• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AwesomeNESS : A Ness Main Interview - ViceGrip

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
34GL3 tries PSI Healing σ on this thread...

It didn't work very well.

_clinton

Smash Master
Clinton starts to lurk this thread...

Clinton started to feel strange...

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
1337-0!!!!

Where the **** are you?!?!?

How the **** are you?!?!?!

Been playing SSBB recently?

Wanna start playing melee? or have you played melee?

why does melee greatly improve all of my DI and other skills for SSBB?

favorite....
move of ness?
move in the entire game?
move in Smash Series?
game?
food?
movie?
music (all different categories: song, genre, artist, album, etc.)?
board game?
Apples to Apples adjective?
--on a side note, would you like to know about my friend's version of apples to apples?
card game?
video game?
hobby?
sport?
everything?

Please name him.
Name her, too.
Name your friend.
Name another friend.
Name your pet.
What's your favorite thing?
Favorite homemade food?

EDIT: ^this last paragraph/portion/whatever you call it needs to be asked of everyone.... I didn't answer it when I was being interviewed, so i'll answer now.

DIX or Ethernet (depends)
Switch
Coax
Fiber
Router
10GBaseXY
Packets/Bytes/Nibbles/Bits

^I tried as hard as possible to make them match up well...

EDIT2:

@1337-0

Do you like DIX?
Have you used something with DIX before? (I know you have... XD)
Do you think other people are fond of DIX?
How long ago did DIX change?
What is DIX called today?
Which 10Gb ethernet type would you most likely use for yourself? (needs to be fiber, so 10GBaseXY)
Are you a hub, switch, or router?

^my networking class makes lots of funny jokes...

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Do you like to get grabbed? (obviously not... you are in a bad situation with Ness' grab release gheys.... :( )

Uffe

Smash Hero
Do you still play Brawl?

If so, how good have you gotten?

If you were Ness, what would you do?

What is your favorite topping on pizza?

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
1337-0!!!!

Where the **** are you?!?!? Bel-Air

How the **** are you?!?!?! Pretty good. I've been doing a lot of theater stuff in school lately, so I've mostly been lurking :p

Been playing SSBB recently? Heck yes, I can't let you guys get too far ahead of me

Wanna start playing melee? or have you played melee? I LOVE Melee, but I completely blow at it. I'll probably enter Doubles with my friend, but that's it

why does melee greatly improve all of my DI and other skills for SSBB? Sakurai implanted a skill-reducing chip in the brains of Melee players. As a result of his scheming, any player of Melee loses skill the more he plays. That lost skill is converted into skill that can be used in any non-competitive game. He chose Brawl, thinking it would hurt the competitive aspects of Smash Bros.

He was wrong. Dead Wrong.

favorite.... I generally prefer "...", but "...." is okay too
move of ness? D-tilt
move in the entire game? Crawl
move in Smash Series? Master Hand's Finger Rocket from 64 (You KNOW he's flipping you off 'cuz they changed it later)
game? Ninja, but I really like all games
food? The rotting carcass of a Marth player
movie? Yu-gi-oh the Abridged movie (Any of them, they're all hilarious)
music (all different categories: song, genre, artist, album, etc.)? Oh, wow, I like EVERYTHING. I really like video game music, but if I had to pick a genre I'd say Classical. Oh, my fav song changes all the time, but right now it's Your Truth Is My False by Motoi Sakuraba
board game? Risk. I played it once, and technically won with a disgusting treaty method which I would be happy share if anyone's curious lol
Apples to Apples adjective? Hmmm...I'd have to say Cranky, but I'm sure there's one I like even more
--on a side note, would you like to know about my friend's version of apples to apples? **** Yeah! I love bending the rules.
card game? Duel Monsters, but I don't know how to play it, which doesn't really matter.
video game? Punch-out!!! Wii, love that game
hobby? Drama, I'm better at that than Brawl XD
sport? Basketball
everything? The bagel

Please name him. David
Name her, too. Mother
Name your friend. *******
Name another friend. Bowie
Name your pet. Zorc
What's your favorite thing? Skippy
Favorite homemade food? Pickled Dandelions With a Diesel Marinade

EDIT: ^this last paragraph/portion/whatever you call it needs to be asked of everyone.... I didn't answer it when I was being interviewed, so i'll answer now.

DIX or Ethernet (depends)
Switch
Coax
Fiber
Router
10GBaseXY
Packets/Bytes/Nibbles/Bits

^I tried as hard as possible to make them match up well...

EDIT2:

@1337-0

Do you like DIX? Nah, I don't follow those fads
Have you used something with DIX before? (I know you have... XD) No, but one time I pulled up a radish that reminded me of DIX
Do you think other people are fond of DIX? She likes them. She's quite savvy in that area you know.
How long ago did DIX change? You'll have to ask her. She's quite savvy in that area you know.
What is DIX called today? COX
Which 10Gb ethernet type would you most likely use for yourself? (needs to be fiber, so 10GBaseXY) Well, I try to get a lot of fiber in my diet...I'd probably go with 10GBaseXX, for her sake.
Are you a hub, switch, or router? Airport......ohhhhnoooooo.......

^my networking class makes lots of funny jokes...
Do you feel the phrase "Don't Get Grabbed." haunts you, and your honor as a Ness main?
No, I believe it's Ness's warcry. Nothing feels better than charging headfirst into a Marth screaming

DON'T. GET. GRAAAAAAAAAAAAABEDSPARTA!
Do you like to get grabbed? (obviously not... you are in a bad situation with Ness' grab release gheys.... :( )
Yeah, actually. It makes me feel more masculine in comparison.

Do you still play Brawl? Yes

If so, how good have you gotten? Well, according to the NYS Power Rankings (sans NYC), I'm 6th in the state. And I'm the only Ness on the list, so I think I'm doing alright. I don't know how credible PRs are though :p

If you were Ness, what would you do? Try PSI Skippy Omega. The Peanut Butter would be EVERYWHERE

What is your favorite topping on pizza? The absence of any toppings whatsoever (I'm a cheese guy)

Done. Keep asking, this is fun! ;)

Uffe

Smash Hero
What is your favorite genre in music?

Do you have a favorite quote?

If Ness wasn't in the next Smash game, who would you use?

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
What is your favorite genre in music?

Do you have a favorite quote?

If Ness wasn't in the next Smash game, who would you use?
1. Classical, but I don't know enough about musical terms to know if that's a genre XD

2. Yes: “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”

-Theodore Geisel (A.K.A Dr. Suess)

3. I'm an extremely manipulative person, so I'd continue to use people for my own benefit regardless of whether or not Ness shows up in SSB4.

j/k, I'd probably use whoever they chose as the "WTF" Character (y'know, like Pichu or Mr. Game & Watch from Melee).

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Own any EarthBound clothing, keychains, etc?

Have you played, and beaten EarthBound?

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
-.-

DIX is an abbreviation...
D = Digital Equpment Corporation
I = Intel
X = Xerox

DIX is what later became Ethernet, which is used in the sending of data (in frames) between computer over several different mediums/media. It is a common misconception among many people for what Ethernet is, but it is basically known to networking ppls as "a standard for network technologies that share the same basic bus topology, frame type, and network access method." that is my net+ book's definition. Ethernet covers not only twisted pair cabling (UTP/STP; Cat5, Cat5e, Cat6, Cat6a, etc.), but also fiber optic cabling (multimode, singlemode, the many different types of connectors for the cables which make cables slightly different from one another...) and coaxial/copper cabling (although less important for computers today and instead more for tv and cable modems)...

With that, the later versions of fiber optic cabling types involve 10Gb Ethernet, as does Cat6. Our net+ book is funny in that it states the options in which a fiber optic "type" bases on 10GBaseXY, where X changes based on the type of light/fiber used in the cabling and Y changes based on LAN or WAN. With everything concerning Ethernet, bBase(?) is how the type of cabling is defined, b being the bandwidth of the cable type and the (?) being what type of cabling it is being used (T is twisted pair, C(X) is normally coaxial/copper, and fiber is crazy... Fiber more depends on the bandwidth in terms of naming the (?) part of it...)

hub = nub (hubs just send data to everyone else without thinking intelligently as to where things go)
switch = good/pro (switches are smart, because they manage connections between computahs based on their mac address, losing nearly no bandwidth in comparison to hubs)
router = TOO PRO!!! (routers do tons of calculations/managing of connections between networks based on IP addresses... There's lots to learn about routers and I've only scratched the surface of info. I might take some classes in college in order to learn more about such things, like Cisco's IOS that configures routers and several other things).

Did you like my extensive lesson on networking stuffs?

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Own any EarthBound clothing, keychains, etc?

Have you played, and beaten EarthBound?
1. I wish T_T

2. ! reallyreallyreallyreallyreally want EB, but I don't have it, never played it, and subsequently, never beat it :cry:

@EagleI: Yes, I did XD

MD.Dude

Smash Cadet
13370. Based on your success as a ness main in your small town rural area, can you answer these questions?

1. Do you think Ness mains win some percentage of their matches because most players do not know the match up?

2. Do think you would have placed better in tourneys if you would have went olimar that one fateful day?

3. Do you think we will win in melee doubles?

4. Do you think mango would use ness if he played brawl?

5. Why does your ness style on ( KID. Goggles.) ?

6. If you and alt stop doubling for brawl can we be on teams?

7. back to ness questions. Do you believe you are one of the top ness mains in the world?

8. If so can you tell me why i styled on you that one time?

9. Nyeh?

10. Do you support ness and lucas Yaoi.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
13370. Based on your success as a ness main in your small town rural area, can you answer these questions?

1. Do you think Ness mains win some percentage of their matches because most players do not know the match up?

2. Do think you would have placed better in tourneys if you would have went olimar that one fateful day?

3. Do you think we will win in melee doubles?

4. Do you think mango would use ness if he played brawl?

5. Why does your ness style on ( KID. Goggles.) ?

6. If you and alt stop doubling for brawl can we be on teams?

7. back to ness questions. Do you believe you are one of the top ness mains in the world?

8. If so can you tell me why i styled on you that one time?

9. Nyeh?

10. Do you support ness and lucas Yaoi.
Oh **** it's MD.Dude

1. I think some people use that as an excuse, is that enough for you?

2. I did go Oli that one fateful day. And I lost. Which is the reason I main Ness.

3. I think we will participate in Melee doubles.

4. No, but wouldn't it be funny if he were a Peach player? Just sayin'.

5. Because Goggles ain't got nothin' on Ness. His Sonic on the other hand...

6. Probably not, my dad is next in line (He's pretty beast now).

7. I pretend I'm one of the top Ness mains in the world.

8. I honestly can't remember you styling on me ever. How does THAT make you feel?(rhetorical, I know you're crying right now)

9. Whattaya talkin' about, Nyeh?

10. Oh, wait there isn't a #10. That last thing you said was a statement.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Who would you say are the top ness mains in order? If you can't decide between two, use parenthesis and a slash between the names.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Who would you say are the top ness mains in order? If you can't decide between two, use parenthesis and a slash between the names.
1. Shaky
2. 1337-Zero
3. Smash64
4. Me
5. Isai
6. Myself
7. Tristan Taylor/David Bowie
8. MoP
9. It took me a reeeeeallly long time, but I've finally decided that no one deserves the #9 spot.
10. EB360

I actually have no clue, I haven't played anyone in forever!!!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Vice Grip

Dog Latin

Flarble

Where are these people on your list sir.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
1. Shaky
2. 1337-Zero
3. Smash64
4. Me
5. Isai
6. Myself
7. Tristan Taylor/David Bowie
8. MoP
9. It took me a reeeeeallly long time, but I've finally decided that no one deserves the #9 spot.
10. EB360

I actually have no clue, I haven't played anyone in forever!!!
It's kinda sad that I have to point this out...lol. Look at the bolded people.

Done?

THREE of them are me, and TWO are LK impersonations.

Now look at the 2nd bolded sentence.

"I have no clue" The list isn't serious. And yes, I know ALL of those Ness players.

jokepostisajokealsothispostisajoke

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Don't know if this has been asked or not but...
How did you come up with your name? :O
Wellllll,

It started about a year ago. My friend and I were about to head off on a hunt for the greatest treasure known to man. We didn't know where it was, or even what it was, but nevertheless we began our search.

The first leg of our journey brought us to a pleasant field with a menacing castle far off on the horizon. We came across a young fellow who had lost his father to the master of the keep. He knew how to get through the castle's security and agreed to accompany us on our quest. After hours of dodging death traps and relentless guards(dead and alive, mind you), we approached the door to the the master's murderous lair. To our surprise, we discovered a hideous dragon, as well as the skeleton's of past heroes. Luckily, our newfound friend's knew the beast's weakness, the cacophony of a certain creature, and used its melody to slay the beast. Our reward: the first key to unlocking the secret of our treasure.

The next path brought us to a world where light and dark, day and night, intertwine. We searched this strange world in hopes of discovering the next clue to our wondrous trove. We crossed through a creepy forest, filled with violent plants and rocks that moved. And the end of the forest, there was a disheveled old mansion and a small well. We entered the mansion (assuming it was haunted, yet knowing we'd the strength to face any sort of evil we encountered) and searched its entirety. In the middle of our surveillance we met the ghost of a young girl who had once lived in the mansion. She said she was killed by an evil spirit that now haunts her home. She recalled a hidden entrance to the main room of the house, where the murderer sleeps. She led us to his lair and, amazingly, we saw that the maniacal being appeared to be a small child wrapped in a bed sheet. We engaged in battle with the young one, and he revealed to us powers of perfect replication. Despite the confusion between him and us, we vanquished the terror and earned our second key.

The third, and as we discovered final, key was a cinch. We learned that it was being held in an antediluvian museum located in the posh mountains not far from the twilit world. We took a three-day ride on a luxurious train to reach the rich peaks. On the third day, we ran into trouble. The smoke coming from the train became possessed by an unknown evil and attacked the passengers. I, my partner, and our newfound friends teamed up and defeated the miasma. When we reached the museum, we discovered a bizarre painting in a spacious room. After searching for some time, the key had still not shown up. We were about to give up hope, when my partner stumbled upon a portal that sent him into the depths of the painting. In no more than three minutes within the oils he had recovered the last key.

We took the three keys to an underground palace. We joined them together, and used their powers to reveal a secret door that without a doubt would contain the greatest treasure we had ever seen........

Not too sure what happened after that, i'm pretty sure I was unconscious. But on the way back home I thought to myself, "Hey, 1337-Zero" sounds like a pretty cool name. It's the top and the bottom, everything and nothing, all at the same time!" And then I joined Smashboards.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
lol, whats ur best advice to ness mains like me? ( slightly naive)
Play as many good people as possible, go to LOTS of tournaments.

Learn to use PK Thunder to perfection. Don't recover the same way every time, use figure-8 curves and other weird stuff to make it back. Use ALL of Ness's moves, each one has a use (If another PK Flash argument starts up I seriously am gonna lose it).

Just train as much as you can and you'll do great :bee:

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Have you ever pulled off a pkflash uncharged > nair/uair combo?

Do you think ness' flash is too good?

Do you believe the dtilt sweetspot?

Pi?

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
ok, so whats your strategy for playing ness?
Generally, I use PK Fire a TON for pressure (mixing it up so I don't get punished), PK Thunder for camping and mindgames, and Fairs and Dairs for a combination of the latter. I sometimes get too aggressive when playing and I don't think, but I try to keep on my toes as much as possible. I Perfect Shield a lot of the attacks my opponents use (So I try really hard to predict moves).
If I had to classify, I'd say I play a SNAFU Ness. I'm not real good, so I try to make my opponents make poor decisions and play predictably.

Have you ever pulled off a pkflash uncharged > nair/uair combo? Heck, I've even pulled off some charged combos.

Do you think ness' flash is too good? No. The Flash is extremely useful, but difficult to apply in some situations. It's a 5/10 move for me.

Do you believe the dtilt sweetspot? Not really, but I do believe there's a relationship between the opponents % and the part of Ness's foot they're hit with. I know some moves seem to always trip at certain parts at certain percents on certain characters. Of this I'm certain.

Pi? kachu?

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Would any other Ness mains like to do this?

*Updated OP with a picture, need to SERIOUSLY update the interviews haha*

Top Bottom