• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Z went both pika and fox on Trela and I feel bad since I played Z's pika in friendlies and he got training from stauffy for the MU. Also he got Fox training from TKD I think.

:phone:
Did he beat him with Pika, or fox?

Also, Trela has some Pika exp too, so the former would be surprising tbh

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Trela is doing a lot of what I've talked about in that video... Shield DI to FAir punish FTilt, Rolling behind FTilt for frame shinanegans, and more...

Edit: Steam, do you think Snake v. Lucario is still -2?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Take a picture of yourself.

Find Flamey.

Have him Photoshop you in the picture.

???

Profit.

(Hasn't he done something like this before anyway?)

:093:
I think I'll take up this offer if he does, lol.

~

I drowned in R1 pools at APEX, :<.

Only thing I did was take a game off Coney, otherwise nothing special.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Hey Lucarios. I'm seriously considering picking him up as a secondary and I'm wondering where I can find the most current information on his playstyle, etc. I already pored over the frame data and such, but I'm looking for general tips and advice, I suppose.

Hey Red Ruy!

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Watching Trela/Junebug is probably your best bet. Old zucco vids aren't too bad either, although you'll want to watch the first.

The guide Steam's working on isn't too shabby actually, you might want to check there. The cool thing about the char is that he's been shown to be fairly successful with different approaches to his gameplay, so you can more or less be flexible in how you play, as long as you switch it up for certain MUs lol.

Steam

Smash Hero
well it depends on the matchup really. and even then there are many ways to tackle some. but certain ones have to be played in a certain way... like fox for example. you can't just passive aggressively zone him because of his speed. he's a character that forces lucario to commit to approaches :(

or like how against kirby or pikachu lucario needs to just retreat and outspace and camp and stay at mid range. and against marth for example mid range is where he really doesn't want to be.

basically lucario is a jack of all trades... so to be as successful as possible you need to be able to use him in a number of different ways. his versatility is pretty much all that keeps him from being middle of mid tier.

my explanations suck.

edit: though I will say that pretty much all of his matchups against high tiers force him to play in a different way... because high tiers just tend to control game flow like that :/

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Wario and Sonic for example, you have to wall out w/ your aerials a lot, even to the point of it being counter-intuitive at times, because it's much harder for them to get inside or to punish your whiffs if done properly. Marth, you want to stay planted on the ground at almost all times. Ground games like D3/Snake you have to do a lot of cross up work and make them guess where you're going to be, and using frame 1 FP is really good on them for this reason, since their biggest option is shield naturally.

v. Fox, I actually have to say Steam that a good tactic to mix in is a lot of full hop or really long distance baiting with laggy looking moves. Foxes are usually used to getting to punish everything, you can often make them commit to predictable/laggy stuff (most ones that don't use fox consistently anyways, good dedicated fox mains sometimes know better and will do more creative punishes like nair or whatnot). If you can do that with your close cross up game, you can keep him really guessing on what's punishable and what isn't (although he's going to stuff you a lot up close too).

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Well, I won't have to worry about it too much, since I'm mainly picking Lucario up as a playstyle supplement. He doesn't really cover any matchups Marth can't already cover, so he's kinda here as my "This isn't working" backup, since I can play a completely different style, namely more defensive.

Steam

Smash Hero
Well, I won't have to worry about it too much, since I'm mainly picking Lucario up as a playstyle supplement. He doesn't really cover any matchups Marth can't already cover, so he's kinda here as my "This isn't working" backup, since I can play a completely different style, namely more defensive.
yeah it's pretty rare to see anyone second lucario... he takes a lot of work and doesn't cover any worthwhile matchups other than maybe pikachu. He's a solid main though.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Eh, you can always try him in teams...he can be pretty godly.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
my explanations suck.

edit: though I will say that pretty much all of his matchups against high tiers force him to play in a different way... because high tiers just tend to control game flow like that :/
They represent lucario's match-up's well. I would personally like a olimar sentence or two.

I actually thing we should summarize every match-up into a paragraph a less. I think It will be helpful for use and to newcomers to the game. A lot of our match-up threads are out of date and a single( or two) respected member(s) of the Lucario boards can throw them them up. It it can be quite intimidating and misleading going though old threads. Plus I am starting to hear a lot of the same things about match-up said over and over again.

Steam

Smash Hero
I just got a crazy idea...

on lylat could we footstool someone in the air close to the ground, platform cancel drop through and then jab reset them with a sourspot nair > ****? it would be sexy if it we could.

Top Bottom