• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I got 3rd place again, losing to Gnes 2-0 in Winner's and Razer 3-2 in Loser's Finals. My set vs. Gnes was really close, but he managed to always get the kill on me before I did on him. As for my set vs. Razer, it was too close for me to even describe in words.

Even though I know that I normally lose to both Gnes and Razer on a normal day, these losses were really hard to take in for me, especially my loss against Razer. For those who don't know, I live with some of my best friends, Sync, Pj, and Gnes, and we practice every single day for a good couple of hours. I felt like I was ready to do something better this time and win the tournament with this kind of practice under my belt. I also studied my sets with Razer in the past, as well, and made sure that I would know what to do in any of the situations given to me. To lose to a player that has not attended a tournament in over a month, with absolutely no practice whatsoever, is something that I cannot simply just get over. It's like, no matter how hard I try, I'll still lose to the kid that just sits at home and plays Mario Kart all day.

I could talk more about it, but I think I should stop right here before I say something that I didn't mean to say. I've got to go to work, anways.
I'm always free to talk to if you want to rant sometime Trela.

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
Don't punch Igglybuffs. If you do, their parent Puffs will
*puts on sunglasses*

POUND you for your crimes.

Sorry, I couldn't resist

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I think a MOD should give rockettrainer a custom title that says" jigglypuff hater."

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dude, I accept.

Don't punch Igglybuffs. If you do, their parent Puffs will
*puts on sunglasses*

POUND you for your crimes.

Sorry, I couldn't resist

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
:( Why donormal types have a disadvantage to fighting types?

:039:
Real talk; I have noooo clue!
I use to play pokemon competitively. I was the normal type "gym leader" at a pokemon site even~! Ya know, where people could challenge you online and get a prize! The normal type really is an underpowered type thanks to the fighting type weakness. Its like...really? They made them weak to a type that has some of the hardest hitting moves?

*end rage rant*

I think they did that though because like.
If I was pokemon i'd be a normal type and people like bruce lee would be the fighting types. Bruce lee would totally kick my *** dude.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Trela, you just described the tragedy of the mid tier mains and below.
Welcome to the club. :applejack:

Trela

Smash Lord
It's alright, Red Ryu. I'm just not feeling good about myself right now when it comes to getting prepared for Apex, and I don't think ranting about unnecessary things is going to help me. I think I just need some time alone to gather up all of my thoughts together and go over what I've been doing wrong.

I also just got back from getting 4th place at a very small Houston local today, so in no way am I feeling confident about myself at the moment.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I get a curse of 2-2. Or 13th, considering attendance at our tournaments here (hell even at the recent smaller one I got 13th, for some reason I didn't get a round 1 bye -_-). Beat two usually previously ranked players, lose to 2 either currently ranked *** MUs or people I play against a lot. God I've got to learn to fight Zamus.

So not last, but just outside top 10.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I hate you.

I don't get a curse of fourth.
I get a curse of last.

:phone:
This is only natural. The more you time you sink into the game and the better your results get the more you naturally expect from yourself. Just don't forget that you have to put in that hard work.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Well, I often get bracket gayed. I demand seeding.
Last tourney, I fought my brother round 1. My brother I rode in with, that beats me 99% of the time. We fight daily.

Feels bad pony.

Imo Smashers overseed brackets. Only the top half at most should be seeded

Should the worst players always have to fight the best players first round? If bottom half weren't seeded, they'd fight someone who'd likely be able to beat them anyways. Seeding the good players > seeding the bad players, and the results of bad players don't even matter anyways

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
^Pretty much this.

Once you get past the obvious good players, it gets difficult just because of the sheer amount of players left over. It also depends on how many total attendants there are and the location. If a carpool of five people go to a tourney with 20 or so people, chances are that you will have to play someone you know within the first two rounds. Locals also work the same way. It sucks to play your friends, roommates, grandfather, etc., but that's how it works.

I remember someone once complaining that the top players should play each other first round so it would be more fair. He failed to understand that seeding is done to prevent the best players from playing each other early, because it can product inaccurate results and placements. If Joe Bob and Jimmy Smith were the best and fought each other first round, one would be sent to losers early...meanwhile, Billy Jones who is clearly less skilled than both of them gets a free ride to WFs because his side is full of randoms. Clearly not fair to Joe Bob or Jimmy Smith.

The only way to get better seeding is to place higher, and the only way to do that is to get better at the game.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Is there a reason for not seeding everything? As you said, it doesn't matter too much, but I think the "less skilled" players who still consider themselves pretty good would rather have a better seed than a person with no merits.

I suppose that doesn't matter as much compared to avoiding fighting people from your region/carpool. (Doesn't matter to me too much, though).

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Is there a reason for not seeding everything? As you said, it doesn't matter too much, but I think the "less skilled" players who still consider themselves pretty good would rather have a better seed than a person with no merits.

I suppose that doesn't matter as much compared to avoiding fighting people from your region/carpool. (Doesn't matter to me too much, though).
In a perfect world, there would be perfect seeding. Everyone knows everybody, so all entrants can be seeded 100% correctly. Of course this will never happen because of bias, time constraints, new players entering, and other outside human influence. It's just how it is.

And then some people complain about fighting their friends in losers, but they don't realize that what happens in losers is beyond the TOs control. They can only seed in winners based on expected results. If people sandbag or if there are upsets...nothing can be done.

As far as location seeding, it will happen. Yeah, it sucks to have to spend hundreds of dollars to travel to a national and then fight a friend first round, but it happens. You just have to deal with it. Sometimes being a good friend means defeating them...it's beneficial in the long run.

Also, why are you here san? ANSWER ME.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
If only 1st place got money then it wouldn't matter. Honestly if you are aiming for first seeding shouldn't matter that much because you should be beating everyone anyway. That means your friends also.

:phone:

Browny

Smash Hater
I remember someone once complaining that the top players should play each other first round so it would be more fair.
Also, why are you here san? ANSWER ME.
When someone is complaining, SOMEONE has to give them no sympathy.

Also, it was Supermodelfromparis, and he wasnt talking about the same thing. he was saying that seeding done the way it is is simply to ensure that the same players place at the same rankings.

D. Disciple

Smash Master

A wild ike appears

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
When someone is complaining, SOMEONE has to give them no sympathy.

Also, it was Supermodelfromparis, and he wasnt talking about the same thing. he was saying that seeding done the way it is is simply to ensure that the same players place at the same rankings.
I was actually referring to someone who asked me at an offline tourney, but yeah.

RT is officially the biggest tryhard.

:troll:
Welp, next time I'll make sure you get Gnes/Razer first round then.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Stop leaving your toys out people!

Top Bottom