• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Austin TX, Brawl/ Melee tourny July 11th

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Gettin' Smashed!

July 11th at Oddfellows Hall.

Registration begins at 11:00 AM. Registration ends at 11:45 AM. The tournament begins at 12:00 noon.

$5 door fee.
$10 for Brawl singles.
$10 for Melee singles.
$10 for Brawl doubles.

If there is sufficient demand for it, as well as enough time, we will have Melee doubles.

WE NEED TV'S AND Wii'S!!!! Please PM me if you can bring some we really need them.

So far we have 2 Wii's and 4 TV's

Brawl Singles/Teams

Double Elimination
Matches will be best 2 of 3.
Finals and Semifinals will best 3 of 5.

Neutral Random stages:
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Final Destination

Counter Pick:
Battleship Halberd
Delfino Plaza
Corneria (Melee)
Great Sea
Rainbow Ride
Frigate Orpheon
Castle Siege
Brinstar (Melee)
Green Greens (Melee)
Pokemon Stadium
Jungle Japes (Melee)
Lylat Cruise

Everything else is banned.

No items.
Time Limit: 8 minutes
3 stock
At the beginning of a match players can opt for a double blind pick.

Each player can strike one non random stage.

At the start of the first round, each player can use one random reset.

After the first round the loser picks the stage, the winner decides what character he will play and then the loser will pick their character and the next round will begin.

Stall tactics such as..... whatever they are at the current moment.... are banned, unless they are for recovery purposes.

Venue details:

Address:

6809 Guadalupe St.
Austin, TX, 78705

Phone:

(512) 459-0864

Contact Information:

My AIM screen name is Gamewiz199.

JesusFreak's Phone number is (512) 914-9745.
His AIM screen name is Igomoo

If there are any questions, feel free to ask me or JesusFreak.

If this tournament is successful, expect sequels!

Melee Entrances

Arc
JesusFreak
Sethlon
Chang "maybe"
Xelic "maybe"
Kal
King Mosquito "I think"
DCX
Bluezaft
Kwanzai "if he can make it"
PAX
Forkgirl "She WILL come no maybe"
RoyR
D'oH
Tuxedo Maniac

and a few of my friends, plus a few people who dont normally post here idk their names so over all about that many plus like 6 to 8 more people.

Stealing and Vandalizing from or to the venue will result in an immediate *** kicking out of the venue and you will be put on the permanent banned list for my tournaments!!!!!!

Kal

Smash Champion
If there's a guarantee of Melee friendlies during the Brawl tourney, I'll show up.

Anyone want to Melee money match?

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
PS1 and Lylat on neutral? Green greens & corneria on CP? What is with these south Texas rules?!

Did you just copy King Mosquito's rulelist? I thought you quit Smash, so if you need some help making a rule list, let me know.

If we can get some decent rules going, I'll come for sure and bring a set up.

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
Check it:

http://www.mashharder.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3341 - Houston thread, not many people will post in it at all, but many will see. Let's hope it will get some people.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?p=5262993#post5262993 - SRK isn't too fond of smash, but they are interested in Brawl.

I think I'll also advertise it on my myspace as well, so be sure to check that out.
Not to mention, were spreading the word around Austin about the tournament and what not.

Hope to see some people there ;o

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I will be there, and I can bring a set-up.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
I will still be in the country for this (UK Player), so I'll ask about and see if I can turn up. Do you know how long it would take roughly to get here from San Marcos?

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
It is a surprise, Pozer, so I can't tell you. Suffice it to say, you probably haven't played it before, and money matching me at it would be a bad idea. This is my guess.

This is not a boast of any kind; I seriously doubt you've played it.

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
It is a surprise, Pozer, so I can't tell you. Suffice it to say, you probably haven't played it before, and money matching me at it would be a bad idea. This is my guess.

If its a fighting game, I really doubt that (even non-arcade ports), lol ;o

if it isn't a fighting game, then yeah you could be right.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
If its a fighting game, I really doubt that (even non-arcade ports), lol ;o

if it isn't a fighting game, then yeah you could be right.
Hmmm i was thinking Guilty Gear until you posted again.

