It's an inspiration. Keep it up

Shoutout to Azen,Chu,Boss, and Korn for those epic battles...We gotta run that back

5 Justice League Brawlers Crew members placed in top 10 on the teams bracket

Jayo & Lukky placed highest with 2nd on teams

And Lukky placed 2nd on Singles.

Congrats to everyone

Click on my signature and subscribe to the thread

JLB CREW

~1~​

-Aether

Smash Journeyman
I got 7th, I think. I lost to Korn before the losers semifinals. The winners bracket was done by then.

<-- Ntpetit's SWF account.

nohomo

Smash Rookie
Boss and Korn- Nice match. Not sure if you remember our Wario/Metaknight team, but we would definitely like to play you guys again. We choked xD

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
They told me I got 9th, woohoo, first top 10 at a major tourney!

Good **** everyone I played, too many to remember. Lots of close matches, and I didn't get trounced in my losses to korn and chu, even took chu to the 3rd match, so I'm very satisfied. That was my best tourney ever.

Also special thanks to my teammate DEMN! How did we get 5th??? Too good. We gotta come up with a team name for next time. Monkeybot? Robokong? Gyronanners? I dunno.

Oh and P~S, I'm winning that dollar back in 2 weeks, watch out!

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
man, im not that good yet, but my crew is on point. good stuff at everybody getting top 10 in teams at your first tournament as a crew. lukky killed it, taking out a bunch of good players to get 2nd. jayo, good stuff on teams. your snake is becoming problematic. you definitely need to enter singles next time.

edit: who recorded stuff?

Top Bottom