• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Axs 3

altairian

Smash Lord
I have a brilliant idea to clear up these ride shennananananagans. Get CJT to go and drive!
That is indeed a brilliant idea. Pretty sure he won't go for it though =(

So who exactly was it that wanted to get a ride with me? my aim is altairian7 if someone wants to talk to me there about it, I don't want to leave anyone out but like I said, my car only fits 5, so I can only bring Vibe + Pat + 2 more

altairian

Smash Lord
He lives in Binghamton? Unless he's gonna drive an hour in the opposite direction to pick people up, he's not gonna be picking up the people that I'd be picking up.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
That is indeed a brilliant idea. Pretty sure he won't go for it though =(

So who exactly was it that wanted to get a ride with me? my aim is altairian7 if someone wants to talk to me there about it, I don't want to leave anyone out but like I said, my car only fits 5, so I can only bring Vibe + Pat + 2 more
I was looking for a carpool to go with.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Good to go for Saturday, I believe. Hope to see everyone there.

MetalPat

Smash Ace
for alt is was supposedly me zaandaa and vibe who though e were getting a ride. then tyrant and CAC kinda wanted to last minute? cac hasnt really made the effort on here to get a ride though. and tyrant is new to the scene so it would be nice to get him into a tournament to see how he likes it.?

PhilCobb

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pheel510
3DS FC
4957-4219-0231
Those of you that will be coming into Syracuse via Public Transit/Bus Station - I can get you a ride. I'll probably be showing up a bit early to get my setup set up (hur hur) and I can pop over to the bus station around 9:30 or so. I'm going to need contact information so just hit me up with that. Also if things run late with the tournament or some fit really hits the shan, I can take a trip to Ithaca.

HUYPE!!!1!!!one!!!

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
I really hope CAC doesn't get left behind. I need to team with that DK again. Pat, seriously convince CJT to go and bring some people. Offer him sexual favors or something. But yeah Pat, if you want to go to Binghamton afterwards I can definitely do that, as I'll just have Dudu and Honeybadger in my car. That would at least alleviate the ride problem on the way back.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
Well hope it's not too late to join in on the fun. I'm new to the tournament scene but me and two of my friends have decided that it's about time that I start playing competitively so I know what it's all about.

:phone:

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Good stuff kricu, definitely come and bring everyone you can :D. Fest friday!

sauc3

Smash Lord
So since I still have no ride my only option is to take the bus. It would get to Syracuse Greyhound Bus Station (131 Alliance Bank Parkway, Ste. 50) at 9:30 am. I think San might be taking this bus too. I would then have to get back to this bus station by 5pm for the return trip. Can I get a ride to and from the bus station, and also is the Melee event very likely to finish by 4pm? I really need to know because I absolutely must get home that night.

Also, I NEED A MELEE TEAMMATE! Who is still available that wants to take 1st place?
yo lets team, we can take first (I can provide references :p)

MetalPat

Smash Ace
I really hope CAC doesn't get left behind. I need to team with that DK again. Pat, seriously convince CJT to go and bring some people. Offer him sexual favors or something. But yeah Pat, if you want to go to Binghamton afterwards I can definitely do that, as I'll just have Dudu and Honeybadger in my car. That would at least alleviate the ride problem on the way back.
yeah bro i talked to him and i guess hes hiking in the catskills or something?
idk :p
dont think im talking him outta this one.

EDIT: i wouldnt want either tyrant or CAC to get left behind. the only thing is that CAC hasnt really made an effort to get to this. he heard about it for the first time last friday and then said "maybe if i can get a ride" tyrant is just finding the scene and seems to be trying hard to get into it. both are good players. so idk. i guess whoever is willing to pay alt more :p

Itsnotmyfault

Smash Journeyman
Well hope it's not too late to join in on the fun. I'm new to the tournament scene but me and two of my friends have decided that it's about time that I start playing competitively so I know what it's all about.

You wouldn't happen to be from the albany area would you?

H0LEintheW0RLD

Smash Rookie
I'll be there. I can most likely bring a setup as well (gc or n64)

If you can bring an N64 that would help a lot. We may have a fairly large group of people interested exclusively in 64 (the Engineering frat at SU), and I told them there'd be 64 there. They're bringing their own I think but unfortunately I don't know what the controller situation is...

Also, somewhat off topic, I have a friend with a cube he wants to sell (no controller, he sold that separately). Anyone interested?

PhilCobb

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pheel510
3DS FC
4957-4219-0231
Sure, how much was he looking for?
I'm assuming of course he has the power chord and video hookups.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
N64, Is dependent on the number of setups and if we have set ups, due to hamburgler not coming we dont really have a set up unless someone provides it. Assuming we have a set up im thinking about running it along with melee singles or melee doubles so about 1 P.M

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Ok, hopefully some of these SU guys can bring some consoles and controllers. I have my own controller and am willing to lend it for tournament matches.

SSBMaster11

Smash Rookie
If you can bring an N64 that would help a lot. We may have a fairly large group of people interested exclusively in 64 (the Engineering frat at SU), and I told them there'd be 64 there. They're bringing their own I think but unfortunately I don't know what the controller situation is...
I'll definitely bring my n64, then. I only have 2 controllers, though, so, unfortunately, I can't bring any extras.

Dai Luna

Smash Cadet
I also invited another fraternity alumni that I met during my statics review. He said his entire house plays N64 a lot, so they might show up. Honestly I should just go up to all the fraternities with posters (I didn't think of it before, durp). Oh we also changed the poster a little bit to include an address, a 2nd Smash Bros. Logo with the actual game title, and entrance fee goes to Hurricane Irene victims (I didn't know exacly what percentage of profits go there so I ball parked it). We should have probably put in cash prices as well... I think that might have helped a lot.

Although I guess the only use of getting student like these in competitive events is increase cash price, diversity, introduction to competitive play and adds fun to the experience. Hell, a few might might up the game competitively other than that yeah....

Hey I'm just wondering is there gonna be any decent sized crt tvs or projectors??

*Back to studying statics, exam tomorrow*

BetaBahamut

Smash Journeyman
Hey I'm just wondering is there gonna be any decent sized crt tvs or projectors??
lol not really. you guys gotta get used to those tiny ones in the apartment. They are mostly what you will get at tournys with a only a few decent sized tvs at every tourny .

Dai Luna

Smash Cadet
Ughh... We're thinking of the possibility of renting CRTs from SU? Doesn't ESF have some you could rent Frannie??

I don't particular dislike small one's. I mean they get the job done but... they're small.
Big ones are just soooo much better! Everyone can see what's going on instead of squinting and wondering what the hell is going on. Size matters don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Ughh... We're thinking of the possibility of renting CRTs from SU? Doesn't ESF have some you could rent Frannie??

I don't particular dislike small one's. I mean they get the job done but... they're small.
Big ones are just soooo much better! Everyone can see what's going on instead of squinting and wondering what the hell is going on. Size matters don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Pyro I think is bringing his behemoth monster tv.

ChAncell0r

Smash Rookie
Well, Utica's best Brawler will definitely be there. c:

And ill be bringing:

A Wii.
A 30'' standard def.
One spare Gamecube controller.
A copy of Melee, and obviously my copy of Brawl.

Ill probably be showing up pretty early, so that you guys can use my tv and console for your Melee tourney.

Other than that, ill be having some friendlies and stuff to just kill the time in the middle of it.

Top Bottom