Since it's very likely NOT Guilty Gear, I was wondering what character you play in GG wobbles? I remember you playing it at MLG Dallas.

EDIT: Pozer, you have a myspace??? add me plz

myspace.com/kyletheband

Kal

Smash Champion
I might bring a Melee setup.

I still hate Brawl, though.

If it's Def Jam Vendetta: Fight For NY, I won't even bother entering the Melee tournament. I'll just play that the whole time.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
We REALLY need to get some more TV's and Wii's PLEASE people contact me if you can bring some, or post in here.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Well, Super Spoiler Brothers Melee time. I can't make it to this because my mom will be having surgery, and she needs me to drive her to and from the hospital. :(

I was going to bring my modded PS2 and a copy of Pop'n Music, one of Bemani's stupidly awesome music games.

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
Well, Super Spoiler Brothers Melee time. I can't make it to this because my mom will be having surgery, and she needs me to drive her to and from the hospital. :(

I was going to bring my modded PS2 and a copy of Pop'n Music, one of Bemani's stupidly awesome music games.
What? No way!!
Sucks, man =/

Oh well, I'm a beast in Pop'n Music.
Its an easier version of IIDX, haha ;o

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Rob, do you know somebody that goes by Ledline on the internet?

He's supposedly SUPER good at Pop'n.

I've never played it myself, but I tried IIDX and never felt like learning it LOL.

Mugen no Hikari is an amazing song, though.

Kal

Smash Champion
I have a modded PS2. Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix FOR THE WIN!

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I'd like to come to this. Let's switch Brawl teams to Melee teams. And Brawl singles to Brawl teams.

Or we could just cut out the middle man and switch Brawl singles to Melee teams? This is complicated.

Kal

Smash Champion
How about we switch Brawl singles to Melee singles?

Kal

Smash Champion
Guilty Gear has its strong points, but sometimes it can be too hard with attacks like zappa's d-tilt which, without insane DI is hard to get out of and can combo infinitly almost.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Guilty Gear has its strong points, but sometimes it can be too hard with attacks like zappa's d-tilt which, without insane DI is hard to get out of and can combo infinitly almost.
Zappa kinda sucks unless you get his god summon, and that only lasts for like 16 seconds of pwnage. Pwnage indeed but it's very possible to end the match before he can get that far along.

There is no "DI" in Guilty Gear:ohwell: only air teching and the properties of counterhit vs not counter hit.

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
There is no "DI" in Guilty Gear:ohwell: only air teching and the properties of counterhit vs not counter hit.
You can DI in GGAC, but its random.
Most people just call it a glitch.

God**** GG, so random.
Whats funny about GG is that all the "technical" stuff are all just glitches, lol.

Also, random tip:
When using Zappa, look at the clock. Depending on what time the clock is at, you will get that summon.

For example: If the last number of the clock is a 3, you will get the ghost. If the last number on the clock is a 2, you will get the dog, etc.

I forget exactly what number gives you what, but yeah that how it works in AC version now.

Oh yeah, lets play smash bros (staying on topic).

VERY LATE EDIT: Oh btw, I will be bringing a TV.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
kk everyone I am wondering IF now this is a huge IF. But IF I bought pizza and soft drinks would yall buy them!?! If yes tell me what kind, same with Pizza.

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
Is there a reason that this shindig is on a Friday during business hours? That going to cut out a lot of people.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Yes Dr Mario Kart there is a reason if we rented it out on Saturday it would be $800 by itself...

kwanzai

Smash Rookie
I'm pretty rusty, but I'm going to try and come to this.
If I can make it, I'll definitely bring a TV/Wii/Melee/Brawl/Controllers

...and 3rd Strike if anyone's interested (although doesn't seem like we'll have enough TVs for non-smash)

forkgirl

Smash Lord
how big is the melee tournament looking to be?? could you maybe make a list of who all is entering each?? that would be muy helpful

AustinRC

Smash Lord
kk There you go Forkgirl, made a list of people that should be coming. ALSO again please people I really need to know if I bought **** if yall would eat it like drinks and pizza.

Top Bottom