• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aura Malarkey in 3D .:. Lsgd

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
Or Steel...
Or Ice...

lol at fire/ice starter.

which WOULD make sense, since in gen 4, they tried to balance it out, and that all 3 evolutions now have a strong point on both others

Torterra: GRASS/GROUND (Adv over Infernape(FIRE/Fighting), and Empleon(Water/STEEL)
Infernape: FIRE/FIGHTING (adv over Empleon(FIGHT), and Torterra(GRASS/Ground)
Empoleon: WATER/STEEL (Adv over Infernape(FIRE/Fight), and Torterra(Grass/GROUND)

so a fire/ice would cover maybe the secondary type of the water pokemon :o...but water resists ice so...

iDeo

Smash Journeyman

i swear these pokemon keep getting more cuter ever time they enter a new region. It annoys me because they don't look hardcore. There evolved forms better look cooler.

either way though, i'm still gonna get it when i get my DS

PS: can som1 link me to the opening for Touhou cause i think i skipped like 40 something eps ahead or somethin

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
If anything, there's yellow and black on it, which gives hints of electricity, which would follow that logic.

The otter looks like it's water/ice.

As for the grass one... no real idea...

PS: can som1 link me to the opening for Touhou cause i think i skipped like 40 something eps ahead or somethin
Opening for touhou? What the hell? There isn't even an anime.

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord

i swear these pokemon keep getting more cuter ever time they enter a new region. It annoys me because they don't look hardcore. There evolved forms better look cooler.

either way though, i'm still gonna get it when i get my DS

I'm giving you 5 min to edit your above post before I not change this...

If you saw that, then you should have seen kita failing at trolling.
The real ones are a few posts down of kita's

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I'd like to guess the grass type is a secondary ground, but Torterra already exists...

Actually, that might be perfect.

GrassGround is 4x weak to ice

FireElectric is 4x weak to ground

WaterIce is 4x weak to- ...****.

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
A grass/flying type pokemon i'd like to see cause i always start with grass types anyway. My flying type has always been Pigeot though b/c he's just too beast of a pokemon.

Has any1 ever seen Leo & Satan? If not, check it out. Onlyu like 2 min. and 30 sec.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/530334
Staraptor > All start birdie flying final evo's (Pidgeot, Noctowl, Swellow)

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
Hey Deo, seriously explain this one, please.
i was readin the posts that i missed last night to keep up with the topic. then i looked up Tohou on utube and found this little animated skit of it

this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLAQm2OcC-4

so i figured this was wat u guyz were talkin about and thought there was like an episode 1 cause i was interested in it

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I hope that grasser gets a water typing, although that's unlikely.

I hope that Stealth Rock gets nerfed this gen. Otherwise competitive pokemon will suck like this gen.

Gah777

Smash Lord

I hope that Stealth Rock gets nerfed this gen. Otherwise competitive pokemon will suck like this gen.
haha half my teams were/are based around stealth rock.

Oh and just by the looks of it, i can see that grass starter ending up being grass/dragon

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

All they gotta do, is make Stealth Rocks/Spikes/Toxic Spikes all temporary.
Force them all to disappear anywhere from 3-5 turns, just like weather effects.

I guarantee they'll see less play because of that.
At the very least, it'll become more balanced out. Force those type of teams to be more committed to those set ups.

Oh, and effin' make Tyranitar and Abomasnow's abilities temporary too. That crap's annoyin'. :p

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Stealth Rock is broken in its current state, it basically is doing what Meta Knight does to Brawl's metagame. The metagame hasn't changed for like two freaking years even with pokemon getting new moves from the games and such.

Its the reason why I quit competitive battling for the most part (and I was on the top half of Smogon's leaderboard for years).

Easy way to annoy the crap out of people and win:

Spikestacking team.

Get a SR lead, Spiker, and at least two phazers. Ghost type is optional to block the spinners, but if you can kill the spinner before they do anything you really don't need a Ghostie.

Your opponent has to hope that Roar/Whirlwind drags in something that can deal with the phazer and if that happens just bring in your other phazer that should wall the your phazer's counters. There's taunters, but your opponent has to be fast enough to pull it off and there's not many fast Taunters that can take too many hits...

Having walls like Blissey, Skarmory, and Suicune are essential to using a SpikeStacking team because they wall soooo much and force more switches, after you get fully setup 37.5% damage is dealt to anything neutral to Rock that isn't a flier or levitator.

Gah777

Smash Lord
Stealth Rock is broken in its current state, it basically is doing what Meta Knight does to Brawl's metagame. The metagame hasn't changed for like two freaking years even with pokemon getting new moves from the games and such.

Its the reason why I quit competitive battling for the most part (and I was on the top half of Smogon's leaderboard for years).

Easy way to annoy the crap out of people and win:

Spikestacking team.

Get a SR lead, Spiker, and at least two phazers. Ghost type is optional to block the spinners, but if you can kill the spinner before they do anything you really don't need a Ghostie.

Your opponent has to hope that Roar/Whirlwind drags in something that can deal with the phazer and if that happens just bring in your other phazer that should wall the your phazer's counters. There's taunters, but your opponent has to be fast enough to pull it off and there's not many fast Taunters that can take too many hits...

Having walls like Blissey, Skarmory, and Suicune are essential to using a SpikeStacking team because they wall soooo much and force more switches, after you get fully setup 37.5% damage is dealt to anything neutral to Rock that isn't a flier or levitator.
I'm sure you could just Shuttle Loop out of this crap if you really tried

Gah777

Smash Lord
Just get a Zubat and teach it u-turn, twister, drill peck, and shadow force, and BOOM, MK in pokemon

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I don't understand why people have Life Orb Starmie with Rapid Spin.

All this discussion is making me want to play Shoddy again...

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah, let's talk about furries again! That's a fantastic idea!
Rule34 has already gotten to the starters/trainers. Those poor *******s.

Gah777

Smash Lord
Espy, we can't just talk about furries all the time... Occasionally the topic must change or be productive, even though this is a social.
lol jk <3 furries. could talk about them all day, son.

Remilia is cool.

I work for her.

in my extremely vivid recurring dreams.

The younger mistress is cooler though.

I'm her valet for a reason.
Waking dreams, son.

Edit I'll take it 'cause I want to do something worthwhile around here for once.

And DR is legit.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Just reading Myth's post is why I'm glad I gave up competitive pokemon a long time ago.
That and I just HATE online pokemon that isn't done through a DS. It's just pick what you want and go, no like training your pokemon, or doing everthing to get them where you want them to be.

Nope, click, choose, go. Its bull****.

In other news, I've been talking to a few of the guys up at NAU EDF program (some science club that has way to many tv's and ran many tournaments my freshmen year) about tournament directing for next year. If I get enough on the bandwagon, I could be running legitimate brawl tournaments.
-t2

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
The benefit about having something like Shoddy though is it advances the metagame so far ahead that we've pretty much realized the peak of 4th gen metagame two years ago.

I'd hate to spend all of my time EVing and other things to make a team that sucks. Ah well, being able to pass IVs off easier in HG/SS makes things so much easier.

Top Bottom