• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
In Gen V, the bans are:
BST 680+
Kyogre
Groudon
Soul Dew
Double Team
Minimize
Horn Drill
Guillotine
Fissure
Sheer Cold

Everything else is legal. They're discussing banning Inconsistent, at the moment.
Pssst... Groudon and Kyogre fall under BST 680+...

Also, get your Zoroark out of my Smash Brothers.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Let's hope Zoroark replaces Lucario in the next Smash Bros, as highly improbable as it may be.
More likely than you think. Pikachu and Jiggs will remain constants, but Zoroark will probably be there as a tie-in to fifth gen.

A next Smash Bros is highly improbable indeed.
Let's hope Sakurai doesn't do it. Retro should...

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The problem, RT, is that if Smash Bros. 4 follows the same time span as Melee to Brawl did, we'll probably not only have a Sixth Generation, but a new "mascot" similar to Lucario and Zoroark.

So we'll probably have that 6th Gen Mascot instead of Lucario.

Smash4 will probably suck extra hard if Sakurai has any part in it. It would still suck without Sakurai, but all games are going down hill anyways. Sakurai is just a selfish fool of a developer forcing his ideals into his games

in comparison to Melee. Melee's just a little bit better

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Transparent is :nifty: IMO.

Also good to know uploads are no longer limited in time. Wonder if the 2 gig memory thing is still in effect though...

:093:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Well Dusky, if it helps any, Zoroark can Illusion into a Lucario.
@Myth: Zoroark has a beautiful head of hair.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Then keep your Lucario, I'm not saying you can't eat your cake.
I just prefur Zoroark.
That's not a crime.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Okay, my beef with "Sakurai" logic from this quote:
"I had created Smash Bros. to be my response to how hardcore-exclusive the fighting game genre had become over the years. But why did I target it so squarely toward people well-versed in videogames, then? That's why I tried to aim for more of a happy medium with Brawl's play balance. There are three Smash Bros. games out now, but even if I ever had a chance at another one, I doubt we'll ever see one that's as geared toward hardcore gamers as Melee was. Melee fans who played deep into the game without any problems might have trouble understanding this, but Melee was just too difficult."
If we want new people from this generation of gamers to come in, then we need it accessible, simple, and playable by anyone. You can't let yourself get preoccupied with nothing but gameplay and balance details. That's where the core of the Smash Bros. concept lies, not on doggedly keeping the game the way it was before."
source:http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=144539

Is that even in Melee, you still had a "happy medium". I'm sure any person who was a former casual in Melee (like myself) can easily say that there wasn't anything remotely "hard" unless you wanted to make the game about it that way, the most broken thing in the world for me before I actually learned to fight against it was sheik's juggling and ftilt/fair in Melee, or an even longer time ago, Link + cstick lol. Of course, that changed a loooooot when I wanted to learn more about the game, and I got better/joined into the more competitive aspect of the game. Casual players had their own large, happy, and blissfully unaware sphere of this game, then you had something in for the more hardcore players of this game. noobs weren't all of a sudden "disappointed" when all these methods of technicality were being formed by a more competitive circle, it's not like they have this "inadequacy alert" that goes off. And the ones that did ever get disappointed when they learned how much more there is, they probably are not too far from the ones that get disillusioned when they finally realize how little a fish they are in a big pond for Brawl as well.

Gameplay adaptability is more than just looking at the full potential of a game and lowering it, it actually in many ways comes back to bite lower levels of play.

I also do not want this to become a spout of Brawl bashing, and if it does, I apologize in advance for bringing this up.

That being said, I love Brawl still and some of the stuff it gives, like character designs conceptually, and innovations it brought. I also enjoy its learning curve, as does a friend of mine who was actually pretty legitimate in Melee because you have less barriers to work with (he hated how it seemed like he was one L-cancel away from getting screwed over especially playing much better players, he was fairly consistent but still), but also can create enough of a difference where if you're skilled enough, you can make a determinable gap, which I think constitutes for it still being competitively viable. Is it where I like it? Probably not, but considering how much irl stuff happens, I don't think I'd ever be able to build enough of a foundation to make my tech skill usable in Melee.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You can't say that it wouldn't happen, Dusky.
Lucario only got in because it was popular at the time.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
watch guys.

zoroark will be in the next game but lucario will be in it to

just unfinished due to time constraints ;_; qq mewtwo

Let's say good bye to Ike while we're at it

There'll be a new Fire Emblem with a new hero and Ike won't be the next swordsman alongside Marth

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
old dogs can still lear-

wait I'm a juniorcario

wait no I'm 08 anyway so still have some sort of seniorit-

**** it I just learned **** LOL

Steam

Smash Hero
They'll at least try to put Lucario in the next SSB.. He's probably going to be popular for a long time. I mean mewtwo had been out for like 12 years around brawl's release and he still nearly made it in. Granted mewtwo back then was way more popular than lucario now but wutevn

Browny

Smash Hater
Whats special about zoroark exactly?

I can see why Lucario got in. Not only was he quite good in the game, he was a completely unique type, had unique attacks, had his own movie, had telepathy and was pretty much the poster boy of gen 4. I dont see zoroark or any other pokemon doing the same for gen 5.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Are you blind, Browny?

Zoroark's stats suggest that she's just as potent as Lucario. She has a unique ability, an awesome move pool, her own movie...

She's the exact same thing as Lucario was before 4th Gen came out. The exact same.

Browny

Smash Hater
God knows why you keep on saying 'she'

And I dont hear of zoroark mascots at nintendo connection tours etc? Seen plenty of Lucarios lol.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Lucario isn't fast enough to make use of Me First (remember that it has no priority)

I do rough translations of Gen 5 names sometimes.
Daikenki is a Japanese pun. It literally means "Large Dog Fish", but Kenki is the name of a samurai.
Rankurusu is Lankulus (Lanky Humonculus)
Genies are Tornalos, Voltolos, Landolos.
Vulturina (Baruchina)
Wargle (Wooguu)
Symbol (Shinboraa)
Emboar (Enbuoo)
Snakelord (Jarooda)
Chilaccino (Chiraachiino)

Nothing else coming to mind. Ask me and I'll give my speculations.

Top Bottom