• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

B.E.A.S.T. II - 11-14 Aug 2011 [ROAD TO APEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I think a piece of my heart just shattered into multiple pieces..

*cries*

:(

if I were to pull of some nonsense, at genesis, and i'm a go on a limb here, but make idk top...25? would you play Yoshi again?..

n_n *sigh of hope*

oh wait.. im not entering, just appearing...

*egg rolls away*
I'll show you my yoshi at genesis 2 if you want lol

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
Are you guys going to open a thread for housing? :O
Some of the italians will need housing on the day before the tournament and all of us will need it on the last day :x

angel_without_heart

Smash Apprentice
lol rocky you want some falcon training isn't it!
I'll MM you don't worry even if i'm playing sheik more often than falcon.

-Ice-

Smash Apprentice
yo rocky i like to do falcon dittos :p
would you agree to a mm ? 200 sek ?

stelzig

Smash Lord
I'd probably donate to a hbox fund :)
Eagle, Oskar, and I have bought our tickets now.
Chansey will be buying his tickets today or tommorow, and so will tomber(! First time going back to Sweden since RoX4! :o):)
A bit later than expected, but chansey, tomber and navn have bought their tickets now as well. Tomber is not on the list of interested players at the moment so you might wanna add him :)

Mononoke

Smash Rookie
Okay, I will be here with 4 others friends.
You can add :

- Mononoke [ FR ]
- MetalFox [ FR ]
- JiM [ FR ]
- Tenebron [ FR ]
- Datto [ FR ]

Thanks ;)

Armada

Smash Lord
I sended a PM to lolex when I readed AvengerAngels post.

I thought he would make a thread when he saw it (cause he has send me a anwser).
Well I will text/call him now so a thread should be up today =)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Can anyone house me on the 14th? It would make my flight considerably cheaper (return flight would be 21:30 on the 15th).

Lolex

Smash Journeyman
Correct, Jonas. I wasn't there for a long time either, otherwise I would have contacted you for sure :)

Dax

Smash Journeyman
Hello! I have two simple requests.

1) we're planning to take Bus 36 at the airport instead of the flygbussarna. Can we buy this kind of ticket in the airport too? Or on the bus? (but are they more expensive if bought directly on the bus?)

2) I was trying to use the travel planner as suggested on the http://www.vasttrafik.se/en site to verify the route but it did not say to take Tram 11. It suggested:
Bus 36, Bus 25, Bus 99, Tram 9
(after the central station: Bus 99 Hjalmar Brantingsplatsen Hållplatsläge H
Kungssten Hållplatsläge G
To: Frölunda Torg via Norra Älvstran

Tram 9 Kungssten Hållplatsläge B
Käringberget Hållplatsläge B
To: Saltholmen
)

Is this correct also?

If not,
Is " Säve Flygplats, GÖTEBORG (Hållplats) - Käringberget, GÖTEBORG (Hållplats) " correct as trip? Or should I put something from " Nya Påvelundsskolan
Ängkärrsvägen 22, 426 77 VÄSTRA FRÖLUNDA " (not sure what to put LOL)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I might actually be coming to this?!

I'm guessing that I'll be the only american coming? this could be interesting. good thing I play samus, otherwise I'd have problems with PAL

Oskar

Smash Cadet
Why would it need an American player to qualify as an international? There are like 10 different nationalities in attendance as it is.

I guess 'intercontinental' is the word you were looking for lol?

Aniolas

Smash Ace
Hello! I have two simple requests.

1) we're planning to take Bus 36 at the airport instead of the flygbussarna. Can we buy this kind of ticket in the airport too? Or on the bus? (but are they more expensive if bought directly on the bus?)

2) I was trying to use the travel planner as suggested on the http://www.vasttrafik.se/en site to verify the route but it did not say to take Tram 11. It suggested:
Bus 36, Bus 25, Bus 99, Tram 9
(after the central station: Bus 99 Hjalmar Brantingsplatsen Hållplatsläge H
Kungssten Hållplatsläge G
To: Frölunda Torg via Norra Älvstran

Tram 9 Kungssten Hållplatsläge B
Käringberget Hållplatsläge B
To: Saltholmen
)

Is this correct also?

If not,
Is " Säve Flygplats, GÖTEBORG (Hållplats) - Käringberget, GÖTEBORG (Hållplats) " correct as trip? Or should I put something from " Nya Påvelundsskolan
Ängkärrsvägen 22, 426 77 VÄSTRA FRÖLUNDA " (not sure what to put LOL)

1) I guess the walk to the bus stop will be a little longer (but not very), but apart from that it sounds like a good plan. If you have a visa or mastercard, you can pay on the bus. Cash is however not accepted. If you buy it in advance it will cost 16, not 21 sek per person (I think). I'm not sure that you can buy tickets at the airport. Look around for a "Pressbyrån" (a small store with newspapers and candy etc) and ask if they sell tickets.

2) I think Lolex was a little bit lazy and just copy+pasted from this winter. During most 9 months of the year, it's only tram 11 that go to Käringberget. But june-august tram 9 do it aswell. (Tram 9 Saltholmen, not Angered)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
lol, you guys. anyway, I hope I can come and enjoy this once in a lifetime chance to smash with top players from another continent.

I hope that if I do come most of you will help translate what I say and vice versa since I don't speak swedish and my french is that of a 3rd grader

Paju

Smash Journeyman
I hope that if I do come most of you will help translate what I say and vice versa since I don't speak swedish and my french is that of a 3rd grader
No problem on that one because most of Europeans don't speak swedish or french either. We will speak mainly english on the tournament (atleast when talking to people outside of your country).

Btw Mayhem, Jekkukissa, RTpmwe and saska from Finland are confirmed to come and bËst, Laatikko, PeliQ and I are very likely to come also. I highly doubt that other finns who are on the interested list won't come.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Oh, americans...
I didn't actually expect you guys to speak english as the main form of communication at tournaments. I assumed you just spoke it on the boards

Ørn

Smash Journeyman
Now I'm curious, what made you think French would be the dominant language?

EDIT: Re-reading your post, I'm guessing you just listed the language you were (somewhat) proficient in, haha. Never mind the question.

For the record, I'm fairly sure the schools in every country in Europe teach English as the primary foreign language, so you should have no problems communicating.

stelzig

Smash Lord
^I *think* he might just have looked at attendants and noticed that there would be alot of french players. :p

I remember at TSL4 (southern France) I would at times have trouble communicating with a few people, but even then it was manageable. In northern europe the standards in english are rather high though so you should have no problem communicating. Gamers also tend to be better at english than your average person (in my experience anyway)

In case you should need help translating it definetly won't be a problem either :)

Lolex

Smash Journeyman
I didn't actually expect you guys to speak english as the main form of communication at tournaments. I assumed you just spoke it on the boards
Well, we do :) It would be quite, well, impossible to host an international tournament otherwise.

Also, I don't actually want to sound rude.. I'm not that kinda guy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom