• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Austin TX, Brawl/ Melee tourny July 11th

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
All of a sudden, my mother's surgery date gets changed and I can come.

I will still be bringing Pop'n. No, I don't know anybody, since I don't know anything about the scene. I just play by myself. I'm only up to like... difficulty level 32-33 ish :( Still a newbie.

Yes, I dabble slightly in Guilty Gear. I play a terrible Faust.

Yes, I will consume all your consumables. Yes, this includes pizza and soda.

Yes, I would totally play Bushido Blade, because it looks awesome. No, I've never played before.

Yes, this format of posting is incredible. No, I will not be stopping.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
lol I'm afraid I'd have to charge you lol a bit more on topic we only have like 6 TV's and only a few Wii's PLEASE PEOPLE BRING MORE STUFF!!!!!! p.s. I dont mind horribly if you bring your own TV's and play other games just as long as you keep it sectioned off and dont tell me your bringing those TV's for the other games just dont let it affect the tournaments ect.

forkgirl

Smash Lord
thanks austin :) put me down as a maybe (want to come, will see if i can), and my gamecube as a maybe. and a small white tv that got used at sos' biweeklies, so it should be fine.

artarian

Smash Journeyman
If I bring Bushido Blade/Ehrgeiz, would anyone play with me? :)
i will play both, but i havent played either in a very very long time and i was never any good at it, but yeah, ill be down

i will also be down for some GGAC casuals if its there.....pozer, seeing how u live in austin we should play sometime maybe.....im in alaska for another day, get back Wednesday morning.

ill be coming for sure since its around downtown where i live, not sure what all ill be entering, but yeah, ill be there

AustinRC

Smash Lord
We need more people for Melee COME ON YOU Smashers!!!! I know yall wanna play Melee!!!!!

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Lee, I don't know if you're aware how good Xelic is. His Peach is easily one of the best in South Texas. He and Caveman place highly in every doubles tournament they enter, winning most of the ones in Texas. Don't call him a noob tourney.

/impersonation of Mr. Mosquito

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I guess I can try and go...there is Melee!

I've traveled a lot farther for a lot less.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I will be entering Melee, as well as Rayzorium.

Kal

Smash Champion
It's times like these I wish I could make my own ASCII art.

reqy

Smash Journeyman
why the hell is this on a friday?
Dont skip class!

I also vote for a Tournament name change! I think we can come up with something alot better especially since Austin's hosting the tournament in Austin.

PS. That waffle was supposed to do something....

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
This is Austin on JF's account what would you like to change it to? I think Gettin' Smashed is a reasonable name for a tournament also the tournament is on a friday because first off it fits my schedual and second off if it was on a Saturday the rent for the place would be nearly tripple what it is on a friday.

HOLY **** ITS LEPRECHAUN I LOVE YOU LITTLE GUY!!!! PLEASE COME!!!

bluezaft

The True Zaft
The tournament name:

The Austin Melee/Brawl Official Undertaking of Renovating Its Nondescript Events. Or, for short, TAMBOURINE.

Personally, I love the way the full title just rolls off the tongue.

Kal

Smash Champion
New and Exciting, Cool, Totally Awesome, Ridiculous, Incredible Noob Event.

NECTARINE

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Wow guys.... just... wow, those are some very good names on the other hand I dont think most other smashers would understand most of what yall said "neither did I for a minute but thank god for wikipedia."

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
It kind of sucks that the venue is on a friday, but you gotta work with what you got.

BTW, any chance you can have pics of the venue?
Just wondering.

I've yet to check out the place myself, but if the Saturday price is as large as stated, it better be a good venue lol ;o

AustinRC

Smash Lord
I started taking some pictures.... Then my camera died... *crys* I've been there twice now its a very legit place "Free candy for little kids" is written on the side. No worries its totaly legit. But in all seriousness its VERY big we wont use most of it "I think" But yeah anyway its huge. Oh well if you want to look at the place yourself go there on Tuesdays and just say your checking the place out for the video game tournament. Its Tuesday at 7:00

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Yeah foo this **** will be awesome *trips over bottle* Hopefully the "You dont even know" crew will making their first apprearance here xD. *trips again*

Top Bottom