• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

iRJi

Smash Champion
But your not, so don't feel that way. I only use it cause it makes sense lol.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
Then get hit more

Edit: So I did this on facebook and figured why not do it here too.

I'm having a random bout of being more self conscious than usual so I ask of you, O carios across the globe, what is your honest opinion of me? I will hold nothing said here against any of you.

Fsmash, nair is a good killing aerial, fsmash, so is bair, fsmash, dsmash (if your opponent is about to land right next to you with something super laggy (Marth's Dolphin Slash)), and don't forget fsmash

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
uair is one of lucario's best killing aerials, very underrated at times, other good killers are AS, sideB (the grab), dair (when absolutely fresh, which is almost never lol), and at very high percents/aura, fthrow and utilt/dtilt.

uair is one of lucario's best killing aerials, very underrated at times, other good killers are AS, sideB (the grab), dair (when absolutely fresh, which is almost never lol), and at very high percents/aura, fthrow and utilt/dtilt.
Force palm is a situational move. It's really slow (16 frame startup I think?) but there are tricks to surprise your opponent. If you start force palm in the air and land on the ground before frame 16, you'll start the hitbox on the frame you land. 1 gimmick is to short hop air dodge then fp. It's pretty punishable and if you get it once, it likely won't happen again

Also, beware of getting addicted to his dair. OMG DAIR! MUST DAIR EVERYTHING!

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
its still a grab.

a lot of people are prone to shielding when they're in fear of dying.

FP is usually fresh since we're not supposed to use it.

its good enough to be a mix-up, instead of being situational status [thats for double team]

I'm having a random bout of being more self conscious than usual so I ask of you, O carios across the globe, what is your honest opinion of me? I will hold nothing said here against any of you.
Back when we used to play wi-fi, your Lucario went even vs mine, but your Peach can't perform as well vs my Lucario. Play me again sometime and let's see if you've changed

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Force palm is a situational move. It's really slow (16 frame startup I think?) but there are tricks to surprise your opponent. If you start force palm in the air and land on the ground before frame 16, you'll start the hitbox on the frame you land. 1 gimmick is to short hop air dodge then fp. It's pretty punishable and if you get it once, it likely won't happen again

Also, beware of getting addicted to his dair. OMG DAIR! MUST DAIR EVERYTHING!
It's frame 10, it's just the horrendous endlag that you suffer if you whiff the grab that's problematic (it's only redeeming factor is that the flame catches spotdodges way better than it should).

The grab hitbox comes out on frame 1 if you activate it a little before landing on the ground, making it a good punish in response to someone trying to stuff your aerials (Even Logic commented on how it became a little harder to just JC usmash Junebug because he'd get FP killed for trying to wait for the aerial to punish).

It's still a decent mixup from jab (albeit very outdated rofl, most people tend to usually get out of it, but it's still worthwhile to try for.

it's mixup material imo. It helps that it's almost always fresh because there's almost no reason to use it at mid percents (and still can be useful at low percents as a combo starter), so it's a good alternative against characters that rely on shield a bit more than others (funnily enough many of our harder MUs are this way, like D3 and Snake).

It's risky and hard to use when you don't have the knack for it, but when you do, it's sorta like Marth's upB, really risky, but when you know how to use it the risk is almost never exploited.

Steam

Smash Hero
2 25 in that was also really dumb and hilarious...

but srs. hit into someone > Butt fair> bair is the most legit combo ever.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
hitting your partner to edgeguard someone is an underused tactic.

fastest way to get to someone offstage directly no matter where they are.

and a lot of stuff that isn't really that strong kills of the side too :>

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
Flamey is cuter than me and Steam combined (no offense Steam, you're pretty cute too)

Why did nobody tell me that rum was ****ing nasty?

Top Bottom